When are you planning to return to DLR?

I technically still have a reservation for Dapper Days in November that I haven't had the heart to cancel yet. I was going to take my 1 year old for her first trip but am now hoping to take her in the spring because if I can't take her in the spring of 2021 I won't be able to take her until Fall of 2022 due to hopefully another pregnancy and not wanting to take a baby much under 1 (or leave them at home) to the parks. If I have to wait until Fall of 2022 I will have a 3 year old and a 1 year old to take on their first trip together so we would probably go right before my daughter turns 3 so I don't have to get her a ticket yet.

I've decided that I will make November 2021 and February 2022 hotel reservations. If I'm not comfortable in November, I'll cancel and go in February. If I'm really slick, maybe I can talk my husband into going for BOTH dates if all is well, lol.

We got very lucky in that we were there at the end of February a few weeks before the shutdown. I feel so badly for everyone whose plans got upended by the pandemic. DLR is special to so many of us.

Our Oct 22 check-in at the Grand Cal has just been cancelled by Disney. FWIW, this is my 2nd Disney-generated cancellation this year. I know others have seen far worse. :(

We currently have DVC reservations at the Grand Cal for Oct, Nov, Dec and Feb. We keep trying ...

In the past we have spent 2-3 days at DLR at the end of January while our son's HS is closed for semester break. This year it's January 25th and 26th. If the parks are open and we feel safe going I will try to go then.

Currently have airfare and hotel booked for 1/27-2/1/20. All fully refundable.

My oldest daughter is a HS senior this year, and might have a theater/choir class trip this late Winter/early Spring; if that happens I'll tag along with baby sister - otherwise I hope to celebrate both my girls birthdays in early July, they'll turn 18 and 1 five days apart.

I hope to have often early July visits with my girls for many years to come.

Late 2021, assuming things will be better by then. As a resident of CA, I am thankful that they haven't opened up and brought more tourists into the state before we get a better handle on our numbers, but I do hope they go down and DL can open before late 2021.

I just wish there was a reopening date already. I would consider going soon if it was open. I even dreamt last night that they quietly reopened without me knowing...I’m tired of planning and canceling.

I just wish there was a reopening date already. I would consider going soon if it was open. I even dreamt last night that they quietly reopened without me knowing...I’m tired of planning and canceling.

I've had a similar dream! Mine is that suddenly I'm at DTD and the parks are surprisingly open.

I've been going month by month for a 'not preplanned' last minute trip. At this point I've given up for 2020 and am figuring early 2021. Not just because I don't think the parks will be open until then, but because Nov/Dec are very busy months for our family. Lots of birthdays plus the holidays makes it impractical.

Still hoping for late next year. I have park hoppers with maxpass, do not look forward to figuring out what they’re going to do about that.

I don't know. My AP expires Nov 5 so I don't think they will reopen before then (I chose to get a refund as opposed to an extension due to being out of state). I was hoping that the world would be in a better place this fall so I could do a trip.

For now I can't see returning before next spring but most likely I will not be heading to the parks before fall of 2021.

We are hoping to go before our littlest turns 3 next summer. We thought for sure they’d be open and we’d feel safe enough to travel by then, but now we’re becoming less optimistic. We are in KC so DW is actually slightly closer but we really love DL more for our family.

We have a reservation at Grand Californian (feels like we won the lottery with that one) for start of March, but Im wondering if we should cancel and plan to go to WDW. I would really rather not do the 8 hour day of plane trips. But, with the government saying COVID needs to be at minimal levels and only those living within 120 miles can go, March is seeming unlikely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter