When to go (again!)

BPTP

Mouseketeer
Have been lucky enough to win a trip to DLP to be taken between now and April 2004. We've been before at the beginning of July with our daughter (4) and had a brilliant time, she's a bit of a night bird and so appreciated the electric parade and fireworks at 11.00pm! We also have a son aged 16 months and so next time we'll obviously take him. I think we should go in November (just after the beginning of 'Christmas') but husband is worried about the cold, especially as son will be in pushchair for most of the time so may feel it even more. He thinks we should go next April as son will be 2 1/2 by then and will get more out of it and weather should be better (two good points!). I still think November would be best and that April may be a little 'flat' as there's nothing on in the evenings (am I correct about this?). What does anyone else think? Is there actually a parade in the evenings at Christmas, or any fireworks?

Have they sent you the list of restricted dates yet?? I won a trip just recently - going next Sunday - woohoo:bounce:

The dates they give you mean a lot of weekends are out and all the school holidays - we're having to take time out of school. Besides I think your son would enjoy it at any age - we took Danny to Florida last year and he was only 20 mths and he still raves about Mickey.

I agree with you.
I think it would be lovely to go to see all the Christmas decorations. I know it will be cold, but you can always wrap up, and it could just aswell rain in April as it could November.

I had the same problem with DH last year. We had to cancel our Orlando trip for the beginning of December, so I wanted to go to DLP for a few days instead. He wasn't having any of it :rolleyes:
He said the same - "it'll be too cold for the baby" (ds is 17 months)
So we're going in June.
I quite fancy Halloween aswell, but I don't know whether I'll be able to wangle it :p

When does the Christmas season start in DLP ? I know its after Thanksgiving in Orlando, but I think its earlier in DLP isn't it ?

I have to say that we went in November and it was FREEZING - I mean really really really cold, so much so that it did take the shine off our trip. Don't get me wrong, we had a nice time, but I would be VERY hesitant to go at that time of the year again. My dd was in a pushchair and she was much colder than we were as we were walking - we tried with little success to get her to walk, but once she was so cold she was just miserable. I will try and find some photo's to show you, as you can 'see' how cold it was.

Saying that - the positives were - it was very very quiet - nearly everythign was a walk on, and we saw all the Christmas decorations and the Christmas parade. But the cold, particularly on the first day, was really quite painful.

Bev

I don't know if this helps sum about the cold. This was after about half an hour in the park - we had to stop for hot chocolate to defrost.
DLP.jpg

You took the words right out of my mouth Alexandra - cute photo though. Hope you swing things for Halloween, would be nice to have a little gagle of DISers around :)

Maybe April is better? :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!