When should I book for November??

CdnDisneyFan

<font color=FF0033>Tigger, he is oh so cute!<br><f
I am planning a trip for November 16-23 possibly staying at CBR, and I was wondering how soon to book? I was thinking end of August-Mid September, but I wanted your advice. Also, if CBR is booked up, what Moderate is recommended for 4 adult females, two birthday girls?? And do we tell the CSR (or have the travel agent tell them) about the birthdays, would we get something special upon check in or during the stay, or do we just mention it upon check in.

Thanks!!

Jules

Well, I always book as soon as I know when we are going. The sooner the better :)
I booked our Dec. trip in Feb.

Yes, by all means mention birthdays....to everyone....but you might or might NOT get anything special. It seems to vary.
Be sure to get a birthday button at MK on their birthdays and then "magical" things MAY happen....at least lots of good wishes.

I agree book now! The sooner the better. We are always books months in advance. With us it's usually the plane seats that are the issue...but if you have a DC card for a discount, there are only a certain number available... so, again, the sooner the better.

You can always change them if you need to.. much easier to do once you have the reservation.

By all means book now. We already have our trip for next May booked. Plus, you'll have a better chance of getting the resort you want. But that probably won't be to big of a problem since Nov. is a quieter month (excluding Thangsgiving week). Tell the TA to mention your b-days and then remind everyone else once your there. They usually recognize those types of things. Have fun!!!:bounce:

Definetly book now. You may have a hard time getting the view you wanted because it is late but you should still be able to get the resort.

I agree, book now! We booked our November trip in January to make sure we got our first choice since this is our "big trip". Good luck.:D

We are going in Dec....we are booking thru AAA...and I was ready to go ahead and book this week, but after reading these boards, I was under the impression that it may be better to wait and see if codes come out that would bring our price way down. So, should we book now or give it a couple of months to see if Mousesavers puts out some great discounts?

like everyone else said... the sooner the better! book now, you can always modify later if a discount comes available for your dates!
the resorts do tend to sell out. I booked my november trip months ago.

If CBR is booked pick second choice by what theming you prefer! coronado springs, or POR or FQ. I would probably go with POR mansions. but coronado has more amenities.

have a great time, and get going on booking that trip :)

Laura :)

I booked our November trip back in January. Of course, I'm certainly hoping for a nice discount code to pop-up between now and then, but there's no telling if that will happen. I just plan to re-book if a discount does become available.

Beth

Originally posted by CdnDisneyFan
I am planning a trip for November 16-23 possibly staying at CBR, and I was wondering how soon to book? I was thinking end of August-Mid September, but I wanted your advice. Also, if CBR is booked up, what Moderate is recommended for 4 adult females, two birthday girls?? And do we tell the CSR (or have the travel agent tell them) about the birthdays, would we get something special upon check in or during the stay, or do we just mention it upon check in.

Thanks!!

Jules

If I were you, I'd book now. If better rates come available, you can always call back and have your rate adjusted .. but better to at least have a room than to be disappointed if you wait too long.

Judi

If I book now for Thanksgiving, and a better rate comes up, do I have to cancel - then rebook. Or will DC/WDW just adjust price?

Cora's Mom -

In most cases, they will just change it. If you have booked directly through CRO you can call them with the new code and they will check availability. If it is available when you want at the property you want then they will transfer it over with no problem.

Last year, we had several changes to our reservations and we were with Dreams Unlimited. Most of the time they were able to just change the rates. But, one time they had to first make the new reservation and then cancel the old reservation. It wasn't a big thing. They did all the work. I just know that I had to reauthorize the new reservation since it was charged to my VISA. Then they credited my VISA back the old deposit worked out great.

I'm not sure how it works with WDW with the DC discount but I would think it would be similar.

Cdn Disney Fan

We typically will book our trips 12-14 months in advance and end up changing rates several times during that year. We always wait for the AP rate to come out but jump on those discounts that may come out earlier. Book ahead as far as you are able.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter