Where’s Pluto?

Made the trip home today to check out the house. Lots of limbs to pick up. One side of the fence needs to be replaced and another side needs some repair. A few other minor things. There’s lots of shingles in my yard, but not from my roof.

on the campground front, @tiggerdad was here. They are not fort squirrels, as it didn’t let me get any closer than across the road

Attachments

• 8B1C2EC5-15F8-42D3-9480-8F5432DA3CDD.jpeg
    8B1C2EC5-15F8-42D3-9480-8F5432DA3CDD.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 0
We have made it home. Electricity was turned last Sunday, but our meter box looked like this, so we didn’t trust it yet. Something about water and electricity not mixing. We had someone cut the power at the main breaker and found an electrician to repair it on Tue

We came home on Wednesday, and I spent 2 days digging out the old fence posts from the downed fence. Then I went out and found replacement posts. This morning im heading to get cement to reset posts. And tomorrow I’ll have some help to rebuild the fence.

we don’t have internet as yet and they can’t tell us when we might. The problem is withthe feed it our house, as all of our neighbors have it. And the street they need to access to fix that is under construction. I’m not optimistic that they’re going to work on it any time so.

We had a trap planned for this weekend to Reunion Lake in Robert LA. Plans got kinda screwed up with Ida, but we decided to go anyway. The kids were supposed to be off of school yesterday but had that day added back on so I pulled the camper up Thursday as planner and the family came up after school yesterday.

the park reopened from Ida on Thursday. So it’s probably a lot more empty than it otherwise would have been.

we’ve done lots of swimming and playing on the playground and putt putt while avoiding a few sprinkles.

We’ve been in the same spot (minus Covid) for 15+ years…so if you’re good with dry camping, let me know!!

It's probably going to be a DS (4th grader) out of school/in college situation before I can get down there. The race weekend in April and October doesn't usually line up with their school schedule.

Maybe I need to do a guys' weekend like I used to do regularly about 5-10 years ago when we'd pick one race weekend a year with 5 other guys. We'd show up on Thu and leave Mon. If an engine was running on the track, we were in the stands watching. Not sure the liver can keep up with that pace anymore though...

Truck race was pretty exciting. Xfinity a bit anticlimactic with calling it early, though the young man that won was sure appreciative.

Been a good weekend so far?

So Pluto, did you make it till the make-up day on Monday or did you have to head home?

Kinda want to know how things turned out for you.

Ed

Oh yeah, it was busy. We went to the dirt track Friday night for the first time. That was quite an experience. On Saturday we hung out outside the track for the truck race visiting the displays and listening to a fun 90s country cover band (Mustache the Band). We went to the infield for a little while Saturday night to see Dustin Lynch and briefly walk the boulevard. Also, our hotspot wouldn’t work, so it spared me from watching the Tulane debacle.

Sunday we waited until the cars were on the track to enter, and didn’t make it to our seats before the rain started again and they called the race. My personal and completely unbiased opinion is that they had plenty time to get the track dry and run past halfway before dark. But they apparently won’t start the race without having time to run the full distance.

given the poor looking forecast for Monday, we opted to leave. It looked like they were going to struggle to get it in at any point this week. I’m shocked they managed to get half a race in on Monday. We listened on the radio on the way home and I haven’t actually seen it yet. Very happy for Bubba and Bootie!

it was a really fun trip despite missing the cup race.

Friday short track
7963E1DA-0981-4EF8-AD99-38DD4ED77605.jpeg

It didn’t take more than a couple laps for someone to disappear over the banking in the corner

80FD5D9F-8356-43C2-A757-ED0E9BB1BCC8.jpeg

And Mater was there! And working!
CD50BDAB-1F6F-4AC5-BFB4-E172F830D4C6.jpeg

These guys had a really good Oktoberfest:

C9EF3699-26A4-4580-B7E2-565649669A3F.jpeg

Last weekend we went to Little Black Creek in Lumberton, MS for one of their Halloween weekends.
It was intended to be a Thursday-Monday trip, but they took fall break away from the kids because of the hurricane, so we had to do Friday after school til Sunday (but I still had Monday booked, so at least didn’t need to rush out)

45EF671A-75A9-4628-B65C-945571E64B06.jpeg

this is our campsite. There is a fire ring (sort of) and a picnic table down in the area I took the picture from. And a ton of room. There’s a large lake with swimming/fishing/boating. A disc golf course. The only downside about our camp spot was that the “deck” area was sandy where most spots had wooden decks. And I’d forgotten my mat because I hadn’t cleaned them with the quick turnaround from Talladega

it was basically dark when we got in Friday after sitting in traffic an hour to get out of the city. And I also stopped because I had a issue with one of my weight distribution bars popping out on the way to talladega, so I wanted to check it along the way. I have no idea what went wrong there. Am planning to ask the repair place to take a look for me and see if I’m missing something when I bring it to finally replace the fender this week.

Saturday we decorated for Trick or Treating and did a little bit of fishing and visited the playground during the day. Then we went to the golf cart parade.

58A5E8AD-FAA6-4485-922C-5AAC1A2A619B.jpeg

some folks went all out with campsite decorations. A bit like the fort, only with some more scary stuff.

DB009A98-9843-4D87-B33A-23499279A8EA.jpeg

I stayed back and handed out candy while DW and the kids went trick or treating.

and our friends had a visitor at their site that hung around for a day or so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter