Wheelchair/Handicapped Accessible Room Locations and Measurements

Pop Century Resort Room #0203 Roll-in shower Measurements

20190501 Pop Century Resort's "Big Wheel", Building #10, Room #0203

Page Three

Fridge:

1'-6" h x 1'-4" w x 9" d-Interior Fridge space. No door storage [18" h x 16" w x 9" d]

The refrigerator is in its own cabinet between the TV/Dresser and closet.

The Fridge has a see-through door with no door storage. It has two plastic, adjustable and removable shelves. No freezer section.

Fridge Cabinet:

2'-4" L x 1'-10.2" d-Fridge cabinet counter top dimensions [28" L x 22-1/4" d]
2'-4.7"-Height Fridge cabinet counter top [28-3/4"]
1'-0.2" h x 2' w x 10" d-Top shelf space [12-1/4" h x 24" w x 10" d]
1'-2.5" h x 24" w x 5-3/4" d-Second shelf space [14-1/2" h x 24" w x 5-3/4" d]

This cabinet has a light switch for the cabinet and a regular electrical outlet.

If you look to the right of the photo, you might be able to see the electrical outlet with two ports and two USB ports. There are five of these in the room. One above each of the three bedside tables. Two above the TV/Dresser countertop.

Above the drawer is a countertop with the simple coffee machine with electrical outlets.

1'-0.2" h x 2' w x 10" d-Top shelf space [12-1/4" h x 24" w x 10" d]

The top shelf is deeper than the one below it.

1'-2.5" h x 24" w x 5-3/4" d-Second shelf space [14-1/2" h x 24" w x 5-3/4" d]

The second shelf is much shorter in depth. They supplied two plastic drinking cups and two coffee cups. The ice bucket was on the shelves, too, along with the in-house delivery menu.

The drawer above the Fridge contains regular and decaf coffee and Green and Earl Grey tea bags; creamer, sugar, stirrers and coffee top covers.

This is the closet with the lower coat hanger bar, hairdryer, and iron. The ironing board is on the other side of the bathroom wall hanging from the wall.

1'-7.2"-Interior clothes closet width [19-1/4"]

1'-4"-Exterior clothes closet width because of wood framing [16"]

This is the sliding wooden door to the bathroom. It does narrow the walkway between the bed and the bathroom wall and when opened all of the way, and doesn't open the entire width of the door frame. It also has a lock.

This is the doorway entrance from the bedroom to the bathroom

4'-3/4" w x 6'-5" h-Bathroom door frame dimensions [48-3/4" w x 78" h]

The above measurement is the doorway metal frame and is much larger than the actual entrance.

2'-8"-Bathroom entrance limited by door open all of the way dimensions [32"]

This is the actual width of the entrance to the bathroom because of the sliding wooden door taking up so much space.

I guess if they had wanted to they could have planned the door slide longer so the wooden sliding door opened all of the way to 48-3/4" w instead of 32".

The wall across from the toilet and on the other side of the bedroom closet with the ironing board on a hook. The iron and hairdryer are in the closet.

2'-3/4" Wall in front of the toilet with ironing board [24-3/4"]

Last edited:

Page Four

The wall beside the toilet with grab bar rail and the distance from the front of the toilet seat to the opposite wall.

5'-5.4" Wall next to toilet [65-1/2"]

2'-11.5" Hand Rail height beside and behind the toilet [35-1/2"]

2'-10.2"-Space from the toilet seat to facing ironing board wall [34-1/4"]

The toilet seat height and the toilet seat width.

1'-6" Toilet seat height [18"]
1'-2.2"- toilet seat width [14-1/4"]
2'-7.2"- toilet seat depth [31-1/4"]

The space between the toilet seat and the wall.

10-1/4"-Space from the toilet seat to the side wall

The space between the toilet seat and the sink counter.

2'-11.5"-Space from the toilet to sink counter [35-1/2"]

The three shelves between the sink counter and the toilet heights holding extra wash clothes, extra hand towels, and extra toilet paper, tissues.

2'-9" h & 3'-10" h & 4'-11" h-Height to 1st, 2nd & 3rd shelves [33" & 46" & 59"]

The sink counter with a tissue holder, hand soap and soap dish, and lighted side mirror and electrical outlet.

3'-4.7" W x 2' D-Sink counter dimensions [40-3/4" W x 24" D]

The sink countertop height from the floor and the space underneath the sink countertop for the wheelchair.

2'-9" Sink counter top height [33"]

2'-3.5" Sink wheelchair space height [27-1/2"]

The space between the sink counter top to the opposite wall.

3'-4"-Space from sink counter to the wall with towel rod [40"]

The height of the two towel racks.

3' h & 3'-9.7" h-Height to 1st & 2nd towel rod [36" h & 45-3/4" h]

3'-0.2" w x 6'-6" h -Shower entrance frame dimensions [36-1/4" w x 75-1/4" h]

The roll-in shower entrance has a soft, hollow, rubber, water barrier separating the bathroom. It is easy and soft to roll over or step on.

This is a photo standing in the roll-in shower doorway.

The facing wall is 5'-0.9" L or 61" L.

The left and right walls are 3'-2.2" w or 38-1/4" w

2'-11.5" Hand Rail height [35-1/2"]

Last edited:

Page Four

The handheld shower has an adjust head spray and the pole that it rests on is also adjustable in height for standing or sitting in a wheelchair.

4'-1"-Lower Height of shower head for shower tower bar [49"]

6'-0.9"-Higher Height of shower head or shower tower bar [73"]

The three complimentary pump bottles on the roll-in shower room.

Disney Resorts H20+ Beauty Sea Salt Body Wash.

Disney Resorts H20+ Beauty Sea Marine Revitalizing Shampoo.

Disney Resorts H20+ Beauty Sea Marine Revitalizing Conditioner.

~2'-Space between opposite wall and Shower Open Seat [24"]

2'-8.5"-Space between opposite wall and Shower Closed Seat [32-1/2"]

This is a photo of the controversial roll-in shower seat. It has a strong metal frame and a soft, giving, nylon mesh seat area. I was hesitant to sit on it at first, but it held my 300-pounds. It did give in the middle because of the nylon mesh like a patio seat. I can surmise that wheelchair-bound guest would prefer a harder surface. I don't know if placing a board on top would help.

~1'-7" L x ~1'-2" w-Shower Seat dimensions to wall and end to end [19" L x 14" w]

1'-5.2"-Shower Seat Height [17-1/4"]

2-1/2"-Space on either side of the seat to the wall and to the entrance.

Small Bedside Table dimensions:

1'-3.5" w x 1'-2" d-Bedside Table top dimensions by bathroom [15-1/2" w x 14" d]

2' h-(from floor) Bedside Tabletop [24" h]

11-1/4"w x 10-3/4" h x 9" d-Bedside Table interior shelf dimensions

9" h-Bedside Table shelf space underneath to floor

Lower platform beds than the standard room platform beds.

~1'-8.1" h Queen bed mattress height to the floor [~20-1/4"]

9" h Queen bed platform height to floor

6" h Underneath space of Queen bed platform height to floor

Just speaking for myself, These lower platform beds are just the right height for me. I still have to be careful when waking up and getting out of the bed because of the hardwood type floor. Especially if I had sprayed my legs or feet with sunscreen spray earlier in the day. Sometimes the sunscreen spray hits the floor and becomes slippery.

I am told that there is room for a lift to fit under the 6" space of the platform beds.

I don't remember the height under the standard platform beds, but luggage is supposed to fit under them.

Large Bedside Table is the largest of the three bedside tables

2'-4.7" w x 4.6" d-Center Bedside Table top dimensions [28-3/4" w x 14" d]

2' h-(from floor) Bedside Table top [24" h]

If you look above the light switches above the bedside table, you might be able to see the electrical outlet with two ports and two USB ports. There are five of these in the room. One above each of the three bedside tables. Two above the TV/Dresser countertop.

2'-1.6" w x 11" h x 9" d-Bedside Table interior shelf dimensions [25-3/4"w x 11"h x 9"d]

9" h-Bedside Table shelf space underneath to floor.

I like the larger center bedside table. I have plenty of room to place my C.P.A.P. machine, hose, and mask. And I hook up my surge protector with three electrical outlets and two USB ports. I can plug my C.P.A.P. machine, my laptop computer, and my phone charger to it.

As a solo traveler, I like using the table on the closed Murphy bed to place my laptop computer and other things while watching TV.

Last edited:

Page Five

This is the unique folding Murphy Bed with a built-in Table when the bed is closed. This isn't my photo, but I thought that it was interesting to see the Murphy Bed in between stages of opening or closing.

Closed Murphy Bed

7'-3" w x 7'-1.5" h x 19-1/2" d-Closed Murphy bed case. [87" w X 85-1/2" h X 19-1/2" d]

3'-3" L x 3'-0.2" w Table dimensions of closed Murphy bed. [38-1/4 lLx 36-3/8 w]

2'-5.6" h Table height of closed Murphy bed. [29-3/4" h]

4'-5.4" Distance from Murphy bed table to front wall and window. [53-1/2"]

4'-5.4" Distance from Murphy bed table to front wall and window. [53-1/2"]

If traveling solo, plenty of room to put a wheelchair or mobility scooter or luggage.

This is a photo starting from the window side to the bedside wall.

2'-1.8"-HVAC Column width from the window [25-7/8"]

1'-2.7"-Space from HVAC Column Wall to closed Murphy bed case [14-3/4"]

Small bedside table between window and Murphy bed"
11-1/2" w x 1'-2" d-Bedside Table top dimensions closest to window [11-1/2"w x 14"d]

2' h-(from floor) Bedside Tabletop [24" h]

7-1/2" w x 11" h x 9" d-Bedside Table interior shelf dimensions

9" h-Bedside Table shelf space underneath to floor

Photo of the front door and window wall from inside the room. You can see the door is not recessed like the standard room that has an alcove creating a slanted entrance in the corner.

4.12"-Space from wall corner to the inside door frame.

2'-7.6"-inside the door frame to inside window frame [31-3/4"]

4'-10.4" h x 3-1.4" w-outside Window Glass [58-1/2" h x 37-1/2" w]

This is the view looking out the front door of room #0203. I love this view whether leaving the room or looking out the window.

JDM1itXNnhWuPKiACU9mYFy_rb4pVEOJ7UqYWorjvl9nA3-rELMSSpzRDo4uYs3nhKUFEWyRBsYcJNI2ZqAeaMxUfwv0E-hTnsKuwsZxKfvgIk_-whLINdBk5A9Muo_1OOXRBtiGWXWAXxzVg31JyeEP_0orvol1UvTmN_DrQX9cK0tg648Xg4PQYAkMijdRI7qJw2TtfeuXikCiAuMCBPGMCpZ-hETRDKuxsjifaCUCL33L3twfngHC8XQSIjpe_d3Km-Drrc7UJWw5x9YrLyoMZbVyNOzk9tC02MoKLnO5puk32AqVq1HGc3xbDSKcC9GtfPL_KZZrF3oQgqAKZkiuYWAw1tmlHB3Ukrknw5V-ynD-rj4xkxOZEIOz_xcsikeVNLIYovEcLxcR-NA3jVmf68i_KjqAQWAPbaOxViFcSdyuZyrHJkEMIUHNaM1Y3jqfIqnF6wKpltYMZ-nt-Dw1L0dmRLDVDvAIkH50JHFNrrvcQ9RmdV-9_dFnpEShzcr-as4Akw1t7OtuX-cMQj1z1QpVj9UANZMzn7d2E6x1bbyzWBx8zzbaqCQ7NYZov0-vMt3p5TdMXQduyxXRGbtZrT3GowcRBbkl4OOxRv2P8Co2hW8HJ_RgNgdJwHantyWTevJQujA3EbaeLAcmerAB9LYHyZEcKbzBH_xTeb1ui1xLYLPXTccyF71wePqhYyxDQZpHAtzqBnrptWNcAzG-=w173-h259-no

I had a great vacation. My best friend, Mark, came down to celebrate his grandson's fifth Happy Birthday at MK and Hoop-Dee-Doo Review. His daughter, Emily, came up from New Smyrna Beach for one night at the Disney Caribbean Beach Resort and Mark stayed with me for two nights. I knew his daughter as a baby. She worked with me as a nurse in AICU at Northside Hospital. She is now a Nurse Practitioner. Matt is her husband and Luke, Jack and Noah are her sons. Wonderful family.

And a great several days with a group of Tagrel friends. A few also DISer's, too. Here we had dinner at Disney's Wilderness Lodge Story Book Dining at Artist Point Restaurant. We all had a wonderful time as always.

Last edited:
WOW Ray! That's *super* comprehensive! We need to send you out to every Resort hotel to report back! :)

I see you found Skitch - do you like using it? :)

I owe thanks to you for that. It took me a long time to figure out to find one that would work with my Window 7, but I finally did. I just can't use the Evernote that is paired with it because it wants me to update my Skitch. But when I do that, I can't use Skitch.

I wanted to do some of the rooms that you were interested in, but there was no availability during my last stay.

I will be staying at Pop again in December and a split stays at BWV roll-in shower.

If anyone has contacts to get me into any of the resort rooms, I would be happy to take photos and measurements.

I'll post BWV when I get back.

Anyone have information the location of ASM preferred room with tub w/ rails? Cant find anything online about our options

Not sure if you want All Star Music or All Star Movies, so...

Touring Plans has their "room finder" that you can try - there is no guarantee that it's 100% up to date - for that, you might want to check in with the respective Resort threads here on the DIS.

Touring Plans Disney's All Star Music Resort

Touring Plans Disney's All Star Movies Resort

Not sure if you want All Star Music or All Star Movies, so...

Touring Plans has their "room finder" that you can try - there is no guarantee that it's 100% up to date - for that, you might want to check in with the respective Resort threads here on the DIS.

Touring Plans Disney's All Star Music Resort

Touring Plans Disney's All Star Movies Resort
Sorry, Movies. I did try the room finder and it's not saying showing any preferred rooms with a tub. I can't seem to find a single thing on them... Even the Disney website doesn't show it as a category but that's what we have somehow. So weird.

Hi, PrincessNelly. I was curious about your question, so I went to TouringPlans and I did not highlight "preferred" and I just highlighted "tub with rails". I saw that these rooms were only in building #3-<Mighty Ducks building. I didn't see any other buildings at ASM with this designations.

I take all of this with a grain of salt and I don't know either.

I think that TouringPlan users haven't posted much info about this particular type of room because it only shows one-room #3959. I can't believe that is correct since there has to be more of the "tub with rails" rooms.

I had to make an ASM reservation for one night for my split stay night on December 8, 2019, since I couldn't get a Pop Century Resort room that night.

So I had to look for "Roll-in Shower" room which I found, but I am still hoping for a Pop Century Resort with "Roll-in Shower" room.

I hope you find your room and I hope you enjoy your vacation.

Anyone have information the location of ASM preferred room with tub w/ rails? Can't find anything online about our options

Sorry, Movies. I did try the room finder and it's not saying showing any preferred rooms with a tub. I can't seem to find a single thing on them... Even the Disney website doesn't show it as a category but that's what we have somehow. So weird.

Hi, PrincessNelly. I was curious about your question, so I went to TouringPlans and I did not highlight "preferred" and I just highlighted "tub with rails". I saw that these rooms were only in building #3-<Mighty Ducks building. I didn't see any other buildings at ASM with this designations.

I take all of this with a grain of salt and I don't know either.

I think that TouringPlan users haven't posted much info about this particular type of room because it only shows one-room #3959. I can't believe that is correct since there has to be more of the "tub with rails" rooms.

I had to make an ASM reservation for one night for my split stay night on December 8, 2019, since I couldn't get a Pop Century Resort room that night.

So I had to look for "Roll-in Shower" room which I found, but I am still hoping for a Pop Century Resort with "Roll-in Shower" room.

I hope you find your room and I hope you enjoy your vacation.
Yeah, I saw that and mighty ducks is consider a standard view area I'll definitely report back and see where we get put!

ASMovies is currently undergoing a refurb. I don’t know if any rooms changed type in that process. POP had a similar refurb last year and I believe the number and type of HA rooms may have changed (more wheelchair-accessible rooms added, not sure of others). I have also heard rumor that the “Florida-accessible” rooms may be phased out, possibly replaced by wheelchair-accessible.

So my point being — i’m not sure there is complete accurate info available about HA room-types and locations at ASMovies right now. If you feel a need to do a request, I recommend making it more general rather than specific building/location.

Enjoy your vacation!

Hi there,

We arrived for the first part of our trip last night. Currently at CSR, will share our room # and handicap type later.

But just curious, we've been unable to locate a single automatic door on the lower level of the new tower. Has anyone else been able to find one?

Even the front desk wasn't sure.

Hi, PrincessNelly. I have never stayed at CSR Tower. Are you talking about the resort area in general or your room? If you're talking about public doors, then that is unusual for a tower resort not to have either automatic doors or handicap button door openers. I don't know about the resort room itself.

I hope that you have a wonderful vacation.

Hi there,

We arrived for the first part of our trip last night. Currently at CSR, will share our room # and handicap type later.

But just curious, we've been unable to locate a single automatic door on the lower level of the new tower. Has anyone else been able to find one?

Even the front desk wasn't sure.

Hi, PrincessNelly. I have never stayed at CSR Tower. Are you talking about the resort area in general or your room? If you're talking about public doors, then that is unusual for a tower resort not to have either automatic doors or handicap button door openers. I don't know about the resort room itself.

I hope that you have a wonderful vacation.

The public doors leading out of the tower towards the main pool and rest of the resort. I did talk to the front desk and the confirmed the lower level of the tower does not have automatic doors. I did send a message to guest services so hopefully they will install some soon.

The public doors leading out of the tower towards the main pool and rest of the resort. I did talk to the front desk and the confirmed the lower level of the tower does not have automatic doors. I did send a message to guest services so hopefully they will install some soon.

Wow! What? Are there no doors *at all* with the button-activated auto mechanism on the inside and outside?

How is this even possible?

Wow! What? Are there no doors *at all* with the button-activated auto mechanism on the inside and outside?

View attachment 423902

I talk to guest services who said that it likely they will be installed at a later time. The front door to the tower opens automatically but when you need to exit towards the rest of the resort, the only automatic doors are located in El Centro.

There is still quite a bit of construction happening so hopefully it's true that they will be installing them.

Would appreciate hearing if anyone has stayed at Gran Destino Tower at CSR in a roll-in shower room. Specifically need info on the built-in bench in the shower: Is it a solid seat, or the dreaded "mesh sling" like we have seen installed at POP.

(note to Mods: I am going to cross-post this to the Resorts/CBR thread as well)

View attachment 423902

It was baffling when the DVC villas at the Grand Californian were built because the main access from the lobby to the DVC tower did not have accessible doors. You either had to push or if you were lucky someone would open it for you (the concierge desk was next to it so often they would help). It took them awhile to rectify this too. Disney really needs to have a disabled person go around and try to use their projects some time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!