When does package arrive?

I *heard* they used to do ABD Polos, Caps, and Sweatshirts at one time....I have BEGGED for ABD Polos to wear at home! Free Advertisement!!!

Silly people!
The shirts were for sale on the online Disney Store, many years ago. I bought the largest polo they had, and it was way too small for me, and I'm not *that* large. They also had ABD photo frames, and they tried sending it to me 3 times, and all 3 did not say "Adventures by Disney" on them, except in the part covered by the photo.

They did not give the shirts as welcome gifts to my knowledge. The caps, they did.

Wish they still gave those away.

Sayhello

In case anyone is keeping track of the average wait, I just got an email notification from UPS saying that the package for our July 9 BSM tour is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow (2.5 weeks beforehand).

Our box just arrived and we got something different than what others have been posting. We got a cinch backpack and two luggage tags, for an adult only adventure. I was prepared for disappointment, but I have to say I'm even more disappointed in this box, than I would have been with a cosmetic bag and a cinch sack for shoes. I may have actually used those. But, they sent a cinch backpack. Which is something I would have handed off to my teenagers, but now that they are 20 and older, even _they_ don't want a cinch backpack.

It's probably the nicest cinch backpack I've ever seen. And the logo is prominently displayed, so clearly they aren't worried about security, as has been previously discussed, if they are expecting a group of guests to carry them overseas.

Sending out these boxes is such a great opportunity, for them to create excitement with the guests, before the trip and a then tiny box arrives, with nothing useful, for us, in it at all. And hopefully the luggage tags that we'll need to use once we arrive, will be there when we get there, because they aren't in the box at all.
[GALLERY=]IMG_8796 by DizDragonfly, on Flickr[/GALLERY]

It's probably the nicest cinch backpack I've ever seen. And the logo is prominently displayed, so clearly they aren't worried about security, as has been previously discussed, if they are expecting a group of guests to carry them overseas.

What the heck! I would have loved to have gotten that, especially to carry my water bottle. Just my luck they change right after my trip.

And hopefully the luggage tags that we'll need to use once we arrive, will be there when we get there, because they aren't in the box at all.
Did you look inside the booklet? Usually they are tucked inside of a pocket in the booklet.

But yes, the Adventure Guides have always had extra paper luggage tags once you get there.

Sending out these boxes is such a great opportunity, for them to create excitement with the guests, before the trip and a then tiny box arrives, with nothing useful, for us, in it at all.
They used to be like that. They used to arrive 45 days ahead of time, and have a ton of cool little items in them, plus a backpack, and the booklet, and something I REALLY miss: a cheap little countdown calendar that I could stick up in my cube and use to cross off the days of last few weeks leading up to my trip. They really *did* get the excitement going for your upcoming trip! Now it's just an annoyance, because it makes them take so long to get the booklet to you. The stuff in it is minimally useful, and just not that exciting.

Sayhello

Last edited:
Did you look inside the booklet? Usually they are tucked inside of a pocket in the booklet.

But yes, the Adventure Guides have always had extra paper luggage tags once you get there.

Sayhello
I just received my box this morning for our South Africa ABD next month. I have to say I was actually pleasantly surprised with it after reading about everyone's disappointment with their boxes (which I understand having taken several ABD's over the years and receiving, myself, those fun boxes). I received the same items that DizDrangonfly received. Kinda sorry I didn't get the cosmetic bag also...lol. It sounded useful, actually. Anyway, looking forward to trying out the drawstring backpack which has a place for a water bottle and a nice zippered pocket on it. They must have changed the booklets also because there is no pocket inside at all. It does say in there that the guides will give us the tags for our bags upon arrival the first day. And now that I think about it, I only recall getting those in advance on the Disney cruises. Have they given those in advance in the past for the ABD's? My last ABD was three years ago and I can't remember.

I just received my box this morning for our South Africa ABD next month. I have to say I was actually pleasantly surprised with it after reading about everyone's disappointment with their boxes (which I understand having taken several ABD's over the years and receiving, myself, those fun boxes). I received the same items that DizDrangonfly received. Kinda sorry I didn't get the cosmetic bag also...lol. It sounded useful, actually. Anyway, looking forward to trying out the drawstring backpack which has a place for a water bottle and a nice zippered pocket on it. They must have changed the booklets also because there is no pocket inside at all. It does say in there that the guides will give us the tags for our bags upon arrival the first day. And now that I think about it, I only recall getting those in advance on the Disney cruises. Have they given those in advance in the past for the ABD's? My last ABD was three years ago and I can't remember.
It's hard to remember back, but I definitely did receive the paper luggage tags in the booklet for my China trip in June.

Sayhello

Well, I'm glad they'll be a hit with someone. :D For me, if I'm carrying something that isn't going to fit in my pocket, it's not going to be comfortable carrying it around in a bag with strings for "straps". They cut into my shoulders. As ABDGurl said, there is no pocket inside the booklet. I'm glad it does mention that the guides will provide the tags. I haven't had a chance to read through the booklet yet, just flipped through it quickly and noticed that the tags weren't there. We had the luggage tags previously, which I laughed at because we weren't changing hotels and they weren't needed on our last adventure. :goodvibes

It's hard to remember back, but I definitely did receive the paper luggage tags in the booklet for my China trip in June.

Sayhello
That's really interesting that they would change that process just within a month. Keeping folks on their toes, I guess! :-) Hope you had a great trip to China. It looks like a fabulous itinerary.

Well, I'm glad they'll be a hit with someone. :D For me, if I'm carrying something that isn't going to fit in my pocket, it's not going to be comfortable carrying it around in a bag with strings for "straps". They cut into my shoulders. As ABDGurl said, there is no pocket inside the booklet. I'm glad it does mention that the guides will provide the tags. I haven't had a chance to read through the booklet yet, just flipped through it quickly and noticed that the tags weren't there. We had the luggage tags previously, which I laughed at because we weren't changing hotels and they weren't needed on our last adventure. :goodvibes
The tags are mentioned on page 17 under "Luggage Tags" when you get a chance to read it. :-) That is pretty funny about getting the tags on your last adventure despite not needing to change hotels. Clearly, they are in "process" mode no matter what...lol. I hope you have a fabulous trip!

That's really interesting that they would change that process just within a month. Keeping folks on their toes, I guess! :-) Hope you had a great trip to China. It looks like a fabulous itinerary.
It is interesting. But maybe it explains why they were SO late getting our boxes to us (like a week and a half before our trip!) Maybe they were supposed to be in transition to the new process, but it didn't happen in time.

I had a FABULOUS trip to China! It was exhausting, but totally amazing. I had so many incorrect pre-conceived notions about China. I really enjoyed seeing so many amazing places and learning about the history of China and what it's like growing up and living in China today! We had amazing Guides (Ralph and Joe) and a great group of people!

Sayhello

We got our box today too. I agree with @DizDragonfly - for a cinch bag it is quite sturdy and well made. But, I would not like the straps digging in to me either. I'm glad we've been on trips where we got the big box with the tote bag and the back packs. The backpack is really nice, but the tote bag comes with me on every single flight as my personal item. It fits perfectly under the seat. Well, I will bring the cinch bag and see if I can get DH to carry it :rolleyes1

I'm so excited that we are less than a month away from our trip!!!!

I showed it to my DH and he said, "I wouldn't carry that thing". LOL Not surprised. He would carry a regular backpack, but never a cinch bag or a sling bag.

My luggage straps are filthy too, but I used them this time around again. We definitely did not get the paper luggage tags in the booklet for our June 5 adventure. The guides handed them to us on the day that we needed to use them.

Maybe we should set up a swap - I would have loved the cinch sack. Not for the trip but for the kids to use on road trips for the car or short weekend flights where a back pack isn't needed or when going to the fair. We only used the little cosmetics size bag to collect and transport pins and lanyards. I think I have one unused backpack, but the thing we don't use at all are the document holders that have a thin shoulder strap.

The shirts were for sale on the online Disney Store, many years ago. I bought the largest polo they had, and it was way too small for me, and I'm not *that* large. They also had ABD photo frames, and they tried sending it to me 3 times, and all 3 did not say "Adventures by Disney" on them, except in the part covered by the photo.

They did not give the shirts as welcome gifts to my knowledge. The caps, they did.

Wish they still gave those away.

Sayhello

I would have NO problem ordering one! Since our first one in 2013, I have asked for them thru Surveys, even written to Potrock...(no answer from him). Maybe I should try Iger???

PSA for those with ABD totes: Do not throw them in the washing machine. I use mine all the time and two of them were pretty grubby so I decided to wash them. Martha Stewart I am not. Sigh ... I ruined 2 totes. Fortunately, I still have one more with the navy trim (my favorite). Here is a before and after.

IMG_3379.JPG
IMG_3380.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!