When do you think the border will reopen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen a lot of finger pointing at the younger crowd being 'reckless' and 'partying'. Yes, there have been parties, but it's not just them who are speeding the rise in rates. I can't find the article now (apple news is terrible at finding what you've already read), but last week I saw one that basically pointed the finger at CERB running out. It basically said that due to CERB running out, more and more people were going back to work and that was resulting in more and more interactions, especially amoung the younger generations that are more likely to work in industries like retail, food service, etc... and don't have the luxeries of being able to work from home like many established professionals.

The parties are just the icing on the cake, but the numbers were going to go up regardless.

A minute ago, CNN had a story about COVID in Canada, where the blame for the increase in new cases is placed squarely on the shoulders of "young people". The reporter said that PM Trudeau is going to make a nationwide address tonight, where he is going to encourage all Canadians, but especially the young, to be more careful.

I find it ironic that shortness of breath is a continuous factor in all major cases, yet when I tried to get tested three times in five days with this symptom back at the beginning of April, I was told over the phone I was negative and didn't need a test. I'm still ticked off about that.

I find it ironic that shortness of breath is a continuous factor in all major cases, yet when I tried to get tested three times in five days with this symptom back at the beginning of April, I was told over the phone I was negative and didn't need a test. I'm still ticked off about that.
Are you in NS? Here (BC) we have drive thru testing, you don’t have to go thru the 811 number. It sucks but maybe you have to lie about a symptom to get a test. I’m surprised shortness of breath isn’t enough to get a test.

I had the same problem back in April. No test. The paramedics even told me the hospital wouldn't test me. Luckily for me, that was my only "symptom" and it eventually (3 months) went away, not got worse.

I had the same problem back in April. No test. The paramedics even told me the hospital wouldn't test me. Luckily for me, that was my only "symptom" and it eventually (3 months) went away, not got worse.

I also had the major fatigue and headaches. Mine lasted around four weeks. It was horrible. I almost called an ambulance just so I could get checked out by someone so I knew I was okay!

After what is going on here in Ontario and how Florida is acting to this by dropping all restrictions I can't see the border opening for a long while. Our cases have hit 400 and are closing bars and restaurants by 11. Florida has 5 times the cases and letting all businesses run at 100%
Agreed. I finally cancelled our January trip (booked in early March 2020, ha!) today. I had been meaning to for a while, but reading that Florida is removing both restrictions on restaurants and penalties for not wearing masks was the prompt to finally press the "cancel" button.

Anyone remember that Friends episode where Ross and Rachel break up and the other four are in the bedroom overhearing the whole thing?
Chandler says at one point "wax the door shut, we're never leaving ever." That's what I think of now that Florida has opened EVERYTHING. Ugh. Gross.

I don’t know how I feel about anything anymore. Our numbers are climbing but we have 9 cases. We are still Careful my littles aren’t in school but go to soccer and littlest resumes hockey next week .
I just wonder if this is our new normal, and if we have to live with it, in no way have I given up yet but I’m def getting tired of it all.
My ex crossed the border last Thursday to quarantine to see the boys . I’m really irritated that border services didn’t check with me he had a visit scheduled , or that if they looked at his papers and a calendar they would have seen it’s not his weekend. I never agreed , but now he’s here he’s just going to bully me because he spent 2k to quarantine. I wish the border was taking this more seriously. ( my littlest wasn’t willing to go with him in March it’s now 6 months later it’s not going to happen again I’m sure )
As for reopening I guess it will increase their community spread , I just look at it as restaurants are open here at 50% doesn’t mean I’ve gone . So if they open 100% here, same thing.. we just need to be careful no matter what is open in my opinion.
That said I read an article and I didn’t check the sources but I want to saying Flas pneumonia deaths are through the roof right now compared to normal because they aren’t listing things as covid??? I would really like a vacation soon , not being able to get away is starting to impact the family ..we’ve been used to going somewhere 3X a year last year sigh. first world problems I know ..I just want something to look forward to , I guess.

I think they should open the border and let people choose for themselves at this point. Require them to wear masks and use the hand sanitizer at the entrance of every establishment and move on. The rest is just show anyway. Life is too short and I'm tired of wasting what little time on earth I have sitting around and waiting for things to happen. Since covid started my mom was diagnosed with cancer and died from cancer. The chances of catching covid are about the same as being diagnosed with cancer tomorrow. I'm tired of other people determining how I'm living everyday. That's why I'm still flying to Florida next week.

I don’t know how I feel about anything anymore. Our numbers are climbing but we have 9 cases. We are still Careful my littles aren’t in school but go to soccer and littlest resumes hockey next week .
I just wonder if this is our new normal, and if we have to live with it, in no way have I given up yet but I’m def getting tired of it all.
My ex crossed the border last Thursday to quarantine to see the boys . I’m really irritated that border services didn’t check with me he had a visit scheduled , or that if they looked at his papers and a calendar they would have seen it’s not his weekend. I never agreed , but now he’s here he’s just going to bully me because he spent 2k to quarantine. I wish the border was taking this more seriously. ( my littlest wasn’t willing to go with him in March it’s now 6 months later it’s not going to happen again I’m sure )
As for reopening I guess it will increase their community spread , I just look at it as restaurants are open here at 50% doesn’t mean I’ve gone . So if they open 100% here, same thing.. we just need to be careful no matter what is open in my opinion.
That said I read an article and I didn’t check the sources but I want to saying Flas pneumonia deaths are through the roof right now compared to normal because they aren’t listing things as covid??? I would really like a vacation soon , not being able to get away is starting to impact the family ..we’ve been used to going somewhere 3X a year last year sigh. first world problems I know ..I just want something to look forward to , I guess.

is your ex husband a Canadian citizen? If so, they have to let him in.

Why not take a weekend getaway here in Canada? Not sure where you live but you could rent a cottage or go to a small hotel somewhere. How about camping? We are renting a yurt in October for a weekend. It has heat!!!!

I think they should open the border and let people choose for themselves at this point. Require them to wear masks and use the hand sanitizer at the entrance of every establishment and move on. The rest is just show anyway. Life is too short and I'm tired of wasting what little time on earth I have sitting around and waiting for things to happen. Since covid started my mom was diagnosed with cancer and died from cancer. The chances of catching covid are about the same as being diagnosed with cancer tomorrow. I'm tired of other people determining how I'm living everyday. That's why I'm still flying to Florida next week.
I am sorry to hear about your mother. Its a tough time for many right now.

About the border, the only way I am ok with opening it is if they can get a better system to track people that cross the way restaurants are doing it and keep the 14 day quarantine in place.

I’m for keeping it closed. Our numbers are going up. If they open it up and we start getting huge numbers of cross border travel, things will only get worse and then things close back down.

I’d love to travel right now but we have elderly family members and neighbours with cancer. I don’t want to risk their lives by my choices. That’s my choice. I also don’t have 14 days after my vacay to quarantine so won’t be going anywhere other than camping!

After what is going on here in Ontario and how Florida is acting to this by dropping all restrictions I can't see the border opening for a long while. Our cases have hit 400 and are closing bars and restaurants by 11. Florida has 5 times the cases and letting all businesses run at 100%
I was horrified when I heard what Florida is doing. Seems they are choosing economy over lives. They’re heading back to 1st place in virus #s. Sad many people will loose their lives or live with the after affects of Covid.
The easing of restrictions like masks and social distancing is alarming.

I was horrified when I heard what Florida is doing. Seems they are choosing economy over lives. They’re heading back to 1st place in virus #s. Sad many people will loose their lives or live with the after affects of Covid.
The easing of restrictions like masks and social distancing is alarming.

They really are choosing money over lives. It’s sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter