When were you left underwhelmed by something at Disney?

50s Prime Time Cafe. I was really looking forward to the schtick, but the whole experience was like a lesser version of Ed Debevics.

Man 50's Prime Time is so tough because it is really dependent on who you get. The service is so inconsistent because you either get someone who is excellent at the shtick and they nail it and it rules, or you don't, and the quality of the food there isn't good enough to pick up the slack IMO. I've never had a bad experience, but I think to thrive in that role you gotta be a certain kind of person and not everyone there fits the bill. I still go every few years and basically chase the initial experience we had there in 2001 - we've had good times, but never as good as that first CM. This makes it really hard to recommend, too, because you just don't know what you're gonna get.

Also the Luau. Boring show, food isn't good, 'why didn't we do Ohana?'.

Pretty much all coffee at Disney World. Joffereys is disgusting. I know people weren't a fan of Nescafé but to me it was way better than Joffereys sludge. They even changed the Kona pressed pot to Joffereys. Barf!

I remembered another thing I was very underwhelmed with, and it was at Columbia Harbor House. I thought I would be the lobster roll (as I am from Connecticut, where we do lobster rolls right, meaning with butter instead of mayo) but I was fine with that. I was underwhelmed by the Lighthouse Sandwich. I LOVE hummus, and essentially lived off it for the years I was vegetarian. My problem was that somehow the bread became soggy in the time it took me to get my order and walk upstairs, which should not have happened given the ingredients. Also, somehow while the middle was soggy the crusts were stale? I'll still, however, morn that sandwich now that it is off the menu, because the parks do need more vegetarian options.
We use butter with lobster too, not disgusting mayo! I have never been to a restaurant that uses mayo with lobster. (I'm from the South too)

Dinner at BOG. While the restaurant is gorgeous, the food was underwhelming. Also, MVMCP. At least I can say that I've done both.

Zebra Domes...i took a bite expecting rainbows and butterflies after all the reviews I've read.

Oh and Columbia Harbor House, the food was disgusting. we even gave it a second chance and couldn't get past a couple of bites.

Cinderella's Royal Table. We went in May for breakfast. The portions were super small and the food wasn't good. My girls left hungry because they thought the food was disgusting. They aren't picky eaters either. That was the only time they complained during a meal the entire week we were there. The restaurant was SO loud that you couldn't hear the princesses being announced, or any of the wishing ceremony, which took away a lot of the fun. We were right next to the window, so that was nice, but I would never pay to eat there again.

The Na'vi River Journey....really Pandora as a whole. I thought it was going to be stunning, especially at night but was left very underwhelmed. FoP did make up for some of that though, the ride was incredible!!

%95 of the time I have ever spent in WDW has been amazing, but one thing that really stands out is Be Our Guest. The place is cool and food is good, but its nothing special for the hype and feels like were eating a convention center or maybe decent wedding venue. Seems like there trying to get too many people in which takes away from the detail.

I try not to base my expectations at WDW on other people's perspective, it is the true way to be disappointed.

I did not get too excited about Pandora in general since I have no interest of watching the movie, but I was hoping to be surprised and find the attractions at least aimed so everyone would enjoy. I did not get to do FOP yet, but Na'vi Journey was very underwhelming. It was stunning visually, but not enough to hold my interest.

Underwhelming:
Peter Pan's Flight
River of Lights
Na'avi River Journey & Pandora in general
BOG lunch
Fantasmic
Skipper's Canteen
'Ohana dinner

Our first trip to WDW together for our honeymoon, we stayed at the GF and were disappointed with the service overall the first 24hrs, I believe the first room was two queens instead of a king (which I know is only a request) then when they kindly moved us we got a room that was not cleaned properly (sticky residue all around, probably from kids)
We also had arranged for sparkling wine to be delivered upon check in, they were not smart enough to bring a chilled bottle..it was warm..when we asked if we could exchange it for a cold bottle they said it wasn't possible (even though the gift shop actually has it in the cooler but we were not aware) because of the high price we simply had high expectations that weren't met (and we were expecting GC and DLH service)...that being said I'm giving VGF a try but I do not have any special requests this time around.
I love GF. I just think it's so pretty. We stayed in the main building for a weekend in December. I was underwhelmed by the consierge's ability to statisfy my service requests. I had two, validate my AP and add the express bus service; they could do neither. At the price no request should be refused.

My biggest disappointment at Disney is the other guests, normally. So many rude, entitled, adults. Even more terribly behaved children. I'm not saying everyone, but enough for me to notice atleast several "incidents" every trip.

I love GF. I just think it's so pretty. We stayed in the main building for a weekend in December. I was underwhelmed by the consierge's ability to statisfy my service requests. I had two, validate my AP and add the express bus service; they could do neither. At the price no request should be refused.
WoW, yeah if this next trip goes okay we might go back around Christmas time...our first visit was and that lobby is just amazing during the holidays. Disney's hotel service is never up to what you would expect at an outside hotel for the price, but geeze it should at least fall into the good category even if for the price you could get white glove service else where.

50s Prime Time Cafe. I was really looking forward to the schtick, but the whole experience was like a lesser version of Ed Debevics.
Totally agree, we were so looking forward to it, but our family got stuck in the back room with just tables back by the kitchen with only a little of the 50's feel. Our "Aunt" came to the table and said she was from Duluth MN. we told her we had a lot of family there. Knowing we have family there she was drawing on a napkin were Duluth was, well from the drawing she was doing we knew she did not know were Duluth was but trying to make it feel like family (problem, if you don't know where a town is, don't try to draw a map) The food was just OK at best (except the PBJ malt), the only real interaction we had was when my DD12 did not eat all of her green beans and our "Aunt" took a large fork full and put them in her mouth and the DD12 chewed them but would not swallow for over 5 min, so our "Aunt" started a chant to swallow, finally DD12 gave in to pure pressure and finished them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!