When will Spring Break 2019 fill the Fort?

pbarager

DDC #720
We are taking our first ever spring break camping trip at the fort this coming March. We have stayed at multiple Disney properties and own at Bonnet Creek but be have never stayed at FW. I just made reservations for a week starting on 3/23/19 and was surprised everything was still available. Looking forward to all the great advice and crossing off another Disney first for our family!

p.s I've been lurking for years on this part of the forum and can't wait to be a part of it!

Paul

p.s I've been lurking for years on this part of the forum and can't wait to be a part of it!

Paul

Paul,

I'm glad to hear you've got your first trip to the Fort on the books. We all were lurkers at one time in the past too so we understand your excitement.

To answer your question, most of the southern school systems (I'm in Alabama) are in spring break mode by the second week of March which puts you square in the action. I see you're from Michigan and northern schools tend to start later and have the later spring break time. Lots of people come in for Easter during the spring too (it's a moving holiday and a long weekend in many places) so spring is a busy time. Spring break/Easter time in March and April also has become the most expensive time of the year for campsites surpassing the Christmas holiday period by a few dollars.

Spring (and the comparable fall period) are popular on weekends with "locals" who live within a few hours of the Fort and the weekends tend to book up sooner than weekdays. They come in for a short two night stay Friday and Saturday nights. The higher rates may temper that some.

Normally I would say once you camp at the Fort you'll be hooked and while that's still true, owning at Bonnet gives you a viable alternative place to stay.

So welcome, join in the fray, and take part in the monthly trip report thread that gets started a few months in advance (the March 2019 one for you) that ANYONE can start HOWEVER far in advance. And during that month our faithful moderator (she's quiet, modest, and cracks a smart whip) pins that month's trip report thread at the top of the board so it's easy to find, share in, and comment on.

Hope to see you post some more! :surfweb:

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Welcome to the board, we did spring break last year (last 2 weeks of March), first week wasn't bad, the second is another story, wow, glad we were leaving mid week, i will say the weather was the best and staying at the Fort makes even the worst crowds tolerable

I live her in Central Florida and most of the local schools spring break is the week of March 25-29, 2019. Since Easter is not until April in 2019, that may thin the crowds a little. We go every spring break and the weather is perfect, the crowds not so much, but we always have a great time.

We are in Texas, and most of the schools here take Spring Break in the middle of March, usually it is something like the 11th-17th.

Welcome! we are going the first week in March and I hope the majority of folks are waiting until Fall because of the Star Wars land (shoot, I kinda want to wait too).

As you can see from the responses, different areas have different spring breaks which spreads the tourists over a one month period and makes the spring break crowd much more moderate than Xmas, Thanksgiving or 4th July. It's certainly not a quiet time of the year but it's more manageable and easier to get reservations. (FWIW, I believe Ontario students are off Mar 11-15 and Quebec students are off March 4-8)

2nd week in March for us too, and during that week it's typically heavy on TX, OK, and I think Missouri? And apparently Ontario. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter