When to start booking flights-or looking for deals.

AdamsMum

DIS Veteran
I'm going to the world February 8 - 15/20. How far ahead to people start looking at flights? Is there an optimum time? Last year I looked early (for early December) and the first offer that came up on AC was pretty good, but I decided to wait a little while to see if it got better. Every time I searched the price was higher than the last time. I finally booked about 5 months ahead out of panic.

I would have been on A/C's site by Feb 18, 2019. Really, now's is as good a time as any.

If you're looking to go to the U.S. (ie Buffalo) for a flight, Jet Blue has their flights out, I think and Southwest will be announcing theirs on Aug. 15 for that timeperiod.

(From the US, but live in a Rural Area and the closest airport is an hour drive from us)

We alway book as soon as the return flight date is open - the closest airport after the one an hour from us is another 2 hours away from there or 3 hours in a whole different direction. The flights in my experince will only go up

I would have been on A/C's site by Feb 18, 2019. Really, now's is as good a time as any.

If you're looking to go to the U.S. (ie Buffalo) for a flight, Jet Blue has their flights out, I think and Southwest will be announcing theirs on Aug. 15 for that timeperiod.
I've flown from Buffalo a few times and saved money. I was thinking it could be challenging to get there in February. When I flew from there in January a few years ago, I stayed at one of the buffalo airport hotels the night before. Decisions...

I've flown from Buffalo a few times and saved money. I was thinking it could be challenging to get there in February. When I flew from there in January a few years ago, I stayed at one of the buffalo airport hotels the night before. Decisions...
Flight cost + travel + hotel * exchange rate ...

Have you check Google flights? They'll only show you the lowest prices (which are Basic. Don't but Basic, at least buy Standard), but it will give you an idea of pricing.

I'm going to the world February 8 - 15/20. How far ahead to people start looking at flights? Is there an optimum time? Last year I looked early (for early December) and the first offer that came up on AC was pretty good, but I decided to wait a little while to see if it got better. Every time I searched the price was higher than the last time. I finally booked about 5 months ahead out of panic.

Although I don't have any current trips scheduled I'm always digging around prices. Google Flights is a great tool because you can see pricing for a whole month etc. But I also use Skyscanner because they email when prices change on a certain flight itinerary you search on their system.

For that week, it can be difficult if you are in a part of the country that has Family Day as the prices go up due to the holiday. I use Google Flights and Hopper (app) to track flight prices. When to buy? As soon as you see a prices you are ok to pay I would say.

I use the Hopper app to try to figure out what price I can expect and the best time to buy. We are also going in Feb 2020 (from Halifax) and already booked our return flight. Just waiting for the flight to MCO to come down a bit.

Holy cow, when I factor in the flight times I prefer on Google flights, I'm looking at $800ish return. I don't want to arrive late at night in Disney, and I don't want a departure at 7 a.m. coming home. Yikes, maybe I better try BUF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!