"When I went it was all lights, and music, and Mickey doin' his magic." — Aug. '18 Disneyversary TR — Completed (Finally!!) August 20, 2021

Hello, I'm new on disboard. I'm from France. I plan to trip to disney on april 2021. So I went on disboard to dream with other's trip. I discovered you with "I do'nt like my family", then I had read your precedent trip. Your wedding was very beautiful. I like your state of mind. You are beautiful personn and your husband is a great artist. I hope that yours studies will be fine. I'm sure you will be good at your work because you love others.

What a kind message, thank you so much! I so appreciate you following my reports, and saying hello. I hope you have a wonderful trip in 2021, and that you enjoy the planning process and the anticipation! I hope to get to France within the next few years. I went once with my mom when I was a child, but I would love to go as an adult and take my husband who has never been. I want to see Disneyland Paris, of course! (And many other things as well.) And my French is very rusty, but it would be fun to practice. :)

Thank you for your welcome. I hope your brain will let you flight to France. It's a wonderful country. I love disneyland paris but i'm afraid that after WDW you think it's charmless.

It's good to hear from you again!

I’m hopeful that maybe sometime in the next few years Disney will make some updates to this ride to reflect up-and-coming innovations to help combat the climate crisis. If anyone could lead the way in this in a way that's accessible to the masses, I like to believe it would be those who carry on Walt’s radical vision.
I am so so so so so behind this! That is a great idea.

emember that time that your good Disfriend Meghan disappeared from the face of the Dis for three months? :eek: It was a truly dark time in trip reporting history
Welcome Back! Again!

EXQdiMC.jpg

Oh my goodness, I forgot how cool it was to have pink hair! :cool: I miss it very much these days.
What color are you rocking these days? Is still short? I almost forgot that it was once long.

I always get a little anxious on this ride thinking that it could finally be the time when we lose him for good. :faint:
Ha! Funny.

Welcome back! So glad to see you didn't actually fall off the face of the Earth.

Omg, that would be so cool if Living With The Land updated to show off more of the updated technology used to combat the growing climate change and global warming crisis. I'm so here for that. So so here for that.

Don't even remind me about them getting rid of Fountain of Nations. It hurts too much. :sad:

Love all your character spot photos, especially the behind-the-selfies ones. :goodvibes

“Everything’s Already Set in Stone. Now It’s Just Acceptance.”
Aug. 17—Part 3

Again, no idea where this quote came from, other than that I overheard another Disney adult say it. :confused3

Here we go! One more long-ish update to finish off the day! When I left off, we were planning for one more ride before taking a break. Obviously the most important ride to fit the bill was Journey into the Imagination with Figment. Duh.

ffjm8DW.jpg

JK. It was close and it had the shortest line. :laughing:

I snapped some photos along the way:

byFEW2X.jpg

Time to exercise our imaginations!

cJteG3O.jpg

I had never noticed this before in the “smell” room, and it cracked me up!

NCoALri.jpg

It says "NON-SCENTS" :rotfl::rotfl:

Speaking of things cracking me up, the imagination was experiencing some technical difficulties when we exited the ride.

rgKWkGo.jpg

"Your imagination keeps showing an error message? Hmmm...have you tried turning the imagination off and back on again?" :lmao:

N and I hadn’t done the photopass photo booths before, so we gave this one a shot:

Irn4kuo.jpg

Then it was time to head out and make our way back to the resort for some rest and a quick dip in the pool. We pardoned Disney’s pixie dust when we saw this construction on the way:

dFWX2R4.jpg

I was getting peckish, so as we got close to the hotel we stopped at the all-too-magical MICKEY-D’s on the 192 for some French fries to supplement our hotel munchies. (Passing several of the classic 192 gift shops that look like they should be adult entertainment stores to get there.)

Efd5O87.jpg

We had a delicious and nutritious lunch of fries, diet Dr. Pepper, and snack packs from Publix. For dessert, we broke into the custom cupcakes I’d preordered from Erin McKenna’s in Disney Springs! These were the same flavour as our wedding cupcakes: brownie cupcakes with cinnamon frosting. Friends, don’t knock it till you try it!

YmMTEVp.jpg

VMFd16S.jpg

We wanted to check out the pool at the resort, because we were in the section of Orange Lake that has the lazy river, and in all our past trips there we’d never actually used it. We got changed and went out to the pool, but we only stayed a few minutes because the water was sooo warm it felt like a bathtub. With how hot it was in the early afternoon, it didn’t even feel refreshing. It’s a lovely pool area though! On day with a more reasonable temperature, I’m sure it would be a lovely way to spend some time. The other thing is that, since it’s a timeshare, you need to pay for everything…so we didn’t bother renting tubes for the lazy river. We just…kinda…float/walked around a couple times, and then got out and dried off.

After a little rest, we were back on the road and seeing this:

9TCZTYW.jpg

Because it was our anniversary, we wanted to do something special for dinner. We headed back to Epcot, and back to the exact place where we were married a year previous. (We were running a little late because N had managed to miss the exit on the way!) We had a dinner ADR booked at Le Cellier, because N loves it there, and because it’s in the pavilion where we vowed in front of our closest family and friends to do life together.

fyrpl2e.jpg

We checked in and were told they were running 15-20 minutes late (shocker!) but we were seated just shortly after our ADR time. Our meal was…fine. The food was decent. The service was okay. The server discouraged me from talking to the chef about my allergies, but I asked to anyway. When the chef came, he was brief, took my order, offered curt answers to my questions, didn’t really address N at all, and then left. This was perfectly adequate, but much less chef interaction than I was used to. Still, fine. Here are photos of bread, and two steaks. Mine is the filet. N’s is the other one—probably ribeye?—with some green stuff.

kTPpXLZ.jpg

S1QFKnk.jpg

b5Muxra.jpg

It was fine. We ate our meals and were reasonably satisfied. But the last time we'd been there N's meal had been spectacular, and the allergy chef (a different one!) had gone out of his way to make my meal special, even making a special risotto for me without any dairy in it, so this wasn't the experience we'd been hoping for. We've had mixed experiences with Le Cellier...never terrible, but sometimes not up to the standard we'd expect for the price. Anyway,
I took my leftovers. I also wrote down that we had a weird interaction with the manager at our table at the end of the meal, but I don’t remember why it was weird. I think the manager was just socially awkward and the conversation was not really relevant to our dining experience. I dunno?? :confused3 Oh, and I think they made awkward comments about marriage or having kids or something when they learned it was our anniversary. Why do total strangers always feel the need to try to make you feel bad about whatever choice you make regarding marriage and children?! Especially when they know you're actively celebrating!? Anyway. :confused3Again…dunno exactly what went down for sure...this is what happens when you write a TR 9 months later. :rotfl:

I don’t regret eating here for our anniversary, but it certainly wasn’t our best meal. This experience just solidified for me that I don’t feel the need to go back every year. Also, I don’t feel that I should be entitled to pixie dust on vacation or anything, but I did note that were weren’t given any kind of extras for our anniversary. No offers of dessert, or drinks, or buttons, or not even a “congrats” written on the bill, etc. Which is totally fine and not at all necessary, but we were given pixie dust several times during the trip, and if there was any time I would have thought it most appropriate, it was on the actual day of our actual anniversary, in the actual location where we were married, in a fancy expensive restaurant modelled after the country where we are actual citizens, and whose citizens tend to pride themselves on politeness and generosity.…meh. :confused3

We strolled for a few minutes after dinner and took in the beauty of the Canada Pavilion. I’m so happy to have memories of our wedding in such a splendid place.

estHciL.jpg

Y5aDUoD.jpg

9tUlL4Z.jpg

pewv4tX.jpg

An obligatory annual selfie where we were married:

NZo2YQQ.jpg

We sauntered (I’m learning from @Steppesister!) back toward Future World, taking photos along the way.

PLZ9Uco.jpg

I wanted to check out Mouse Gear because I had seen a purchase-with-purchase throw blanket in others’ recent TRs that I wanted for my very own, but sadly, they didn’t have it on property anymore, or any other purchase-with-purchase throw blankets, for that matter. This was probably a blessing is disguise since the last thing we need in our condo is more “stuff.” I did, however, find another mystery bag of nesting doll pins to help build my collection. (By the end of the trip, I’d have almost all the dolls, and would resort to Ebay and online trading to finish the collection.) I pin-traded a few times with cast members in Mouse Gear, and along the way to our next time…Spaceship Earth!

Hi, Space Jesus! (Thank you so much for bringing this into my life, @pepperandchips!)

DzBtv7Z.jpg

The Swiss cheese future photos weren’t working, so I ended up being a cute blonde, and N developed this gorgeous nutmeg complexion.

XOKbKYk.jpg

After leaving the ride, we headed to Soarin’ for a second glider ride. We still had multiple experiences FPs from our awesome Cape May server to burn, so we used one here. Oh, and at some point around this time I took a stalker photo of this cute pupper whose work dress code seemed to make allowances for mouse ears.

VB1YdBa.jpg

We took a ride on Nemo, which had no line. N almost got devoured by a shark. Fortunately, humans are also friends, not food.

NI9sHhm.jpg

According to my notes, I decided to use a multiple experiences FP to watch Illuminations from the FP viewing area because we needed to use them up before they expired. I didn't even realize you could use ME FPs for shows, but apparently we did! We settled into the viewing area for the show that had played such a central role in our wedding ceremony one year earlier.

N11133D.jpg

LB9c1yY.jpg

Jmawcg7.jpg

After Illuminations, we hung back to listen to “Promise,” (the “leaving song” at the end of the show which had served as our official “first dance” at our wedding.) Then we made our way out of the park, so I could make a pit stop at Walmart on the way back to the hotel…but not before snapping a few pictures on the way out.

1U5n9Yy.jpg

0EOZmqQ.jpg

Epcot, you’re beautiful. Don’t ever let anyone tell you different. :love:

And just like that, another day is in the trip report books! Wish me luck as I attempt to be a better Diser this summer! I’ve missed you all, and I look forward to telling you more of my stories, and hearing more of yours. :-)

Welcome Back! Again!

Thank you!

What color are you rocking these days? Is still short? I almost forgot that it was once long.

I'm back to my natural brunette, or at least close to it. I'm in the process of growing it out, so I've got a shaggy shoulder-length thing going on right now. I'll just be glad to get another couple inches past my shoulders so it stops flipping out like Carol Brady :laughing:

Welcome back! So glad to see you didn't actually fall off the face of the Earth.

Thanks! I've been clinging to the edge as of late, but hanging on! School stuff has been really busy—I'm sure you know how that feels as well! It's nice to be back :goodvibes

Omg, that would be so cool if Living With The Land updated to show off more of the updated technology used to combat the growing climate change and global warming crisis. I'm so here for that. So so here for that.

Right!? Disney, hire me! I've got good ideas! :thumbsup2

Don't even remind me about them getting rid of Fountain of Nations. It hurts too much. :sad:

I don't know if I'll ever get over this one.

Love all your character spot photos, especially the behind-the-selfies ones. :goodvibes

Thanks!

Glad to see you are back on the boards!

Epcot is a wonderful park, I spent much time there my last two trips!

It looks like a nice night despite the lackluster Anniversary dinner!

I love this ride! I’m hopeful that maybe sometime in the next few years Disney will make some updates to this ride to reflect up-and-coming innovations to help combat the climate crisis.

Welcome back! And I agree....love this ride, and great idea to add a climate change angle. Looking forward to the rest of your TR (as much as you can remember anyway!). :)

Wonderful update. What a sweet way to celebrate your one year anniversary; I'm sure you look at the Canada pavilion with a different perspective than some of us other DISers.
I also love that you ordered the same flavored cupcakes as your wedding cake. The perfect little way to celebrate.

Great to see an update from you, Meghan!

After our PPO breakfast at Garden Grill—which now feels like a lifetime ago—it was still a few minutes before park opening.
I can see how it feels like a lifetime ago. I'm looking at the date and realizing it was the first day of my August trip! Oh well, it's nice to see you have time now to update it.
I have never done Garden grill, but the breakfast seems good. It's one of the few character meals I haven't done but would like to.

Next we walked straight on to Living with the Land. I love this ride! I’m hopeful that maybe sometime in the next few years Disney will make some updates to this ride to reflect up-and-coming innovations to help combat the climate crisis.
Some small updates would be good. I love the ride too, but it could do with a little refresh.

We stopped by one of my favourite places at Epcot, the Fountain of Nations. How I will miss this when it’s gone! #StillFeelingSaltyAboutThisTBH
I agree completely. I was sad to read it will be going away. I'm all for re-imagining Epcot and changing the entrance. It sounds like they want to add some greenery to it as well, which is all good. But that fountain was such an integral part of opening day, I really don't like the idea of it being bulldozed. I am not sure if I even have a picture of me next to it!

N and I hadn’t done the photopass photo booths before, so we gave this one a shot:
I did those booths too and it's the only ones I did. I don't know if I missed something, but I had no border on the picture, (like your 2018 logo) or anything.

Because it was our anniversary, we wanted to do something special for dinner. We headed back to Epcot, and back to the exact place where we were married a year previous. (We were running a little late because N had managed to miss the exit on the way!) We had a dinner ADR booked at Le Cellier, because N loves it there, and because it’s in the pavilion where we vowed in front of our closest family and friends to do life together.
Very nice that you could return to the Canada pavilion on this day. Too bad Le Cellier was a bit underwhelming. I have never eaten there, partly because the reviews I've read over the last few years are just so-so, and the price is a bit steep for me to risk a mediocre meal.

Welcome back! :goodvibes

Sounds like a great morning and evening at Epcot! That was a sweet idea to celebrate your anniversary in the place you got married! I'm sorry the meal was so lackluster though.

I can't believe the waitress at Le Cellier discouraged you from talking to the chef! Super uncool. But glad that overall your anniversary was lovely!

Hi, Space Jesus! (Thank you so much for bringing this into my life, @pepperandchips!)

:flower3: I do what I can!

We settled into the viewing area for the show that had played such a central role in our wedding ceremony one year earlier.

Uh oh, don't you make me cry! I'm all in my feelings about Illuminations going away!

After Illuminations, we hung back to listen to “Promise,” (the “leaving song” at the end of the show which had served as our official “first dance” at our wedding.)

What? I'm not crying, you're crying!

What a beautiful ending to your anniversary day!

Yay, you're back...again! :) :)

Loving the way you spent your anniversary. I am definitely thinking about a GG early a.m. breakfast for our trip in December just to do this very type of park touring day. Sounds like it worked out very well for you!

Hey friends! Remember that time that your good Disfriend Meghan disappeared from the face of the Dis for three months? :eek:

Hmmm... I think I remember you... Meghan something or other, isn't it?

It was a truly dark time in trip reporting history, I know. Let’s not talk about it.

Please. Stop. It's too traumatic.

Daily... no... hourly checking of the DIS. "Still no Meghan?... :sad:"

It’s time for this trip reporter to get her butt back into gear if she ever wants to finish this TR before the next trip begins!

Ah yes. the eternal struggle.

At this point, I don’t remember what most of the quotes I wrote down in my notes were actually about, or when they actually happened, so naming the remaining chapters could be a challenge.

The other eternal struggle. :rolleyes:

Yeah…I have no idea what the context was for that quote, or when it was said, except that I remember it was said by a parent. :confused3 :laughing:

As a parent... I totally believe this.

<the view the day after the aliens have successfully abducted everyone.>

I’m hopeful that maybe sometime in the next few years Disney will make some updates to this ride to reflect up-and-coming innovations to help combat the climate crisis.

Oh, that's easy.
Just have someone idling their car and someone else smacking them upside the head.

And we stopped to see a photopass photographer before the daily film of sweat became too pronounced.

photopass/morning = good
photopass/afternoon = not so good
photopass/afternoon/summer = Heck no!

Oh my goodness, I forgot how cool it was to have pink hair! :cool: I miss it very much these days.

What colour is it now? Brunette, I think?

Great shot!! :goodvibes

We stopped by one of my favourite places at Epcot, the Fountain of Nations. How I will miss this when it’s gone! #StillFeelingSaltyAboutThisTBH

Um... WHAT??????

We rode the Seas with Nemo and Friends, and thank gawd, we found Nemo again. I always get a little anxious on this ride thinking that it could finally be the time when we lose him for good. :faint:

Hate to tell you this, but he's older now and enrolled in the Navy. He'll be missing for a while.
(And you thought they only had trained dolphins. You can't beat a talking fish.)

Love this shot! :)

“Everything’s Already Set in Stone. Now It’s Just Acceptance.”
Aug. 17—Part 3

Again, no idea where this quote came from, other than that I overheard another Disney adult say it. :confused3

seems... rather foreboding.

Obviously the most important ride to fit the bill was Journey into the Imagination with Figment. Duh.

My eldest DD would agree with that assessment.

It says "NON-SCENTS" :rotfl::rotfl:

:laughing:

Speaking of things cracking me up, the imagination was experiencing some technical difficulties when we exited the ride.

Due to a lack of imagination of not using Microsoft.

"Your imagination keeps showing an error message? Hmmm...have you tried turning the imagination off and back on again?" :lmao:

That's called a coma.

Lovely picture of you both.

:lmao:

Looks very different now. :)

(Passing several of the classic 192 gift shops that look like they should be adult entertainment stores to get there.)

:rolleyes1

We had a delicious and nutritious lunch of fries, diet Dr. Pepper, and snack packs from Publix.

Very nutritious.

I love McD's fries.

For dessert, we broke into the custom cupcakes I’d preordered from Erin McKenna’s in Disney Springs! These were the same flavour as our wedding cupcakes: brownie cupcakes with cinnamon frosting. Friends, don’t knock it till you try it!

Okay! Okay!

but we only stayed a few minutes because the water was sooo warm it felt like a bathtub. With how hot it was in the early afternoon, it didn’t even feel refreshing.

Yeah... in Canada, bathwater warm would be great. In the heat of Florida? Not so much.

Because it was our anniversary, we wanted to do something special for dinner. We headed back to Epcot, and back to the exact place where we were married a year previous.

Guess what! When DD and I were there a few days ago, I talked about you guys getting married there!

it’s in the pavilion where we vowed in front of our closest family and friends to do life together.

Awww... :)

Our meal was…fine. The food was decent. The service was okay. The server discouraged me from talking to the chef about my allergies, but I asked to anyway. When the chef came, he was brief, took my order, offered curt answers to my questions, didn’t really address N at all, and then left. This was perfectly adequate, but much less chef interaction than I was used to.

So... it was fine, then.

Oh, and I think they made awkward comments about marriage or having kids or something when they learned it was our anniversary. Why do total strangers always feel the need to try to make you feel bad about whatever choice you make regarding marriage and children?!

:sad2: Some people still haven't gotten the memo on what constitutes acceptable conversation topics.

I don’t feel that I should be entitled to pixie dust on vacation or anything, but I did note that were weren’t given any kind of extras for our anniversary. No offers of dessert, or drinks, or buttons, or not even a “congrats” written on the bill, etc. Which is totally fine and not at all necessary, but we were given pixie dust several times during the trip, and if there was any time I would have thought it most appropriate, it was on the actual day of our actual anniversary, in the actual location where we were married, in a fancy expensive restaurant modelled after the country where we are actual citizens, and whose citizens tend to pride themselves on politeness and generosity.…meh. :confused3

Huh. Like you said... it's not required or even expected, but... you'd think... something?

We sauntered (I’m learning from @Steppesister!)

Hey!

So that's who coined that! I told DD about that. :)

This is awesome.

N almost got devoured by a shark. Fortunately, humans are also friends, not food.

Close call, though!

After Illuminations, we hung back to listen to “Promise,” (the “leaving song” at the end of the show which had served as our official “first dance” at our wedding.)

Awwww... :)

rgKWkGo.jpg

"Your imagination keeps showing an error message? Hmmm...have you tried turning the imagination off and back on again?"
Oye! What program are they using for that?!?! So old!!!

And just like that, another day is in the trip report books! Wish me luck as I attempt to be a better Diser this summer! I’ve missed you all, and I look forward to telling you more of my stories, and hearing more of yours. :-)
It is so hard to get back and caught up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!