When do you think it will be safe to go to a DVC hotel?

• Now

Votes: 122 55.0%
  • Fall 2020

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Winter 2020

Votes: 10 4.5%
  • Spring 2021

Votes: 29 13.1%
  • Summer 2021

Votes: 19 8.6%
  • Fall 2021

Votes: 15 6.8%
  • Winter 2021

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • Never

Votes: 7 3.2%

• Total voters
I have little concern for health safety at a DVC resort. My issue is getting there. Maybe if Disney took over operations at MCO I could convince SWMBO to make the trip.

Driving would work if I could avoid going to the bathroom for 10 hours. Hmm, Depends.

If you're asking for 100% safety from illnesses, I'd say never. If your asking for reasonable safety with proper precautions, I think Disney, in general, is probably safer than many other places...and very much safer than most of Florida, Texas, Arizona, and California right now...as long as the rules are followed.

Not necessarily... travel needs to be taken into account as well as your lifestyle at home. I'm in California but we're all staying at home for the most part. No school or childcare, no dining out, no working in the office. I only go out a few times a month for things like prenatal appointments or groceries, and masks are required with good compliance from what I’ve seen. Flying across the country to a DVC resort would absolutely increase our risk, especially with little ones who would be touching everything.

Since I'm pregnant I would consider it safer for me to go to Disney again when I'm no longer pregnant. However, at that point I would also have a newborn. For us, I wouldn't consider it safe until later next year depending on the situation at that time. So while we're never 100% safe from illness, we will be much less at risk when I'm not pregnant and when our youngest is not an infant.

It was June 2020, and 10 days from now. Wipe down your room, cover your face, and stay away from other people as much as possible.

I have little concern for health safety at a DVC resort. My issue is getting there. Maybe if Disney took over operations at MCO I could convince SWMBO to make the trip.

Driving would work if I could avoid going to the bathroom for 10 hours. Hmm, Depends.
This is exactly my concern! We cancelled our WDW trip for November but kept our HHI trip for October. I think if we can just make it safely to and from the Disney HHI resort, we will be fine. Of course, there's also a little concern about the need to go to the hospital while on the trip. (Had to rush DH to the hospital in Celebration a couple of years ago.) Not sure I want to go to a hospital in SC with their numbers so high.

Truly safe for those that haven't already had the virus, a few weeks after most people have had the vaccine when it (they) are available. That said, we're going this fall.

I think it’ll depend on when there’s a vaccine widely available, so Spring 2021, assuming the current trials are successful.

I think it’ll depend on when there’s a vaccine widely available, so Spring 2021, assuming the current trials are successful.
Probably not widely available by then, maybe Health care, truly High risk and 65 and older by the first quarter.

I think the resorts are doing a great job for the most part. We have stayed at Riviera, OKW and BLT in the last month and each time was fabulous. The rooms were clean the staff were friendly and the pools were ok. At times the main pools got very crowded, but at OKW the pool in the back of the resort was empty. We had it to ourselves for a few hours. At BLT I did notice a few guests not wearing masks and in one instance I did witness a cast member tell the girl that she needed a face covering when outside of your room. Dining was also good. We at at Toppolinos for breakfast which was out of this world, Olivias which was great and Chef Mickeys for breakfast. I have to say I was never a fan of Chef Mickeys but their new family style was pretty good. Overall I have no issues with staying at the resorts. Now going to the parks was a whole different experience and I will not be going back to them, but I post my experience about them on the appropriate thread.

I went up last weekend from Sunday to Tuesday staying at Pop. The hotel was a bit busy, but everyone I saw was wearing a mask. I went to MK on Sunday, and again everyone I saw was wearing a mask. The MK was also very empty. 0 to 15 minute ride waits except for "The Mountains" and Mine Train and they were about 30 minutes.

I went to Disney Springs Sunday night and everyone was wearing a mask except 2 people who got up from a table not wearing a mask and within 20 feet a cast member approached them and reminded them they needed to wear a mask.

I went to EPCOT on Monday and the front was nearly empty. Spaceship Earth, Soaring and Living with the Land all had no wait. I did not get to the other side. World Showcase was a bit busy but I stayed on the England/Canada side. Everyone had on a mask that I saw.

Do we really trust Florida's self reporting?

It really doesn't matter who we believe. Disney Springs has been open for 2½ months. Some resorts have been open for 5 weeks. The parks have been open for 3+ weeks. Universal was open well before Disney. By now if there was an outbreak in a Central Florida theme park it would be all over the news and it hasn't been.

remember that astronaut that wore a diaper from Texas to Florida so she didn’t have to stop? She drove 900 miles to confront a women that was with her boyfriend. Wore the diaper so she didn’t have to stop. I’m guessing her astronaut days are over.

Last edited:
I'll be at CCV next week and though I feel (for me) the risk is low, it is definitely chancier than simply staying at home. I don't believe for a moment that Disney can simply pixie dust the virus away and make me completely safe, but the odds are pretty small that I'm likely to be exposed to anything.

P.S. If I turn out to be wrong about this, I'll be happy to provide an update!

By now if there was an outbreak in a Central Florida theme park it would be all over the new
Agree. "News" organizations love to include "Disney" in their click-bait headlines.

It was when we were there for the MK AP Preview and opening day. I'll be there again in Oct. WDW is doing a fantastic job of providing the safest environment they can. Does everyone comply? Nope. But it is not complete anarchy either. Ultimately it still comes down to personal responsibility in the decision to go.

Disney is doing a great job cleaning and monitoring guests. Lots of CMs simply watching guests making sure everyone abides by the rules.
offsite is hit and miss. Some restaurants are very lax..some are very clean. No establishment I’ve seen is better than Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter