When were you completely AWED by something at Disney?

My husband was just saying that the Headless Horsman at MNSSHP is the best thing he's ever experienced at Disney (and, that was 3 years ago!).
For me, two things that have surprisingly awed me were Talking Mickey at Disneyland (I don't think he's at Disney World - please tell me if he is!!!). I had such an amazing experience with him. I went to see him by myself and he created such a fun story about the Haunted House and had us pose as if we were hitchhiking ghosts.

The other thing that has been a surprisingly fun experience is the Sorcerer cards. My son loves playing the game, but I love collecting the cards.

paying for parking

If you stay at Pop, parking is free. I'm not trying to tell PP not to ride the buses. I just want to clarify for anyone who might misunderstand that staying on property, even at a value resort, gives you free parking at the parks. I have stayed at Pop every time since I started staying on property and hate to think about not staying on property. I love that resort. I ALWAYS drive to WDW, so I don't need to rent a car; I already have my own. I think the free parking (at $20/day value) is a big perk for staying on property.

If you stay at Pop, parking is free. I'm not trying to tell PP not to ride the buses. I just want to clarify for anyone who might misunderstand that staying on property, even at a value resort, gives you free parking at the parks. I have stayed at Pop every time since I started staying on property and hate to think about not staying on property. I love that resort. I ALWAYS drive to WDW, so I don't need to rent a car; I already have my own. I think the free parking (at $20/day value) is a big perk for staying on property.

It's free to park at the parks if you stay there? That I did not know.

I'm probably alone in this, but I love IASW. The very last room that is all silvers and blues and whites. That room is awe inspiring to me. I love it. I could stay in there forever. It is just so beautiful to me.

The other two moments that stand out to me were during a Christmas party.

I had a taped recording of the Christmas parade on a sing a long video as a child. I always wanted to go to that specific parade. Getting to finally see it was like a dream come true and a very happy nostalgic experience.

The second awe inspiring moment was toward the end of the night. We were riding AO. There was no line at all, so they were letting those of us on the ride go around and around without getting off. It was a great view with the park all lit up below us. Then the fireworks started. It was so beautiful, and when I thought it couldn't get any better, it started snowing. There was a stage show going on nearby, so we were able to enjoy the Christmas music of the show as we rode. The end of the show included snow, so it started coming down around us as well. It was very magical and awe inspiring.

One night a few years ago my daughter and I were watching Wishes in Fantasy Land back near the Seven Dwarves Mine train. There was a young man who was working in the cleaning crew... Robert was interacting with a young handicapped girl. No doubt this young man had seen the fireworks many times and knew what was coming next in the show. If you have watched the fireworks from there you know some are towards the castle and then you have to turn to see them back by Toon Town. He would act out the fireworks by pointing, dragging the fireworks up, or sprinkling them down. The young lady would then follow his cue and do the same. It felt truly magical. He was amazing and that young lady and her family I'm sure will never forget him, I know I won't. Memories like that is why I return.

The Electrical Water Pageant!
On a trip years ago, we were in the right place at the right time & were treated to this beautiful show. It was in the 90's when Disney & sponteneity were friends!
I miss those days!
I miss spontaneous things too! It’s all so planned with fast passes 60 days out and dining reservations 180 days out. And you have to do those things now, you don’t have a choice or you’ll never ride anything or eat anything decent.

Our first day at WDW, we were at HS. DS5 (4 at the time) is a huge Toy Story fan, so we made it a point to meet Buzz and Woody. Due to the long lines all day long, we waited until the end of the day. Meeting characters was not really a thing last time I went so I didn't know what to expect. When we finally got up to the front and rounded the corner, he saw them and was so excited. They obviously had no idea he was a huge fan. I don't know if they were just going off of his excitement but Buzz and Woody spent well over 10 minutes just goofing off and playing games with him. At one point Woody pretended to walk off with him and leave me with Buzz, which he thought was great. It was easily the longest character meet we had during the trip. It really could not have been a better ending to his 1st night ever at Disney World and I was so amazed at how great they were with him.

On my most recent trip I think i was most in awe of riding Seven Dwarfs Mine Train while the fireworks were going off all around. It was so magical, and completely by chance that we rode it at that time

I was awed three times last week.

One was watching our 1 year old grandson riding "Its a small world" for the first time, he was dancing on his mothers lap the whole time.
Second time was watching him on Main Street MK as he watched everything go by.
Third time time was riding Flight of Passage in AK, I was really surprised how good it is!

The first time I saw Wishes. If I ever want a good cry (a happy one) I watch it on YouTube.

The first time I saw HEA. Nothing will be Wishes, but it’s amazing in its own right.

The first time I took DME.

My first ride on Soarin’.

How clean and perfectly manicured and aesthetically pleasing everything is. All the time. And the attention to detail literally everywhere.

The time I was caught in a downpour while waiting in the hub for OUAT to start and not moving because I was bound and determined to see it from that spot, watching a group of teenage girls skip by singing along to Elsa and “the cold never bothered me anyway” and bursting out laughing at myself and how I just didn’t care because I was so happy (might make more sense if you knew how that’s so “not me” to let myself get soaked or publicly display emotions like that). I was awed at how this place affected me. Still am.

CMs. My husbands first trip was last month, and I told him that before we do anything else, he had to meet Mickey at Town Square. I made him wear his First Time button, which he was NOT a fan of but am so glad he agreed because Mickey spent so much time with him and really made his day. He was on the verge of crying and that’s probably my happiest memory to date. Seeing him at 52 years old be able to FINALLY let go, be a kid and let everything else just fall away. And the CM made that happen for him, not knowing how much of an impact they’d made.

I was in awe of Port Orleans Riverside! I'd visited the resort but staying there was something else. The walkways are so lovely along the river, and it just has such a magical feel
I like to pretend I live there. Wouldn't it be a grand neighborhood to live in? Such a beautiful place to take a morning stroll. Restraunts, shopping, and movies just a water taxi ride away.

I like to pretend I live there. Wouldn't it be a grand neighborhood to live in? Such a beautiful place to take a morning stroll. Restraunts, shopping, and movies just a water taxi ride away.

So lovely! I didn't even mind being farther from the lobby because the walk was so pleasant

The first time that I walked through the tunnel into MS in 1990 and in 10 seconds being transformed from Grumpy (I don't want to do this) to Happy and then Dopey - have been dopey for the place ever since!

The first time that I walked through the tunnel into MS in 1990 and in 10 seconds being transformed from Grumpy (I don't want to do this) to Happy and then Dopey - have been dopey for the place ever since!

I am confused. I totally understand and appreciate the seven dwarfs reference. But I do not understand the magic of walking into Mission Space, the tunnel involved, or what else MS could stand for.

I am confused. I totally understand and appreciate the seven dwarfs reference. But I do not understand the magic of walking into Mission Space, the tunnel involved, or what else MS could stand for.
Sorry used MS as short for Main Square at Magic Kingdom.

Agree with OP that Sanaa was great!
But completely in awe, was last year riding the Frozen ride for the first time. I swear I turned into a 8 year old girl in completely awe of that ride for the entire duration.

Over the past year 2 things in Disney have made my jaw drop to the floor. Happily Ever After and Pandora. When I went into Pandora for the first time it was for a cast preview so there was barely any people which made it way better! I crossed the bridge and my jaw was on the ground. I had never seen anything more beautiful. The plants, the details, the ground, everything was incredible. Then I saw the floating mountains and I began to cry. The whole land blew me away. When I rode FOP for the first time my friends and I got off and didn't even know what to say to each other. We were in a state of shock and awe of what we had just done. I couldn't wait for it to open so I could spend all my time there.

Happily Ever After was also mid blowing. I have never cried so much in my life at a Disney Park. The music and projects just blew me away. But what made me feel the most is they put different movies and characters. When Hercules came on that castle I was crying like a baby. It was just amazing!

This last trip there were two things
Flight of Passage- we are still talking about it! Disney magic and then some!
The castle lit for holidays - the castle looked amazing this year. Last year was nice but it seems to have more 'sparkle' this time. We had a lake view at Poly and it shimmered in the distance ALL night. Made my 3am trip to the loo more special than it should have been

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter