Whats your preferred airline that you use?

Southwest for obvious reasons. Love their family boarding and nice staff. We have their premier credit card and get points for free flights. You do not have to worry about baggage fees and limits because everyone gets free checked bags. It is easy to change flights and cancel with no fees.

Up until July, I hadn't flown in a decade. It was my first time using Southwest, and I was hugely impressed with the service. Our airport got major renovations, but the terminals have been easy to navigate.

There were no problems using the airline, I like how they don't fee you to death. It will be my airline of choice when I go back to MCO or anywhere domestic that SWA flies.

The short answer: Whichever airline offers a nonstop flight to my destination. Since my home airport is EWR, the almost always means United, where I have status.

In general, I much prefer the legacy carriers and will choose them over Southwest even for a slightly higher price. I greatly value the miles I accrue and spend them for international vacations with my wife. The inability to travel to most foreign destinations with airlines like Southwest and JetBlue make them pretty much a waste to me, unless the price is really right.

Reading the comments, I'm surprised how few posters seem to care about international award travel. Do folks here just spend most of their vacation time at Disney? Do they not fly enough to accrue enough miles to redeem?

Last edited:

The short answer: Whichever airline offers a nonstop flight to my destination. Since my home airport is EWR, the almost always means United, where I have status.

In general, I much prefer the legacy carriers and will choose them over Southwest even for a slightly higher price. I greatly value the miles I accrue and spend them for international vacations with my wife. The inability to travel to most foreign destinations with airlines like Southwest and JetBlue make them pretty much a waste to me, unless the price is really right.

Reading the comments, I'm surprised how few posters seem to care about international award travel. Do folks here just spend most of their vacation time at Disney? Do they not fly enough to accrue enough miles to redeem?

I've already done one international trip this year on award miles. It wasn't a bad deal. First/business class there, and then economy plus on the way back. It really helps cut costs!

People must pack an absolute TON of stuff if the two free checked bags on Southwest is such a perk. I think I've maybe checked a bag twice over 100+ flights over the last decade.

That would be me - I've finally gotten better and can get away with one checked bag, one carry on suitcase and one backpack. On the flight home, I usually check the carry on suitcase and just have my backpack. I hate doing laundry on vacation and when I go it's hot so I'm packing 2 outfits per day usually.
That's one reason why I love to fly Southwest to and from Orlando. LOL

Plus the free upgrades to economy plus once you hit silver status for the year are great. My husband has even been upgraded to first class on several flights. We used miles to upgrade to Business First on our trip to London this year and it was super nice.

Delta and United!

As we get older we prefer reserved seats and more legroom and Southwest doesn't give either and we hate the cattle call boarding. Now that we are in Colorado everywhere is a distance so comfort becomes important. We did like Jet Blue when we lived back east but their flights from Denver are always more expensive than the other airlines. We're always building miles on both our United and Delta cards and end up with free flights pretty regularly. I am considering Frontier if I fly alone to Orlando in the future. It's a direct flight from Colorado Springs and when traveling alone I'm not as fussy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter