When do you realistically think ABD will start operating again?

Did Delta tell you why they cancelled the flight?

Sayhello

Unfortunately, they didn’t. They didn’t even email me to let me know it was canceled. I just happened to notice it when I was checking to see if my flights had changed. When I asked the agent why the flight was canceled, they said they didn’t know. When I tried to search for new flights, I couldn’t even search for Bali anymore on there site.

Unfortunately, they didn’t. They didn’t even email me to let me know it was canceled. I just happened to notice it when I was checking to see if my flights had changed. When I asked the agent why the flight was canceled, they said they didn’t know. When I tried to search for new flights, I couldn’t even search for Bali anymore on there site.
Oh, wow. I guess that option's really gone then. Sorry! :(

ETA: I wonder if it has anything to do with Bali's mandatory quarantine policy?

https://www.travelinglifestyle.net/bali-reopening-borders/

Sayhello

Last edited:
Bummer. That must be disappointing. I have to say, anyone with an international flight needs to check regularly that it still exists. I've heard your story many times, and have experienced it myself. We have a family friend that was told at the airport that her flight to Europe was canceled (she hadn't been checking before hand and had assumed they would notify her.). She had to cancel her entire trip as she was unable to meet the tour group in time. International travel right now is extra stressful.

Oh, wow. I guess that option's really gone then. Sorry! :(

ETA: I wonder if it has anything to do with Bali's mandatory quarantine policy?

https://www.travelinglifestyle.net/bali-reopening-borders/

Sayhello

I’m not sure, but I know it doesn’t help. I was hoping it would be gone by June/July. Since I planned to stay about 3.5 weeks, I would have even been ok with a 3 day quarantine at a hotel as long as I could fly direct to DPS to do it. Oh well, Fiji/NZ is my last internatIonal trip this year. I know NZ is supposed to open up in October for international travel, so I’m still holding out hope that my December ABD will go. I should have followed your lead and only booked domestic travel and I wouldn’t be obsessing over when international travel will return.

I had been feeling pangs of regret about canceling Switzerland/Austria/Germany for an Alaska land trip this summer. I pulled the plug last September. Now I am happy with our decision and will tentatively leave the deposits when they price the 2023 Siene river cruise we booked for June next year. It's a little bit bigger of a commitment with Tauck because you can move around land trip deposit money basically at will, but river cruise deposits are non-refundable. At least it is only one country and I can get direct flights from my local airport, so all I can do now is hope that ultimately they lift all of the frustrating testing requirements to return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!