When one room has the DxDDP with different arrival times

MommyinHonduras

DIS Veteran
My family of 6 is flying in around 9am and my mom will be joining us but has to work on our arrival day and take a late afternoon flight and will arrive at the airport around 11:30pm. She has signed up for the DxDDP and will be taking the family to several meals over our trip. We are in 2 rooms at POP. Two of the kids are staying with her and the other 2 with us. Also due her work schedule she is leaving one night earlier than we are. How does this affect credits, do all the credits have to be used with her band or will the two kids have access when she is not there? She is listed on all nights of our stay even though she will not be there the last night. We will pick up our bands at the hotel as we do not live in the US and her's will be mailed to her currently. Should we have her's sent to the hotel also? This was not suppose to be this complicated but she took a different job within her company and changed everything with her new time off/schedule.

*OT is there any other issues that might come up with her not on property the last night? Should the last night be changed to split under my husband and I? (We are asking for connecting rooms but if not my husband or I will stay in the other room the last night)

Do both rooms have the dxdp?
Do you have both rooms the whole stay?

Only one room, my mom's room(which has 2 of our kids on the plan with her) does and yes have both rooms for all nights.

How old are the kids in the DxDDP room? I know I've seen posts from people who let their kids "pay" for the meal with their own band, so as long as they know the PIN, it shouldn't be a problem as long as they're old enough to do it.

However, it wouldn't be a bad idea for one of you to just wear grandma's band on one arm and your own on the other for that last night. If you can change her band to a pick up at hotel, then you could do the same thing on the front end.

QUESTION to those who know: IF they are eating INSIDE a park and want to use grandma's band (that won't be scanned into the park), will that be a problem?

How old are the kids in the DxDDP room? I know I've seen posts from people who let their kids "pay" for the meal with their own band, so as long as they know the PIN, it shouldn't be a problem as long as they're old enough to do it.

However, it wouldn't be a bad idea for one of you to just wear grandma's band on one arm and your own on the other for that last night. If you can change her band to a pick up at hotel, then you could do the same thing on the front end.

QUESTION to those who know: IF they are eating INSIDE a park and want to use grandma's band (that won't be scanned into the park), will that be a problem?[/QUOTE
Only one room, my mom's room(which has 2 of our kids on the plan with her) does and yes have both rooms for all nights.
TE]

QUESTION to those who know: IF they are eating INSIDE a park and want to use grandma's band (that won't be scanned into the park), will that be a problem?
Shouldn't be an issue - they won't need to use the grandmother's band because the children will have bands from that reservation with the dining plan to use.

Shouldn't be a problem doing what you want.

I do agree it is just as well for grandma's band to be sent to the hotel and then you can check in to that room as well when you check in to yours (just use online check in and pick up the band on her behalf). So as far as Disney knows, she's there for the entire length of stay. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have her band with you in case anyone quibbles over a kid paying (although kids pay all the time since they often find it fun).

As for who stays in what rooms, you don't need to notify Disney she's not there. Just sleep in whatever rooms works out for you guys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter