When you can't shake an idea...

ChasingLeslie

DIS Veteran
We are a three hour flight away from WDW but currently have AP passes.

My two kids and I all have birthdays a few days apart. I looked at the school calendar and the kids have a random Friday off the day after DS's birthday. I'd love to pop down to WDW for a quickie birthday surprise (and I *might* have a family member who would let me use his DVC points), but my husband would not be able to go. We'd have to leave on DS's birthday and I feel guilty that we wouldn't be celebrating together. Maybe I'm making way to big a deal about that, but if the situation was reversed I wouldn't want to be left out.

I just keep coming back to the fact that the tickets are paid for, the hotel *might* be "free," the kids wouldn't have to miss any school, and we'll never have this combination of circumstances again. I think it'll come down to the DVC rental and how ridiculous flight prices are, but I can't seem to shake this idea!!

WWYD...?

I'd go. Celebrate your DS birthday with your husband the night before the actual birthday. Birthday celebration doesn't HAVE to be on your birthday to still be fun and meaningful.

We are a three hour flight away from WDW but currently have AP passes.

My two kids and I all have birthdays a few days apart. I looked at the school calendar and the kids have a random Friday off the day after DS's birthday. I'd love to pop down to WDW for a quickie birthday surprise (and I *might* have a family member who would let me use his DVC points), but my husband would not be able to go. We'd have to leave on DS's birthday and I feel guilty that we wouldn't be celebrating together. Maybe I'm making way to big a deal about that, but if the situation was reversed I wouldn't want to be left out.

I just keep coming back to the fact that the tickets are paid for, the hotel *might* be "free," the kids wouldn't have to miss any school, and we'll never have this combination of circumstances again. I think it'll come down to the DVC rental and how ridiculous flight prices are, but I can't seem to shake this idea!!

WWYD...?
That sounds like an amazing birthday surprise! I agree, you can celebrate early and don't miss this super cool opportunity.
I planned a surprise trip to Disneyland for my DH's and my wedding anniversary and it was awesome. United Airlines ruined the surprise though by emailing him to "check into his flight" 24 hours in advance. Up until then he thought he was getting a day trip with me into NYC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter