When were you completely AWED by something at Disney?

Festival of the Lion King in AK is awe-inspiring. And it didn't hurt that my little girl (5 at the time) was one of the kids brought up on stage at the beginning of the show. Such an amazing memory for us!

Watching Celebrate A Dream Come True parade with my kids.

Wishes fireworks.

Meeting Chip & Dale in AK and having my husband tell them that they are his favorite Disney characters.... and then during the AK afternoon parade having a performer on one of the floats see us on the sidelines, wave at us and shout, "I hear Chip and Dale are your favorite!" to my husband.

(If it's not obvious, we haven't been there since 2012 :( )

Last trip we took in May I was completely awed by the kindness of a CM at POR. We had to go to the front desk for an issue during the course of the week, and while speaking to who I assume was one of the managers, we mentioned in passing that our DD4 had lost a rubber snake she had bought at AK earlier that day. She checked lost and found and unfortunately it wasn’t in there.

The next day after returning to our room from the parks, there was a bag sitting on the bed. Inside of the bag was a giant rubber snake that was larger and easily cost 3x what we had paid for the snake my DD had lost. I’m not usually too emotional about most things, but that definitely choked me up. Things like this are why I’ll keep returning to Disney.

Watching my brother and SIL discover the magic that is WDW.

Watching my 3 year old niece go crazy over meeting Mickey IN REAL LIFE!

Watching HEA blew us all away.

Just being in WDW leaves me in awe - I thoroughly enjoy every last detail and can never wait until our next trip.

On our last trip, the wow moments for us were:

• On our first night, we stayed at Epcot for Illuminations and our son passed out in his stroller on the way back to the bus. He was not the only one. The bus was full of parents holding sleeping kids. Seeing the way that everyone made seats available for those parents, helped stash strollers, etc. was really heartwarming.
  • On our AK day, our server at Tusker House was great. My son had an ill timed potty break that caused him to miss the characters and she got them to come back to our table when he was back so that we weren't stuck waiting for them after finishing our meal. Plus the food and decor was great.

About 9 years ago we went when my youngest was 5-6 and while at Disney she lost her first tooth! It happened while we were at a gift shop in Wilderness Lodge and the young cast member at the gift shop stopped what she was doing and ran over saying that losing a tooth at Disney is so exciting and extra special and Tinkerbell visits you when you lose a tooth at Disney (at this point I thought, "oh crap, how am I going to make that happen")! She made a big fuss and we laughed and checked out as we had gotten a couple of things.

We went back to our room later that evening we noticed PIXIE DUST as soon as we opened the door with a line to the bed and waiting for my daughter there was a note signed from Tinkerbell and a couple of Tinkerbell pins (which we still have)!! I cried and my daughter didn't understand why I was crying, which made her cry. Anyway, we asked mousekeeping not to vacuum the room for the rest of the trip (only a couple more days). It was my husband's first trip to Disney and it completely sold him on it. He asked me later if I had paid to have that done and I explained that no, it was just a magical moment but honestly that was so much more than I could have dreamed of! The cast members at Disney is what I am completely in awe of!

Oh goodness...there's literally so many things lol!!

A lot of the firsts, first trip/times, walking down Main Street (though that gets me every trip), meeting Ariel for the first time!
-Festival of the Lion King
-Walking into the lobby at DAK Lodge or The Grand Floridian
-Happily Ever After/Wishes for the first time
-Boo to You & Hallowishes

-Not related to WDW, BUT, Hunny Hunt in Tokyo, Mystic Manor & Grizzly Gulch in HK, and I cried a single tear of amazement on Pirates in Shanghai!

My first sight of the castle, not going to lie. Walking in and SEEING it, right there.

My other "Fave" moment was walking into Epcot my first time there and seeing Stitch standing near the entrance. I think I deafened my parents and husband with my fangirl shriek. I almost pity the poor CM in the costume that day, seeing a grown woman squee and full-on charge over for a picture. :)

I was totally awed by the Tapestry of Nations parade at EPCOT, and especially by Father Time leading the Great Millenium Walk.

So there is a thread on here that discuses what left you underwhelmed at Disney. Thought that I would start a thread that is a bit more positive. This way people can look forward to new ideas that they may not know.

I will get things started -

For us, it was eating lunch at Sanaa last April. We visited AKL last April and stumbled onto Sanaa, we had never heard of the place. We like Indian food, so we decided to tried it out. WOW!! We were totally blown away by the food, environment, and service. We choose to stay at AKL next month just so we can be close to Sanaa.

I should first start off by explaining that I am 64 years old. I grew up watching the Mickey Mouse Club, the Wondeful World of Disney and spending most days wishing and knowing that I would probably never be able to make it to Disneyland. I got married to a wondeful woman who, like me, loved everything Disney and she too had the same feeling of, it will cost too much. Well in 1987 we were able to afford a trip to WDW for three days with our two sons. The moment we stepped onto Main Street and saw that Castle we both started to cry. Our "Dream come True" had occurred. That one moment was perhaps the greatest feeling I had ever experianced, short of getting married and holding my two sons and now my six grandchildren for the first time. We were both so overwhelmed by that single moment, we still talk about it. Now for the best part, we have traveled to WDW every year since 2009 and yes, when the castle comes into view we are still choking back the tears. Don't get me talking about how we are when we leave the Magic Kingdom on our last day of each trip.

Our most magical moment was when Remy the mouse from Ratatouille came out on a dining tray at Chefs de France. My son's reaction was priceless as it was his favorite movie at the time and I wish they still did this, it was sooooo adorable!

I always go see Illuminations on the last night of my trip because it gets me every time. The music, the spirit, the countries lit up at the end, everything about that show amazes me.

Last week when I got to experience Flights of Passage in Animal Kingdom.....wow! What an attraction!

Hmmmm. I've been reading all the great answers and I agree with them all!

For us, it's when the "magic" hits us and we realize that, Yes, we are in WDW and we are on vacation! No more worries about the outside world, and we can be kids again! (We are 68 and 70 y/o and absolutely love everything about Disney).
So, I guess it's when the magic envelopes us. For my husband, it is when we walk down mainstreet for the first time. For me, it's when we get off the ME and arrive at our resort, POR that it starts for me.

There's no place on earth like it!

Riding Splash Mountain with my son his first time. He was a nervous wreck about doing it, but I knew he would LOVE it, and he did!

I haven't been to Disney since I was a teenager, except for last spring, when my boyfriend and I saved up just to do a one night trip without visiting a single park.

My childhood "awe" moment was meeting Prince Charming at Cinderella's Royal Table (of course, I've since seen pictures, and he was the nerdiest teenage boy EVER, but boy was I happy)

This past year, I was in awe watching the fireworks at Epcot on the bridge between Boardwalk & YBC. I didn't even need to set foot in a park to feel the "magic" that I remembered from years ago, and it definitely sparked a desire to head back to WDW asap!

We had so many amazing moments for our first trip that im afraid our next visit won't compare! We were pixie dusted a vip veiwing of the Mnsshp parade on halloween night which had unbelievable character interaction with my DD7. She was blown away ..good deal of the characters came right up to her! A mix up with our pictures at Belle's story time ended with the CM pixie dusting a fp and dd being picked for the beast role and dancing with Belle! On the way to CRT we were directed to BBB so my daughter could get pixie dusted before breakfast..and they surprised us by letting her get an appointment right then, and worked with CRT to move our reservation a bit so we wouldn't miss it. Everything was amazing, thr CM really went above and beyond with everything!

1. Seeing the castle the first time. I was literally in awe.

2. Avatar FoP. The experience was so amazing. It was so surreal the feeling I got as though I was really flying on a banshee.

3. The sheer amount of people they can pack in last place. I was in awe that, that many people could fit in such a small space. (not necessarily a good thing, but in awe none-the-less.

4. The first time I rode Tower of Terror. I had no idea what to expect and it was so much fun.

5. When I took the Backstage Magic Tour. Seeing behind the scenes of ToT and the American Adventure was pretty awesome. I was amazed at how these attractions operate and all the intricacies of keeping them going. Then there was the visit to the greenhouses to see topiaries and plants of all shapes and sizes.

6. My first time going to Gay Days. It was surreal because their were so many people in red, in solidarity of each other. I don't think i'll ever see that many "family" members and their allies in one place again. It made me feel warm and fuzzy inside in a way I can't even describe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter