Whats your strategy ?

alexandra uk

DIS Veteran
I wonder if any of you could help me please !!!
Which rides are the best to get out of the way first? I know that there are so many popular rides, but where do I start, and then where do I go from there ???

Have you got a strategy :confused:

I don't have a fixed strategy but these tips might be useful:

Rides which really suffer from queues from first thing in the morning are Peter Pan, Big Thunder and Space Mountain. All three have FastPass so take advantage of this, but be aware that in very busy times Peter Pan can give out all its FPs by 1pm, and Big Thunder and SM by mid-afternoon.

Pirates is often a good bet for short queues, even when other rides have 60minute+ wait times, so we often do this in the afternoon. Indy can also have short queue times in comparision to other attractions, particualrly in the morning (it's at the back of the park and I think it takes a little bit of time for some people to find it).

The Walt Disney Studios is very quiet from mid-afternoon onwards as many people leave the park early (only a small number of attractions). However, make sure that you don't miss out on the Stunt Show (check the times for each show) as this is truly amazing and tends to fill up even if the rest of the park is quiet.

Regards

Rob

Thanks Rob :D
Going on what you've said, I think we'll go to The Studios on the day we arrive, that way by the time we get there, best part of the crowds should be gone.
As for the big park I'll try to get there as early as possible and hit all the popular rides first. Are they all spaced very far apart ?

Another tip to try, which goes for all Disney parks, is eat outside the normal meal times as all the families will be going for lunch etc.
I had my 'lunch' at just after 3 in the village and when I walked back at 4.30ish, loads of people with families were leaving the parks to feed their tribbles.

That will work out perfect for us Elise, we eat out of normal meal times anyway.
We never eat breakfast before 10am (and thats early for us), lunch between 3 & 4, and we have dinner at around 7pm.
I'm going to book a character breakfast at Walt's for 8.00am :eek:
I can't imagine sitting down to breakfast that early. DS will love it though, and we get to get into the park early.
I've booked a Fantasyland breakfast too, but thats to get into the park early aswell.
The rest of the days we'll skip breakfast in the hotel, and get something later on in the parks.

Be early & get a fast pass for Peter Pan & don't forget to get a fastpass for Peter Pan!!!!

It's one of my favourite rides but not worth the 1 to 2 hours I've seen people wait.

In the park we eat at Cafe Hyperion (spell??) near Space Mountain. They serve burgers etc. But if you time your visit right you can eat & watch a show at the same time.

Sue

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Originally posted by alexandra uk
Are they all spaced very far apart ?

Disneyland in Paris covers a slightly larger area than the Magic Kingdom, but for me the distance from one attraction to another feels a little bit less in DLP than in the MK. This might be because in know the Paris park that much better, or it could be the Imagineers planned DLP a little better. Let us know what you think...

Regards

Rob

I'm going to ask for park maps to be sent to me so as I can plan my route once I get into the parks.
Although I've been before, we only had 2 days there, and it was that crowded we didn't really do much as the que times were too long. I can only vaguley remember where some of the rides are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!