What's your typical/ideal Embarkation Day routine?

Not very magical, but as soon as our luggage arrives I unpack it all. Makes getting ready each day easier and less hectic not having to search through luggage for stuff. Otherwise we usually just eat lunch and check out the kids clubs.
That's my wife to a tea - nothing happens until all luggage is under the bed :-)

Embarkation morning is usually so rushed and hectic, that when we finally get on board we go straight to the sit-down restaurant for a relaxing lunch where we don't have to haul our carry-on bags all over the place. Order a drink of the day. When rooms are ready, we ditch the bags and then head to adults-only areas either at the Cove or sports bar if it is open (no kids in our traveling party). Order another drink :) Head to muster drill when it's time, then back to our verandah to sail away quietly with a bottle of wine and maybe a cheese plate. Unpack and get ready for dinner. If we have to change dining or anything at guest services, I send DH to do that while the rest of us hang out at our lunch table.

Quick breakfast before heading to the port. Earliest PAT (although next cruise is concierge so that'll be cool!)
Sit down lunch in one of the MDRs. Casual walk through the ship, kids' club open house, spa raffle, head to room and unpack, muster drill, sail away, chill until dinner/show. Pretty low key, nothing crazy, but man, what would I give for that right now, lol.

Pretty common embarkation day routine.. we get on the ship and we go to book tastings, palo, etc. After, we HAVE to go to Cabanas because it's a tradition, it brings on the happy embarkation day vibes. After, if the rooms aren't ready yet we get a drink, and then we head to our SR!! We usually just wait there until the muster drill, but sometimes we also go check out the kids clubs and wander around the ship.

We are all platinum. Get on as early as possible. Have our carryon luggage with us. Find a table by the cove pool. Dump our luggage. If not wearing suits already, change. Get lunch. I prefer grill. My husband likes the buffet. We hang by pool and ride slide until rooms open. Take our stuff to room. And as soon as bags arrive I unpack. I usually have al my reservations done ahead of time for cocktail tastings et. but if we need anything I do it as soon as we get on
We always do late dinner so there is no rush. I may go to show on first night at 630 but it depends when bags arrive. Otherwise I meet up with family after show for a drink.

Can anyone tell me more about the spa raffle? I had heard it recommended so we went to see the spa first day. Instead of a raffle we got a tour and pressured into buying the rainforest pass. (That was fine but we ended up too entertained elsewhere on the ship with our kids to use the rainforest room more than twice on an 11-day. Plus it was busy in there so I was always wondering if I was sitting on the lounger too long or how much time I could spend in the shower and if I should just go in one or hop through all of them... :) The raffle wasn’t mentioned and we must have forgotten to ask. Is getting a tour/sales pitch always part of it?

Same here. Sent the DH and DS out of the room and got everything unpacked. Don't want to have to mess around with all that stuff later!
I need to start sending my husband out of the room when I unpack. He's always just relaxing on the bed with his hands behind his head in a manner that makes me want to throw things at his head. It would be different if he at least paid attention to where I put things so he isnt constantly questioning me the first couple of days. The room isnt that large, how hard can it be to find something on your own.

So, yeah, sending him away for a half hour would probably make for a much more relaxing first afternoon.

We always get the earliest PAT. We like the hustle and bustle at the port. Once on the ship we go to the open MDR for lunch. We like to sit down and relax for lunch. Afterwards we drop off our carry on suitcase at the room. I take the kids to the kids club to see what's going on, while the wife goes to the spa to get her nails done and book other activities. When bags arrive at the room we unpack, while the kids watch tv. Then we go to the top deck for the sail a wave party...

Boy I miss being on the boat now!!!

The raffle wasn’t mentioned and we must have forgotten to ask. Is getting a tour/sales pitch always part of it?

The raffle has always been part of the tour as I recall. I also don't recall being pressured to buy a RFR pass, but we always seek it out. We travel without kids and it's a nice, quiet, relaxing way to spend time after (early) dinner since we've already seen all of the shows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter