When A Tourist Becomes A Local! A Full Year (2019) TR! *CANCELED!*

All caught up! I think I only have about 25 more TRs before I'm fully caught up though! I decided not to comment on your trip with your Dad since it was a while ago but I do have some comments for the time after that.

We would arrive in Georgia, and it wouldn’t be long before we were in Atlanta.

Well hello there! Your drive took you about 20 minutes from my house north of Atlanta.

It would take us 5+ hours to drive through Georgia. I never thought Georgia was that big, but it was definitely a long journey to get though that state.

And after Macon, there's absolutely nothing of interest to see till you get to Florida! I did that drive once in 2011 and since then I've always flown.

After traveling back in time, it was close to the first showtime for Finding Nemo the Musical. So, we decided to relax and enjoy a show.

I really like this musical and would probably see it more often if they would change out the seating. Those wooden benches are brutal to sit on for long periods of time!

I would adventure on Expedition Everest by going through the single rider line.

Man, I love this coaster but it's starting to get to the point where my body and stomach can't handle it more than once a trip.

It was time to encounter my favorite show on Disney Property. That is the Festival of the Lion King!

Totally agree with you on this one! Lion King is my favorite movie and I love how unique the show is.

Disney After Hours event

Someday I will get to do one of these! I almost signed up for the one in May but I was already doing the Star Wars dessert party with Jackie, Lesley and Caroline and didn't want to cancel that.

I'm used tot he Disneyland version of Buzz. I haven't gotten accustomed to not being able to hold the gun like you can at Disneyland. It's a lot easier for me to aim when I am able to hold the gun.

I'm the complete opposite. The one time I rode the Disneyland version back in 2017 I did awful. :rotfl:Being able to pick up the gun totally threw off my game. I do need to get out to DL again, once was just not enough.

I would tell my friend that “Beverly is the best drink on Walt Disney World property.”

Evil! :rotfl2:But I would totally do the same thing. And what did he think of it?

I am very competitive on this attraction.
I would take the victory, as well as, best in vehicle.

I'm pretty competitive on this one too but I've never broken the 200,000 mark. I'm super jealous of your scores.

I was really excited to try breakfast at Boma since I absolutely loved having dinner here a few months back.

I've wanted to try breakfast here for a while just for the Simba waffles. But it's kind of out of the way to get there since I usually stay at value resorts. I'm not sure I could do dinner, I'm super picky and I really don't think I would eat much.

I like to call it the jungle juice (not sure if that is what it is really called). I believe it is a mixture of Orange, Mango, and another kind of fruit juice

I didn't see if anyone answered this one but it's actually called POG Juice which stands for Passion Fruit, Orange and Guava which are the three juices they combine. I know I've had it at O'hana breakfast too.

Dear Evan Hansen is a musical that has one incredible story.

Like Jackie, this was totally off my radar but I see that it's coming to Atlanta next April. I may be in Disney around that time but if I'm not I'll have to go check it out.

When this festival is going on, I truly believe this is when EPCOT looks the best.

I do love Flower and Garden but Christmas is also pretty nice too! I definitely did not get enough time to spend at the Festival this year. We just had too much scheduled for the week.

You can get 2 Annual Passholder magnets at the Festival. Right now, they are only giving out the Daisy magnet though.

I was lucky enough to snag both Pluto and Daisy when I was there!

Is this Rafiki and…Simba, Simba’s kid at the end of the movie, and Nala OR Mufasa, baby Simba, and Serabi?

I definitely say Simba and Nala with baby Kiara. I say that because Pumba and Timon are there right across the way and I don't think they would have been at Simba's introduction.

I hope you enjoyed a look at the topiaries that you can find at this years festival!

Yes I very much did! Like I said above, I didn't get as much time at Epcot as I would have liked and didn't get to see all of the topiaries.

I have a question for all of you, and I am interested to know what all of you think. Is this Rafiki and…Simba, Simba’s kid at the end of the movie, and Nala OR Mufasa, baby Simba, and Serabi? Let me know what you think below. :D
Ooh, good question!! I had been thinking it was baby Simba, BUT upon looking more closely, I think the male lion looks too small to be Mufasa, so I'm not voting it's Kiara, Simba and Nala instead :)

Do you know the actual answer, or was this just for fun?? Now, I want to know! :)

All caught up! I think I only have about 25 more TRs before I'm fully caught up though! I decided not to comment on your trip with your Dad since it was a while ago but I do have some comments for the time after that.

Well hello there! Your drive took you about 20 minutes from my house north of Atlanta.

And after Macon, there's absolutely nothing of interest to see till you get to Florida! I did that drive once in 2011 and since then I've always flown.

I really like this musical and would probably see it more often if they would change out the seating. Those wooden benches are brutal to sit on for long periods of time!

Man, I love this coaster but it's starting to get to the point where my body and stomach can't handle it more than once a trip.

Totally agree with you on this one! Lion King is my favorite movie and I love how unique the show is.

Someday I will get to do one of these! I almost signed up for the one in May but I was already doing the Star Wars dessert party with Jackie, Lesley and Caroline and didn't want to cancel that.

I'm the complete opposite. The one time I rode the Disneyland version back in 2017 I did awful. :rotfl:Being able to pick up the gun totally threw off my game. I do need to get out to DL again, once was just not enough.

Evil! :rotfl2:But I would totally do the same thing. And what did he think of it?

I'm pretty competitive on this one too but I've never broken the 200,000 mark. I'm super jealous of your scores.

I've wanted to try breakfast here for a while just for the Simba waffles. But it's kind of out of the way to get there since I usually stay at value resorts. I'm not sure I could do dinner, I'm super picky and I really don't think I would eat much.

I didn't see if anyone answered this one but it's actually called POG Juice which stands for Passion Fruit, Orange and Guava which are the three juices they combine. I know I've had it at O'hana breakfast too.

Like Jackie, this was totally off my radar but I see that it's coming to Atlanta next April. I may be in Disney around that time but if I'm not I'll have to go check it out.

I do love Flower and Garden but Christmas is also pretty nice too! I definitely did not get enough time to spend at the Festival this year. We just had too much scheduled for the week.

I was lucky enough to snag both Pluto and Daisy when I was there!

I definitely say Simba and Nala with baby Kiara. I say that because Pumba and Timon are there right across the way and I don't think they would have been at Simba's introduction.

Yes I very much did! Like I said above, I didn't get as much time at Epcot as I would have liked and didn't get to see all of the topiaries.
- Glad you got caught up!

- That's awesome that I was so close to you! You're right though. After Atlanta, it wasn't the greatest drive lol. That's when the thought of just wanting to be here started to enter my mind.

- I enjoy Finding Nemo. I don't find myself going in there as much as I probably should. I'm a Festival of the Lion King type of person.

- Disney After Hours is so much fun! I highly recommend if you want to knock out a bunch of Disney attractions in 3 hours.

- I did apologize to my friend for making him drink it. However, I did drink the drink at the same time as him. Obviously I knew what was coming though.

- I got my new highest score on Toy Story Mania yesterday. I jumped my average from 220,000 and ended up with 283,500!!! I was so excited!!!

- My mind is being blown based on the juice. I might be going to some different restaurants just to get it lol!

- Go see Dear Evan Hansen!!!

- Timon and Pumba are out too? How did I miss them!!???!!?!? I like your thinking on the Lion King topiaries though.

Ooh, good question!! I had been thinking it was baby Simba, BUT upon looking more closely, I think the male lion looks too small to be Mufasa, so I'm not voting it's Kiara, Simba and Nala instead :)

Do you know the actual answer, or was this just for fun?? Now, I want to know! :)
I am starting to agree with what everyone else has been saying about the Lion King topiaries. So, good eye! :)

I actually didn't know. i might find the answer in the book, but I figured I would pose a fun question to all of you. :D

No Timon or Pumba. At least not what I could see.

Hmmmm, I think I'm seriously just getting old and got my trips mixed up. :rotfl: I swear I saw them a few weeks ago but I'm probably just remembering seeing them from a previous year. I found this picture from a 2017 trip so they were there at one time.

Sorry to send you on a wild goose chase!

Hmmmm, I think I'm seriously just getting old and got my trips mixed up. :rotfl: I swear I saw them a few weeks ago but I'm probably just remembering seeing them from a previous year. I found this picture from a 2017 trip so they were there at one time.

I do remember those topiaries from other years. I just can’t find them this year.

@AMusicLifeForMe it was nice meeting you last week after The Voices of Liberty performance. Sorry I was a little awkward. Only my 2nd dis meet and I am still no sure what to say . Hope you are adjusting well to life in Orlando .

Grand Floridian Easter Eggs - Part 1!

One of the great things about living in Florida or traveling to Walt Disney World during Easter is that several resorts create chocolate easter eggs and put them on display each year. I was fortunate to travel around to several of the resorts to see their Easter egg collection this year. All of them were absolutely incredible!

Here is a look at the Grand Floridian Easter Egg Collection:

More in my next post!

Last edited:
Yacht Club And Beach Club Easter Eggs!

One of the great things about living in Florida or traveling to Walt Disney World during Easter is that several resorts create chocolate easter eggs and put them on display each year. I was fortunate to travel around to several of the resorts to see their Easter egg collection this year. All of them were absolutely incredible!

Here is a look at the Yacht Club Easter Egg Collection:

Here is a look at the Beach Club Easter Egg Collection:

Everything on these eggs were made of chocolate. Absolutely incredible!

More in my next post!

Boardwalk Easter Eggs!

One of the great things about living in Florida or traveling to Walt Disney World during Easter is that several resorts create chocolate Easter eggs and put them on display each year. I was fortunate to travel around to several of the resorts to see their Easter egg collection this year. All of them were absolutely incredible!

Here is a look at the Boardwalk Easter Egg Collection:

More in my next post!

Contemporary Easter Eggs!

Here is a look at the Contemporary Easter Egg Collection:

Stay tuned for more updates from my time being a Florida resident!

I do remember those topiaries from other years. I just can’t find them this year.
They definitely didn't have them up this year. I looked for them specifically! And thought Zach would be annoyed when they weren't up!

I've never been to Disney when they have the Easter eggs or at least not stayed at a resort that has them on display but omg they are so amazing! I thought the Dodger one or the Fox and the Hound would be my faves then I saw Albert from Mystic Manor and I screamed. I needed a picture with that one.

I've never been to Disney when they have the Easter eggs or at least not stayed at a resort that has them on display but omg they are so amazing! I thought the Dodger one or the Fox and the Hound would be my faves then I saw Albert from Mystic Manor and I screamed. I needed a picture with that one.
I think almost every resort had something! Even the all-stars had displays and apparently you could vote on your favorite!

@AMusicLifeForMe it was nice meeting you last week after The Voices of Liberty performance. Sorry I was a little awkward. Only my 2nd dis meet and I am still no sure what to say . Hope you are adjusting well to life in Orlando .
It was great finally getting to meet you! I hope that you enjoyed your day at DHS after we met! Feel free to say hi anytime if you see me again! :)

They definitely didn't have them up this year. I looked for them specifically! And thought Zach would be annoyed when they weren't up!
I wasn’t mad that they weren’t there lol. I didn’t even think about them until something was mentioned, but they obviously aren’t there this year.

The Easter Eggs are definitely really cool to see, but I wouldn’t plan a trip around them. They were really cool to look at though! I liked the Lion King Egg at the Grand Floridian (for obvious reasons) and I liked the jazz one at the Boardwalk with the saxophones on there. I majored in Music Ed. in college and saxophone was my instrument emphasis.

I think almost every resort had something! Even the all-stars had displays and apparently you could vote on your favorite!
Not all of the resorts had eggs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter