What's your Favorite in Disney Springs? (Besides RR)

iloveeeyore

DIS Veteran
We haven't been to Disney Springs since right after they named it DS and it was still mostly under construction. DH and I are thinking of spending the late afternoon and evening there one night before a cruise. I just started looking at all the restaurant options and menus and...wow! I am a little overwhelmed!

What is your favorite restaurant in DS and what do you order there? Please do not say Raglan Road. We have been several times and love it, will probably stop by the bar for a drink, but looking for a different dinner experience. We are also open to a tapas pub crawl kind of experience. Suggestions?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Wine Bar George (ask for Juan), The Boathouse, and Morimoto Asia. Morimoto Asia's Omakase is my favorite dining experience in all of WDW.

Morimoto Asia is our fav in Disney Springs- the ribs are to die for and I'm not even a rib fan. It's a beautiful restaurant, the food is excellent, and the service is amazing.

Depends what you want really. Wine Bar George is great for a casual walk in meal or sitting at the bar for small plates. Homecomin is just pure comfort food, best Mac and cheese. We also love Wolfgang Puck’s which is a good mix of casual but great execution on the space, food and service. It would be hard to pass up Jaleo if I had one meal to pick from at DS though...

It is overwhelming! I first visited earlier this year after being away for a long time and was buried in information about all the food options. I'm still a but overwhelmed after trying to soak it all in over time, plus going with someone who isn't as adventurous as I am adds some restrictions.

I've heard really good things about Jaleo and from what I understand, the owner of Jaleo is quite the humanitarian.
We're fond of the dole whip floats found in the market place section, poutine from the stand by World of Disney, and Amorette's for desserts. :teeth:

Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’
The Polite Pig
We also like STK but our latest visit last month was disappointing, so we’re taking a break for the time being.

Adding my rec for Wine Bar George, that place has amazing food and is really low key. I escaped the heat at Epcot back in August and had lunch there, the Steak Frites is phenomenal and a great value for the quality. They serve the same steak at dinner for two I think, only without the frites.

Homecomin is also good but I found the chicken to be hyped up a bit too much. When I had it, it was definitely underseasoned. I plan on trying it again on our next trip just to make sure it wasn't an off night.

Another vote for Morimoto Asia. My wife even took some colleagues there for a meal when she was in Orlando for a conference and they all loved it.

so many good ones. Agree that Boathouse, Homecomin, and Polite Pig are great. We also like a lunch of appetizers at the bar at Enzo's and tapas at WBG.

Hard question. The new Disney Springs restaurant list is incredible over the old Downtown Disney. Of the new ones (leaving out the old like Paradiso 37, Raglan Road (per OP's instructions), Rainforest Cafe, etc.), I echo previous posters on Morimoto Asia. The food itself is probably on par with other sushi & Asian fusion restaurants, but when you add that to the decor/ambience = WOW! One of the most beautiful restaurants I've eaten in. If you want a more "American" meal, I highly recommend Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill. Now I know this is NOT a new concept to Disney Springs / DTD, but I would argue it should be considered among the new because the previous restaurant was closed, and the new restaurant is completely NEW construction in a new location. I can't remember if we were there for dinner on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day last year, but we had a BLAST. The menu was good & I felt that there were a lot of clean options, leaving me the opportunity to get dessert (which was an EXCELLENT decision; their pastry chef / pastry team is superb!) The ambience is beautiful. Love how open the kitchens and pizza / cold prep area is. There are also many great different seating areas - high tops or bar seats by the copper pizza oven & windows, booths, bar seats at the main bar, outside, etc. My family ate at a table with half of the seating a booth closer to the main kitchen (which is in open view to diners), but my husband & I would like to return - just the two of us - and sit by the pizza oven at one of the 2-top high-tops. Husband loves to make pizza so I think he wants to scope out Wolgang's secrets! The service was also impeccable (better than before), but I don't know if that's because it was newly opened when we were there.

Of the NEW Disney Springs restaurants that are a duplicate of another restaurant or another concept of a Chef who has other restaurants (outside of the World):
- LOVE Art & Soul - Chef Art Smith's restaurant in DC that opened a long time before Homecomin'- and I can vouch for everything on the menu there, as there are a lot of similar items or influences on the Homecomin' menu. Fried chicken anything is worth the cals.
- Chef Rick Bayless has awesome restaurants. The quick-service in CHI O'Hare is probably the best option in that entire airport. Frontera Cocina should be excellent under Bayless' Helm
- Jaleo by Jose Andreas - Been to both Jaleo's in DC and Bethesda. As well as China Chilcano and China Pobano (both are AWESOME), Zaytinya in DC (Med), and beefsteak in DC (his quick-service Chipotle-style vegetable-driven concept), and all are EXCELLENT. Plus, Jose invests in helping those in need. Great guy & great food! I FULLY support him in all his ventures.
- I found DC's STK to just be eh. Yet another steakhouse dressed up to look different. But if you're into steak, go for it. Likely better quality than the other Disney-operated steakhouses in the World. However, you can find STKs in many cities; I figure why eat at one in Disney Springs when there are so many other cool concepts truly unique to Disney Springs to try.

I have not tried (but want to): Wine Bar George (reviews are great, although I feel like this concept can be found almost anywhere these days; it's just trendy), Enzo's Hideaway (looks fun), Edison (although some of the reviews are concerning), and Boathouse (if $ were no object - I'm fr New England & lived in DC many years & fortunate to eat at many seafood restauants with this type of concept; thus, the prices at Boathouse SHOCK me!). Hope this helps, sorry for the novel.

Homecomin' was definitely some of the best food we've had. It's a lot of food, so if you decide to go there, you might want to plan on sharing within your party.

The service was also impeccable (better than before), but I don't know if that's because it was newly opened
Unlike the old Puck restaurant which was run ( into the ground IMO) by Levy's this one is operated by Puck's company . We had dinner there last month and the food & service were outstanding.
I also recommend Homecomin , Polite Pig if you want BBQ& are ok with a QS environment. We did Boathouse on a prior trip and enjoyed our meals but are entrees were in the $20s group. Some of their other entrees are pricey.

Wine Bar George! I try to get there every trip.

Morimoto Asia is good but more formal and better with more people imo.

If you are looking for a low key place to have a fabulous cocktail head to the bar at Enzo's Hideaway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts