When does package arrive?

Luv2trav

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
We are fast approaching our 30 day mark for leaving for our first ABD. When should we expect to get our package for our trip?

Thank you.

Our river cruise leaves on the 17th and we still don't have the package. I have read on here that they are sending them late this year. Usually we get ours before we hit the 30 day mark. I'm just hoping it arrives so we can choose our excursions before we board the ship.

Our tour starts on June 4 (china) and we don't have ours yet. That booklet is going to be so helpful a week before I leave--not! That's assuming it gets here in the next few days.

Last edited:
I saw an ABD unboxing on social media this weekend. It was the most anti-climactic thing ever.

I had heard they had cut back on the boxes, but man, was that disappointing.

I was told it's normally 3 weeks now (Idiotic!) but there's been massive screw-ups with the vendor who does them, and it's now 13 days & counting & no box.

Sayhello

Last edited:
YIKES... I was really hoping it would be soon but doesn't sound like it will be. I couldn't imagine leaving in 1-2 weeks and still not have any information.

Our trip leaves on June 5 and we received the boxes somewhere around May 5 - 7. Very underwhelmed this time in the contents.

Our trip leaves on June 5 and we received the boxes somewhere around May 5 - 7. Very underwhelmed this time in the contents.
Honestly? At this point? As disappointing as the package is, if it wasn't for the booklet, I wouldn't really care at all. And I am so into swag!

Sayhello

Honestly? At this point? As disappointing as the package is, if it wasn't for the booklet, I wouldn't really care at all. And I am so into swag!

Sayhello
Yeah for a trip like yours the booklet is very important. For London/Paris I did not really learn much more than what was on-line. Interestingly the booklet had the trip's name "Cities of Knights and Lights" so they may be switching back to names as previously reported. I love SWAG too and this was a big change from the first two trips.

I received my box today and it is lame. I'm not sure what the drawstring bag is for -- it is much smaller than the one we received in previous years that we used for laundry. The gray (makeup?) bag is not me at all.

Honestly the nicest thing in our box was the little book from AMA Waterways detailing each city / port we will be visiting. It's a perfect size for traveling and provides nice details about each stop.

I really hope this isn't a sign of the things to come from ABD. At this rate next year it will be the Adventure Handbook and a mint lol.

So ABD finally has a Tracking number for my box -- should arrive *Wednesday* by End of day!! Geez!

Sayhello

I received my box today and it is lame. I'm not sure what the drawstring bag is for -- it is much smaller than the one we received in previous years that we used for laundry. The gray (makeup?) bag is not me at all.

Honestly the nicest thing in our box was the little book from AMA Waterways detailing each city / port we will be visiting. It's a perfect size for traveling and provides nice details about each stop.

I really hope this isn't a sign of the things to come from ABD. At this rate next year it will be the Adventure Handbook and a mint lol.
That sounds really disappointing. What a bummer. :(

Yeah the little drawstring bags are confusing, the only thing that I can think to use them for are as shoe bags possibly. The zipper bag would be good for holding chargers etc, but I already have something for that.

Yeah the little drawstring bags are confusing, the only thing that I can think to use them for are as shoe bags possibly. The zipper bag would be good for holding chargers etc, but I already have something for that.

We went to Costa Rica in April, so I think we were one of the first to get the new boxes. I actually found the grey zipper bag really useful to store our passports, boarding passes and the itinerary during the trip. In the past we got the fancier leather-like portfolios, but this was less bulky and worked well. I also couldn't figure out what to do with the little drawstring bag.

My boxes just arrived--10 days before we are flying out. Wow, what a huge disappointment. The boxes are tiny, and as others have described, the goodies are worth maybe $5-10. I'm not quite sure why they bothered. The biggest disappointment though is the book--there is nothing personalized in it except for the names. Our air information and pick ups aren't in there at all. So now, I get to call to make sure it's all taken care of. Sigh. There is no reason they couldn't have sent this booklet MONTHS ago, and indeed they should have. The first page talks about passport/visa requirements. Not very helpful 10 days before I leave for my trip, LOL. For as much as ABD is charging for this trip, I expect more. They need to pick up the pace, big time!

My boxes just arrived--10 days before we are flying out. Wow, what a huge disappointment. The boxes are tiny, and as others have described, the goodies are worth maybe $5-10. I'm not quite sure why they bothered. The biggest disappointment though is the book--there is nothing personalized in it except for the names. Our air information and pick ups aren't in there at all. So now, I get to call to make sure it's all taken care of. Sigh. There is no reason they couldn't have sent this booklet MONTHS ago, and indeed they should have. The first page talks about passport/visa requirements. Not very helpful 10 days before I leave for my trip, LOL. For as much as ABD is charging for this trip, I expect more. They need to pick up the pace, big time!
I suppose I should feel jealous, because I still haven't gotten mine yet, but I can't work myself up enough over it to be jealous!

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter