Wheelchair/Handicapped Accessible Room Locations and Measurements

It was baffling when the DVC villas at the Grand Californian were built because the main access from the lobby to the DVC tower did not have accessible doors. You either had to push or if you were lucky someone would open it for you (the concierge desk was next to it so often they would help). It took them awhile to rectify this too. Disney really needs to have a disabled person go around and try to use their projects some time.

Personally, I think that every member of the management team should have to spend one full 8 hour day at WDW or DL (or their respective place of employment) in either a wheelchair or a mobility device. I think we would see a *lot* of changes, and quickly if they had to actually experience what it's like for a full day.

Personally, I think that every member of the management team should have to spend one full 8 hour day at WDW or DL (or their respective place of employment) in either a wheelchair or a mobility device. I think we would see a *lot* of changes, and quickly if they had to actually experience what it's like for a full day.
DITTO! For example--whoever designed the accessible exiting from the Toy Story ride in DCA--the turn is so tight--you can see where the wall is banged up constantly because it is too tight a turn--and then it dumps you into a store where people can't see you coming so lots of opportunities for crashes if you're not aware and careful. Crazy.

Does anyone have any info on Yacht Club Lagoon/Pool view rooms with Roll-in showers? This is what I’ve booked, but on touring plans it’s not showing any rooms like that even exists at the YC. I had a huge issue this year at AKL when I booked a room with a roll in shower (fully paid, vacation was planned almost a year in advance) then arriving and them not having a room with a roll-in shower available because they said they were over booked (and saying the category I booked no longer existed with them after the room refurb which was currently happening). I don’t want that to happen again and not seeing the category I booked on touring plans makes me a little concerned. Any info would be greatly appreciat

I would call the hotel and talk to someone at the front desk. Ask for a manager if you don't get good answers. What did they end up doing at AKL?

I would call the hotel and talk to someone at the front desk. Ask for a manager if you don't get good answers. What did they end up doing at AKL?

The first 4 days we had to stay in the room they assigned us even though it was not what I booked nor what I needed/wanted, but they said everywhere was booked and they couldn’t find us a room there or at another resort with the roll-in and 2 beds (what we booked and needed). On the 5th day they moved us to a large DVC room at the hotel with enough beds and the roll-in shower. It wasn’t a fun experience because by 5 days in we just wanted the situation to be settled so we didn’t have to worry about it. They made it right in the end by giving us a room with the requirements that we needed and booked far enough in advance but every step of the way we were made to feel like we were putting them out and like the issues were our fault. So i’m Just trying to avoid anything like that happening next year if possible!

The first 4 days we had to stay in the room they assigned us even though it was not what I booked nor what I needed/wanted, but they said everywhere was booked and they couldn’t find us a room there or at another resort with the roll-in and 2 beds (what we booked and needed). On the 5th day they moved us to a large DVC room at the hotel with enough beds and the roll-in shower. It wasn’t a fun experience because by 5 days in we just wanted the situation to be settled so we didn’t have to worry about it. They made it right in the end by giving us a room with the requirements that we needed and booked far enough in advance but every step of the way we were made to feel like we were putting them out and like the issues were our fault. So i’m Just trying to avoid anything like that happening next year if possible!

I would contact Disability Services directly.

Disability Services: (407) 560-2547 or email disability.services@disneyparks.com

Tell them what happened last time, and ask them to reach out to the Resort's Booking Department to make sure that your room type is both correctly noted on the reservation and will be blocked out so that you don't have to worry.

Remember that it can be kind of tough to get through to Front Desk/Concierge if you aren't on-site at WDW; most of those calls route through a centralized Call Center.

I would contact Disability Services directly.

Disability Services: (407) 560-2547 or email disability.services@disneyparks.com

Tell them what happened last time, and ask them to reach out to the Resort's Booking Department to make sure that your room type is both correctly noted on the reservation and will be blocked out so that you don't have to worry.

Remember that it can be kind of tough to get through to Front Desk/Concierge if you aren't on-site at WDW; most of those calls route through a centralized Call Center.

Thank you for the numbers, I will do that.

Would appreciate hearing if anyone has stayed at Gran Destino Tower at CSR in a roll-in shower room. Specifically need info on the built-in bench in the shower: Is it a solid seat, or the dreaded "mesh sling" like we have seen installed at POP.

(note to Mods: I am going to cross-post this to the Resorts/CBR thread as well)

Hi, mamabunny.

I just booked one night at Gran Destino Tower Standard View Roll-in Shower room for Sunday, 12/09/2019 for $228.67 = $203.25+25.42 ($70.34 more, but new tower). I'll take photos and measurements.

I already had an All-Star Movies room for that night for $158.33 = $139.50+18.83. I'm going to wait before I cancel.

It costs $70.00 more.

I have been trying to get a Pop Century room that night for a long time so I didn't have to move for just one night.

1-room-9n-g00-16x9.jpg

2-room-9n-g01-16x9.jpg

I think this is a standard room photo because the beds are too high. Even though this photo was listed under the roll-in shower room.

3-room-9n-g04-16x9.jpg

4-room-9n-g03-16x9.jpg

Photos from WDW.

I can't tell from the photo if this is a roll-in and I don't see a seat. But the right lower end of the shower glass looks like a walk-in shower instead of a roll-in shower. But the WDW photos under their room views are sometimes used on multiple views and so this could be from a non-roll-in shower room. I don't know.

I found some photos on this website:

https://*****.com/2019/07/photos-vi...sort-is-a-moderate-resort-in-deluxe-clothing/

It is not an individual room, but the

Fitness Center – Lobby, near Elevators (24 Hour Access)
Gran Destino Tower adds a whole new Fitness Center to Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort

https://*****.com/wp-content/upload...ning-chronos-club-july-2019_355-1200x900.jpeg

https://cdn7.*****.com/wp-content/u...ning-chronos-club-july-2019_351-1200x900.jpeg

The accessible shower features a handheld showerhead and a standard wall showerhead.

https://cdn7.*****.com/wp-content/u...ning-chronos-club-july-2019_354-1200x900.jpeg

It is interesting to see no fold-down seat, but maybe they use the wooden stool.

https://cdn7.*****.com/wp-content/u...ning-chronos-club-july-2019_350-1200x900.jpeg

The blog took a photo of a standard tower room shower and this is what I thought I saw in the WDW photo under the roll-in shower room. Not a roll-in shower room.

.https://cdn7.wdwnt.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/gran-destino-tower-disneys-coronado-springs-resort-grand-opening-chronos-club-july-2019_84-1200x900.jpeg

Edit after less than 24-hours, none of those Tower rooms arexshown as available.

I guess I got lucky!

Last edited:
Hi, mamabunny.

I just booked one night at Gran Destino Tower Standard View Roll-in Shower room for Sunday, 12/09/2019 for $228.67 = $203.25+25.42 ($70.34 more, but new tower). I'll take photos and measurements.

I already had an All-Star Movies room for that night for $158.33 = $139.50+18.83. I'm going to wait before I cancel.

It costs $70.00 more.

I have been trying to get a Pop Century room that night for a long time so I didn't have to move for just one night.

1-room-9n-g00-16x9.jpg

2-room-9n-g01-16x9.jpg

I think this is a standard room photo because the beds are too high. Even though this photo was listed under the roll-in shower room.

3-room-9n-g04-16x9.jpg

4-room-9n-g03-16x9.jpg

Photos from WDW.

I can't tell from the photo if this is a roll-in and I don't see a seat. But the right lower end of the shower glass looks like a walk-in shower instead of a roll-in shower. But the WDW photos under their room views are sometimes used on multiple views and so this could be from a non-roll-in shower room. I don't know.

I found some photos on this website:

https://*****.com/2019/07/photos-vi...sort-is-a-moderate-resort-in-deluxe-clothing/

It is not an individual room, but the

https://*****.com/wp-content/upload...ning-chronos-club-july-2019_355-1200x900.jpeg

https://cdn7.*****.com/wp-content/u...ning-chronos-club-july-2019_351-1200x900.jpeg

https://cdn7.*****.com/wp-content/u...ning-chronos-club-july-2019_354-1200x900.jpeg

It is interesting to see no fold-down seat, but maybe they use the wooden stool.

https://cdn7.*****.com/wp-content/u...ning-chronos-club-july-2019_350-1200x900.jpeg

The blog took a photo of a standard tower room shower and this is what I thought I saw in the WDW photo under the roll-in shower room. Not a roll-in shower room.

.https://cdn7.*****.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/gran-destino-tower-disneys-coronado-springs-resort-grand-opening-chronos-club-july-2019_84-1200x900.jpeg

Edit after less than 24-hours, none of those Tower rooms arexshown as available.

I guess I got lucky!

I'm excited to hear a trip report for this resort - so far I have not been able to find any info about the roll-in showers at Gran Destino.

And it sounds like you got a great room rate as well! Go you! 🙂

My good friend and I will be staying at Yacht Club in April, 2020. We will probably both rent ECVs for our trip, so are wondering about room size and if it can accomodate two scooters for charging. Or is there a better place to charge them?

I know it can be tight in the room with one scooter plugged in, so I am curious if anyone here has ever have two of them in there?

We will try to request a ground floor room, to avoid elevators, and wonder if the ground floor patio could be an option? Since the rental scooters come with a little rain protector, do you think that would work? Are there plug ins out there?

Or, if there are better options? We can both walk a short distance, so if we need to leave them somewhere outside the room for charging, is that an alternative?

Thanks for any suggestions... :)

My good friend and I will be staying at Yacht Club in April, 2020. We will probably both rent ECVs for our trip, so are wondering about room size and if it can accomodate two scooters for charging. Or is there a better place to charge them?

I know it can be tight in the room with one scooter plugged in, so I am curious if anyone here has ever have two of them in there?

We will try to request a ground floor room, to avoid elevators, and wonder if the ground floor patio could be an option? Since the rental scooters come with a little rain protector, do you think that would work? Are there plug ins out there?

Or, if there are better options? We can both walk a short distance, so if we need to leave them somewhere outside the room for charging, is that an alternative?

I know people have fit 2 ECVs in value resort rooms, so it shouldn’t be any problem at Yacht Club.

Enjoy your vacation!

The value resortsArt of Animation, Pop Century and the All-Stars—are 260 square feet

The moderate resorts are 314 square feet

The deluxe vary from 344 square feet at the Wilderness Lodge and the Animal Kingdom Lodge to 440 square feet at the Grand Floridian.

The bedroom spaces at the moderate resorts are actually larger than those at the Wilderness Lodge and the Animal Kingdom Lodge, and comparable to the bedroom spaces in the Yacht Club and Beach Club.

The value resorts are bigger than a Super 8, the moderate resorts comparable to a Holiday Inn or Best Western, and the Deluxes are not all comparable to a luxury hotel.

First of all - and I can't stress this enough - charge the battery overnight, every night. A rental ECV should be able to go all day at WDW if it is properly and fully charged overnight. And the place to charge it is inside your hotel room.

But also: don't leave an ECV unattended in a Resort Hallway (or patio) overnight to charge. You rented it, and you are responsible for it, and just like your luggage - it belongs in your room with you. (don't worry, you should have *plenty* of room at Yacht Club! 🙂 ) If you find that you want more space, you can always visit the Front Desk (or call Housekeeping from your room phone) and ask to have the table & chairs removed for the duration of your stay. Remember that calls from your room to the "Front Desk" at WDW Resorts go to a centralized call center - so if you want to talk to someone at the Resort you are staying at, a quick trip to the Front Desk is your best bet.

Leaving your ECV rental outside, unattended, (even on a patio) means that any of the following is possible:
- It can be stolen/moved (yes, even if you take the key); I have seen more things wind up in the bottom of hotel pools over the years than I care to remember, including personal mobility devices.
- It can be tampered with; this could mean you are responsible for not only the damage to the unit, but also will lose precious vacation time resolving an issue that could have been prevented if the unit was in your room to begin with.
- Someone could come along and unplug the device, so it doesn't charge overnight. You will spend the next day looking for outlets all day long (and they are not easy to find in the Parks!) instead of enjoying yourself!
- Someone could do any of the following: vomit on the unit, relieve themselves on the unit, allow their animal to relieve itself on the unit, pour food and/or beverages on the unit, etc...

It's just not worth it. None of us *want* to have to keep a mobility device in the confines of our hotel room, but you will have plenty of space at Yacht Club - there is a member here on the DISboards who famously got *4* mobility devices into a room at POP every night, and still had room for everyone to move around! (Plus, I'm not sure that every patio has electrical outlets...? I know that some of the patios we have had a other Deluxe Resorts have NOT had outdoor outlets)

Regarding rain: Some vendors will have a clear "shower cap" to put over the controls; others include a poncho. Obviously, we try to keep our scooters (and especially the exposed electronic controls) as dry as possible, but it's Florida, and you will most likely get caught in a shower at some point. Don't panic - use what the vendor supplies, and you can always wear a standard Parks poncho, put the back of the poncho OVER the seat back (so it hangs down behind the scooter) and put the FRONT of the poncho OVER the front of the scooter to cover the controls, and go on! Some vendors now have "weatherproof" or "rainproof" ECVs, however I would still carry a poncho just to cover the seat - you don't want to sit on a wet seat all day! 🤣

Be sure to let us know if you have any more questions about ECVs at WDW!

Last edited:
First of all - and I can't stress this enough - charge the battery overnight, every night. A rental ECV should be able to go all day at WDW if it is properly and fully charged overnight. And the place to charge it is inside your hotel room.

But also: don't leave an ECV unattended in a Resort Hallway (or patio) overnight to charge. You rented it, and you are responsible for it, and just like your luggage - it belongs in your room with you. (don't worry, you should have *plenty* of room at Yacht Club! 🙂 ) If you find that you want more space, you can always visit the Front Desk (or call Housekeeping from your room phone) and ask to have the table & chairs removed for the duration of your stay. Remember that calls from your room to the "Front Desk" at WDW Resorts go to a centralized call center - so if you want to talk to someone at the Resort you are staying at, a quick trip to the Front Desk is your best bet.

Leaving your ECV rental outside, unattended, (even on a patio) means that any of the following is possible:
- It can be stolen/moved (yes, even if you take the key); I have seen more things wind up in the bottom of hotel pools over the years than I care to remember, including personal mobility devices.
- It can be tampered with; this could mean you are responsible for not only the damage to the unit, but also will lose precious vacation time resolving an issue that could have been prevented if the unit was in your room to begin with.
- Someone could come along and unplug the device, so it doesn't charge overnight. You will spend the next day looking for outlets all day long (and they are not easy to find in the Parks!) instead of enjoying yourself!
- Someone could do any of the following: vomit on the unit, relieve themselves on the unit, allow their animal to relieve itself on the unit, pour food and/or beverages on the unit, etc...

It's just not worth it. None of us *want* to have to keep a mobility device in the confines of our hotel room, but you will have plenty of space at Yacht Club - there is a member here on the DISboards who famously got *4* mobility devices into a room at POP every night, and still had room for everyone to move around! (Plus, I'm not sure that every patio has electrical outlets...? I know that some of the patios we have had a other Deluxe Resorts have NOT had outdoor outlets)

Regarding rain: Some vendors will have a clear "shower cap" to put over the controls; others include a poncho. Obviously, we try to keep our scooters (and especially the exposed electronic controls) as dry as possible, but it's Florida, and you will most likely get caught in a shower at some point. Don't panic - use what the vendor supplies, and you can always wear a standard Parks poncho, put the back of the poncho OVER the seat back (so it hangs down behind the scooter) and put the FRONT of the poncho OVER the front of the scooter to cover the controls, and go on! Some vendors now have "weatherproof" or "rainproof" ECVs, however I would still carry a poncho just to cover the seat - you don't want to sit on a wet seat all day! 🤣

Be sure to let us know if you have any more questions about ECVs at WDW!
Thanks! These are all good points! I appreciate all the input from everyone!

I'm replying to my original question about two scooters in our yacht club room. I wrote to the Moms' Panel, and here is their reply. It's an option I didn't know about, and thought maybe others could also benefit from.

"I believe keeping both rental scooters inside the room will be uncomfortable and I am afraid plug-ins are not available in the balconies. However, let me tell you something you will like even better, Bell Services will charge your scooters for you overnight in a safe storage area. I would not advise you to leave them charging in the hallways since they would be sitting in an area that is open to the public. I would feel much more comfortable knowing that Bell Services are taking care of them for me and my friend.

I hope this answer helps. I know you and your friend will have a blast together and the memories you will make will be treasured in your hearts for years to come!

We hope to see you again soon!

~Desiree"

I'm replying to my original question about two scooters in our yacht club room. I wrote to the Moms' Panel, and here is their reply. It's an option I didn't know about, and thought maybe others could also benefit from.

"I believe keeping both rental scooters inside the room will be uncomfortable and I am afraid plug-ins are not available in the balconies. However, let me tell you something you will like even better, Bell Services will charge your scooters for you overnight in a safe storage area. I would not advise you to leave them charging in the hallways since they would be sitting in an area that is open to the public. I would feel much more comfortable knowing that Bell Services are taking care of them for me and my friend.

I hope this answer helps. I know you and your friend will have a blast together and the memories you will make will be treasured in your hearts for years to come!

We hope to see you again soon!

~Desiree"
Hmm, I wonder if that information is accurate, especially in light of the new policy regarding bell services not holding ECVs from outside vendors. And then you’d have to traverse from bell services to your room without the ECVs. I wouldn’t be able do that.

I’d think both should fit, even if it means moving a bit of furniture.

Hmm, I wonder if that information is accurate, especially in light of the new policy regarding bell services not holding ECVs from outside vendors. And then you’d have to traverse from bell services to your room without the ECVs. I wouldn’t be able do that.

Good point about the featured vendor scooters vs other vendors. we will try to get both of them in the room, and if it doesn't work, we'll ask advice from the front desk.

Thanks!

Yes - this exactly. Bell Services is so swamped these days, between the large number of ECV & stroller deliveries, plus all of the grocery & Amazon deliveries... I would be *very* surprised if they let you just drop those scooters off to be charged, and waltz away LOL

Sadly, the Mom's Panel does not always give out accurate information, especially when it is related to a lot of the topics we cover in this Forum. ☹

Don't worry till you get there, and see how they fit! I don't know what models/how big your rentals will be, but unless you have rented ginormous monster scooters, I agree with @CJN that you may not have to move anything at all! 🙂

My mother in law and I fit two large Pride Victory 10s in a standard room at POFQ. So not even the accessible rooms with more squared area by the door. We moved the table and chairs up by the bed near the door and parked the scooters where the table was. We had plenty of room.

So while I’m not sure of the YC layout, I can’t imagine you’d have too much trouble since the rooms are significantly bigger.

I also wouldn’t rely on the mom’s panel reply as Disney is no longer willing to accept responsibility for tons of scooters in their luggage rooms as evidenced by their change of policy. And even when they do accept them for delivery, they don’t charge them.

8BBC0147-92EB-42A7-9E90-DF8F01682155.jpeg

I understand that now that renovations have been done to Pop Century and Movies, the very nice "1 king bed, 1 double bed" rooms are no longer available. Renovations have not begun at Sports, but I can't find any availability for next December!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts