When does Pelican Plunge close?

Shanti

Momketeer
Do they close the Pelican Plunge water slides on Castaway Cay an hour before all-aboard, or is it more like 15 or 30 minutes before all-aboard?

I saw your question and don’t know the answer.
I did look at past Navigators and there is no times listed for opening and closing of the slides and such on CC so I would assume that it would be open the whole time the ship is there?? :)

I saw your question and don’t know the answer.
I did look at past Navigators and there is no times listed for opening and closing of the slides and such on CC so I would assume that it would be open the whole time the ship is there?? :)
Yes, I also looked at Navs & couldn't find anything. I'm curious about when watercraft rentals close, too. I want to try doing the second half of the day at CC during our upcoming cruise, because I've seen how most people (including ourselves) tend to go there in the morning & return early afternoon. So this time I want for us to sleep in a bit, partly because CC is the 2nd day on this cruise, & the day before we'll have gotten up early for the trip, and partly because I want this trip to be relaxing. I want to do the Aqua Duck, mini-golf, & maybe the Rainforest Room on CC morning, then head out to CC for lunch, bike ride, aqua trike rental, and Pelican Plunge. I've read that the last 2 hours at CC are the least crowded by far, so it would be sweet if this method works. But I have to verify when PP & rentals close, first, so we don't miss out on anything we really want to do. I guess I'll ask when we board the ship.

Last edited:

I'm not sure how much this will help but ... During our 11/11-18 cruise on the Magic we had an all aboard time of 445pm at Castaway Cay. We stopped at Heads Up Bar at Pelican Point, which overlooks Pelican Plunge, for one last drink. It was still operating as of the last photo I took in that area, 233pm. Checked my Navigator and there was no close time listed.

Do they close the Pelican Plunge water slides on Castaway Cay an hour before all-aboard, or is it more like 15 or 30 minutes before all-aboard?

The island starts a 'soft close' 60 minutes before all aboard. Water activities usually close 30 minutes before all aboard so I would say Pelican Plunge would be the same but I've never seen an actual close time listed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter