Whats up with the USF boneyard?

chris mcfly

Mouseketeer
As i am sure most of you know, the majority of the props from the boneyard have been removed quite some time ago [if you need final convincing that this is no longer a movie studio and is now a theme park, this would be it]. Does anybody know what the official fate of this area is? I have heard so many things, but the one rumor i keep hearing over and over is that it is going to be converted into a garden/relaxation area. Any news anybody?

i like that idea, Universal should install hammocks <--- psst...Earl

The boneyard had to go. The props were falling down on themselves and looking pretty bad. As to what may go there, I haven't heard anything definite. I did hear the garden thing being discussed as an interim possibility.

Reports are that Barry is trying to get his hammock in between a couple of trees.

it works for bellagio, so how about a really cool fountain that dances to the music in the park. (on a much smaller scale of course)

barry, you dont mind if i use your hammock once in a while do you? ;) as long as theres a beer stand near by i'll be in business.

I was there last August and it was pretty sparse... Things were looking faded/rusty...

A Bellagio fountain, nice... but hey doesn't Epcot have something similiar?

I like the garden area, as long as it is shady... that was awful last year.

I would imagine that there's just not the amount of props laying around like there used to be. The old ones were made of steel and lasted for years. New ones are made of materials like foam, or better yet, computer generated. Maybe I should take a box of disks out there an leave them :jester:

Originally posted by Earl
I would imagine that there's just not the amount of props laying around like there used to be. The old ones were made of steel and lasted for years. New ones are made of materials like foam, or better yet, computer generated. Maybe I should take a box of disks out there an leave them :jester:

Not to mention that a good number of them weren't ever actually used in any real production. Many were just reproductions of props used in films.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter