When Will People Start Camping Out at WDW for SWGE Opening?

When Will People Start Camping Out at WDW for SWGE Opening? This is means with Disney's permission.

• 5am 8/29

Votes: 24 9.8%
  • 3am 8/29

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Midnight 8/29

Votes: 66 26.9%
  • 9pm 8/28

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • 5pm 8/28

Votes: 18 7.3%
  • Morning 8/28

Votes: 29 11.8%
  • Sometime on 8/27

Votes: 62 25.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I wish we could, realistically I know we can't camp out all night - We will be staying at BC and were planning walk over to get on the line by 4am (DH, myself, and DD8). I'm hopeful that by getting on line at that point that we should be able to get into GE at some point during the first day - is this realistic???? I'd hate to get up at 3am and spend all day waiting in line to end up not getting into GE and we would have wasted the entire day.

Also, will it be frowned upon for people to take breaks from the line? for example, to get food? use the bathrooms? Will it upset others around if we trade places with each other while we wait? I can't see my 8 year old staying in that line for hours and hours and hours! I'm not sure of the line etiquette with this kind of situation. Thanks! I'm just trying to set some realistic expectations.

As much as I wish we could, realistically I know we can't camp out all night - We will be staying at BC and were planning walk over to get on the line by 4am (DH, myself, and DD8). I'm hopeful that by getting on line at that point that we should be able to get into GE at some point during the first day - is this realistic???? I'd hate to get up at 3am and spend all day waiting in line to end up not getting into GE and we would have wasted the entire day.

Also, will it be frowned upon for people to take breaks from the line? for example, to get food? use the bathrooms? Will it upset others around if we trade places with each other while we wait? I can't see my 8 year old staying in that line for hours and hours and hours! I'm not sure of the line etiquette with this kind of situation. Thanks! I'm just trying to set some realistic expectations.
I am sure that. Leaving the line to get food use the bathroom and such will be more then ok.

That depends a lot on how early Disney’s lets DHS SGE guests begin camping out. If they are able to start camping out at 8am the 28th for example it would be a waste to even show up at midnight on the 29th. Until Disney announces concrete plans for how DHS SGE lineup will he handle it’s a big unknown.

I am sure that. Leaving the line to get food use the bathroom and such will be more then ok.
. Good to hear.

That depends a lot on how early Disney’s lets DHS SGE guests begin camping out. If they are able to start camping out at 8am the 28th for example it would be a waste to even show up at midnight on the 29th. Until Disney announces concrete plans for how DHS SGE lineup will he handle it’s a big unknown.
. Very true - I hadn't thought about that possibility.

It's crazy and I know people will do it but it's like camping out for day 2 of the new star wars movie. The opening is in Cali and it's happened.

Disney had better come up with some kind of reservation system soon or by the last week in August the entrance to HS is going to look like a campground. If people are told they can't camp out at the entrance, they'll find the closest place they CAN camp out and do it there. Then when HS opens on the 29th it's going to be a free-for-all. I'm sure Disney wants to avoid that.

Last edited:

Disney had better come up with some kind of reservation system soon or by the last week in August the entrance to HS is going to look like a campground. If people are told they can't camp out at the entrance, they'll find the closest place they CAN camp out and do it there. Then when HS opens on the 31st it's going to be a free-for-all. I'm sure Disney wants to avoid that.
SWGE at WDW opens on the 29th

Oops, my bad. I fixed it. Thanks! (PS Love your avatar yulilin. When the Hildebrandt painting showed up at the Star Wars Spectacular showing I saw I got serious chills. To me that artwork IS Star Wars.)

Oops, my bad. I fixed it. Thanks! (PS Love your avatar yulilin. When the Hildebrandt painting showed up at the Star Wars Spectacular showing I saw I got serious chills. To me that artwork IS Star Wars.)
That's my favorite part of SWaGS

Disney had better come up with some kind of reservation system soon or by the last week in August the entrance to HS is going to look like a campground. If people are told they can't camp out at the entrance, they'll find the closest place they CAN camp out and do it there. Then when HS opens on the 28th it's going to be a free-for-all. I'm sure Disney wants to avoid that.
Now you have the land opening a day early

Disney had better come up with some kind of reservation system soon or by the last week in August the entrance to HS is going to look like a campground. If people are told they can't camp out at the entrance, they'll find the closest place they CAN camp out and do it there. Then when HS opens on the 28th it's going to be a free-for-all. I'm sure Disney wants to avoid that.
I really hope this is the case. By all accounts it worked well in DL. The crowds weren't too bad @ SWGE because you had to have a reservation and the crowds were normal in DCA and the rest of DL. The only hiccup I've seen is that Olga's Cantina exceeded expectations. They just this morning announced that they are reducing the max time in the cantina from 60 to 45 mins and you have a 2 drink maximum. They are also instituting a text-back, virtual cue system so you can't stand in line to get in and clog the walkways.

I really hope this is the case. By all accounts it worked well in DL. The crowds weren't too bad @ SWGE because you had to have a reservation and the crowds were normal in DCA and the rest of DL. The only hiccup I've seen is that Olga's Cantina exceeded expectations. They just this morning announced that they are reducing the max time in the cantina from 60 to 45 mins and you have a 2 drink maximum. They are also instituting a text-back, virtual cue system so you can't stand in line to get in and clog the walkways.
I do not see this working at Disney world one Disneyland has 3 hotels Disney world has what 22+ I just can not see them doing a reservation like they did at Disneyland.

I do not see this working at Disney world one Disneyland has 3 hotels Disney world has what 22+ I just can not see them doing a reservation like they did at Disneyland.
DL also has a exponential number more AP's. I have not been yet, but I have friends that were only able to get reservations for 2 in their family instead of the whole group (no idea if that was a glitch or the rules Disney has set up though). I could easily see them restricting access to once for the length of your trip. I'd prefer being able to only go once and knowing the crowds would be tolerable over being able to go as many times as you want and knowing lines will be 4 hours plus (and having to camp out and suffer the mother-of-all rope drop nightmares every time).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!