When to visit this fall???

camouseketeer

DIS Veteran
I want to visit DLR sometime before 2005 ends. I've been thinking of going the first week in December, which I've heard is traditionally a low time. The hotels I've called, however, seem to think that anything after Thanksgiving will be busy. And now with the rumors of a Halloween party, I'm concerned about October crowds. Would early November be better? Any thoughts on when the parks will be the least crowded?

Thanks!

Jeannine

Since my DD was born, we have tried to go to celebrate her birthday (11/17). This seems to be a great time to visit!! The Christmas decorations are all up, the Christmas shows are running and Halloween will be over if they really do the Halloween bash. It also tends to be during the week before Thanksgiving break starts, so I've found that alot of people will a week so they only have to take their kids out of school for a few days.
If you can plan to get there on Fri the 11th of Nov or go home on Mon the 21st Nov you should have a great time!! Try to set your dates so you have a weekend to take advantage of longer hours and Fantasmic showings. The weather is generally pretty great, although I would suggest a jacket/sweatshirt for the evenings. (Personally I don't pack them just so I have an excuse to buy them when we're there!!!)

We often go the first week in Dec! In our opinion, it's the absolute best time to go! No crowds at all! All the Christmas decorations are up, Thanksgiving has passed, and so you're more in the mood for Christmas. It is absolutely magical to be at DL at Christmastime! You can decorate cookies at the Fire Station, which is very fun! The 'snow' that falls every night on Main Street can't be missed. And It's a Small World is all decked out, inside and out, for Christmas! The only problem is if it rains, then they cancel the fireworks and 'snow'. That's only happened to us once. The crowds are non-existant~we get a little ticked off if we have to wait more than 10 minutes for a ride!

We also LOVE to stay at Best Western Park Place, which is DIRECTLY across the street from DL. It is the closest hotel to DL, other than the Grand Californian. Very clean, big rooms, and breakfast is included. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

when do the christmas decorations go up? If we go around November 11th are they in place?

We've always gone the week after Thanksgiving. We talked to some cast members last year and asked them if this really was the time to go and they assured us it is. We are going the same time again this fall and I am hoping we luck out again. ::MickeyMo I think they put the Christmas things out shortly after Halloween. ::MinnieMo

:cool1: Yes if you go around nov 11th Christmas lights, tree are all up usually go up first weekend in Nov should be asround the 4th or 5th this year. The xmas parade will not be on doesn't start until thanksgiving. we have been twice around this time neither time was too crowded and the weather was pretty good cool in the evening :wave: :banana: :sunny:

Has anyone else heard that they may not be decorating Disneyland for Christmas because of the 50th decorations? I've read this in several different places. I also heard that the Christmas parade was being moved to DCA this year.

Our AAA travel agent said that she went December 5th for Walt's birthday and her own, and thought it would be slow being the beginning of December and said it was really really busy. Of course it was on a Sunday (weekend) and she didn't know if maybe it was just that way because it was Walt's birthday. This is just hearsay, and I am willing to give the beginning of December a try sometime...if it is true, I may have found my new time of year to go! But for now. we are trying September the week after Labor Day. (11-17)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter