When are your schools closed for Easter?

Silver

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone

Just wondered when your schools close for Easter. Our holidays seem really strange this time - the children only finish on Wednesday 27 April, (with Good Friday on 29 April), and then have the rest of that week and the following 2 weeks off, back to school on 15 April. Is everyone else like this. They usually have the four days before Good Friday and the four days after Easter Monday.

My girls break up this Friday, have the whole of next week and the week after that off, then go back on Monday, 8 April.

Hi

My girls break up this Friday and are off for 2 weeks and go back the 8th April too.:)

......Good Friday is 29th March :D......... but I know you meant that :)
My sons finish on Friday and return on 16th April.

...Newcastle, Gloucestershire and the London Borogh of Redbridge too!!

Although I have just realised that as DS2 has study leave shortly, technically, he may not go back at all !!

God, on that thought I think that I'll make myself a strong cup of tea!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DS Dan in primary doesn't finish until Maundy Thursday, which is really late, and to make things more complicated DD Sam finishes this Friday. Dan goes back on the Thursday 7th and Sam on the Tuesday 9th.

I don't work now, but how on earth do parents manage when they have children in different schools with such different holidays? It must be hard work! :rolleyes:

London Borough of Bexley are the same as the Newcastle and Glocs. We break up this Friday and go back on the 8th too. But I know my sister in Lincolnshire has her kids breaking up on the Wednesday before Easter for 2 weeks.

I think it's all because of a combination of Easter being early and the May half term being pushed into June because of the Jubilee.

We're the same as Silver - break up on 27th March (and that's only beacuse the 28th is an INSET day), return on Monday 15th April.

you can add Southend Borough schools to the list for breaking up this Friday and return on Monday 8th:)

Ours in South Wales break up Thursday 28th - go back Tues 16 April (Mon is inset day)

Well here in sunny Sussex [not!!] we are the same as Wales and Worcestershire...break up on Thurs 28th and return on Monday 15th.

I also believe we are different for October half term..break up 25th Oct, return 4th Nov

We break up next Wed, and return on April 11th. If you don't go back until the 15th when do you break up for the Summer? I think the constant changes are a nightmare. THis year it is something to do with the extra dayas a bank holiday, but in Kent they are now investigating the possibility of going to a 5 or 6 term year. If they do that we may have less Summer holiday and more holiday in Oct and Feb!!! It sounds awful to me. Carolyn

Rhondda............

THE Valley in South Wales if you're thinking where we're at! :)

Is Thurs 28, day before Good Friday until 15 th April

Exactly the same as when we first visited the Kingdom!!

Busy first weekend............bliss after........!!

I wish I was there............roll on ( a much hotter ) July/ Aug!!!

Edinburgh schools are off for Good Friday and Easter Monday then back to school and then off for two weeks from April 15, back April 22 which is weird as it is given as the start of the summer term

:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter