Where are we, Jersey? Bye, Phoenicians! An August 2017 TR * NEW DINING/TR LINKS*

WE BOOKED A SPRING BREAK TRIP :cheer2:
It'll be our first time during Spring Break and yes, I know it'll be crowded AND, I don't care. I think it'll be a bit of a different trip?? But I'm not saying anything more about that yet since all we have are our plane tickets and resort. Besides, the resort will most likely change once or twice since right now we're booked on a TA rate here

pop-century-jpg.276650

and that's where we started out for last August (or maybe that was our 2nd or 3rd resort lol) but obviously we didn't end up there. I am 100% fine staying there since every room should have queen beds by then but we'll see when everyone else starts complaining :scratchin
Our dates are Saturday 3/24 through Saturday 3/31, and our flight arrives before noon on the 24th so we'll have that whole day. And that's all I'll say for now since that's all I know but I'm going to move on a couple ADR's soon! Ricky will be just over 4 months past his surgery; he'll be off crutches before Nov. ends and back to p/t within a week of surgery, so we think this will be fine for him physically and also a nice break/stress reliever for all of us.

Yay! Congrats! Too bad it's not one week later because that's when we'll be there! We are actually staying at POP one night (4/7)…it's always ,my go-to if I am not staying deluxe or DVC. I can't wait to see the updated rooms!

It'l be nice when that surgery is behind y'all…that's super stressful!

OK one more thing and then I'll move on! I know lots of you follow me on Instagram, which BTW I pretty much just started using, hardly use, and barely know how to use. However my agency is having a contest involving Instagram soooooooo, if you don't follow me yet, but you do Instagram - wanna follow me and help me possibly win the contest? :D I'm arianemarvelousmousetravels and yes, I did have to check my phone for that. Thanks!!

Done! Though I don't really post much on Instagram either…I'm mostly there to see what DD posts! I'm "kelsterminnie," if you see me on there :wave2:

lol! I can't remember, do you not ride TOT because you can't, or you won't? If it's because you won't and we end up in Disney together again - I'm making you ride with me :P

Probably both? Haha :P

I suspect it would make me a little dizzy, but I'd consider trying it anyway...except that I'm a scaredy cat and I don't think there's any way I could convince myself to do it!! :scared1: I almost considered trying it in August...but I totally chickened out. Maybe December...haha...right. If I did it I'd probably try to schedule a FP or something for later in the day, so if I felt yucky after I could go back to the hotel and sleep it off. I don't know...some people say it's not nearly as scary as they expected, and some people say it's downright terrifying... :confused3

I've come across a few CM's here and there who are SO passionate about what they do. You read about the low wages, disgruntled CM's, CM's in the college program who aren't taking their job seriously, but some that I've met show you their true love of Disney and you can feel how much they value their position and what they do. That means a lot to me as a guest and lover of Disney :love:

Agreed!! The CM from bell services who greeted us with our TONS of luggage when we arrived in August was just like this, and it totally turned our day around! So special.

Evening folks! Sitting here waiting for the Season 13 premiere of Supernatural, hoping to get to some responses so I can do another update. But I also had to come on and let everyone know.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................WE BOOKED A SPRING BREAK TRIP :cheer2:
It'll be our first time during Spring Break and yes, I know it'll be crowded AND, I don't care. I think it'll be a bit of a different trip?? But I'm not saying anything more about that yet since all we have are our plane tickets and resort. Besides, the resort will most likely change once or twice since right now we're booked on a TA rate here

View attachment 276650

and that's where we started out for last August (or maybe that was our 2nd or 3rd resort lol) but obviously we didn't end up there. I am 100% fine staying there since every room should have queen beds by then but we'll see when everyone else starts complaining :scratchin
Our dates are Saturday 3/24 through Saturday 3/31, and our flight arrives before noon on the 24th so we'll have that whole day. And that's all I'll say for now since that's all I know but I'm going to move on a couple ADR's soon! Ricky will be just over 4 months past his surgery; he'll be off crutches before Nov. ends and back to p/t within a week of surgery, so we think this will be fine for him physically and also a nice break/stress reliever for all of us.

OK one more thing and then I'll move on! I know lots of you follow me on Instagram, which BTW I pretty much just started using, hardly use, and barely know how to use. However my agency is having a contest involving Instagram soooooooo, if you don't follow me yet, but you do Instagram - wanna follow me and help me possibly win the contest? :D I'm arianemarvelousmousetravels and yes, I did have to check my phone for that. Thanks!!

OMG I'm so excited we'll be there 3/23-4/1 :cool1: I see La Vie en Rose in France in our future :hug:

Congratulations on booking a March trip. I was just looking at March dates tonight, but earlier in the month. The weather should be great for your trip. :)
We've been once in March, in the beginning. I'd been watching the weather and the end of Feb. had been nice and warm, and then for our 4 days it was chilly and rainy :( Hoping for at least semi-warm since it is later in the month!

Yay for another trip on the books!
:thumbsup2 I know you know how good it feels!

Yay! Congrats! Too bad it's not one week later because that's when we'll be there!
Yeah, unfortunately we're going for their spring break which is always the week before Easter; assuming you guys have the week after. But hopefully we'll be able to see each other in a few weeks at the Poly!

Done! Though I don't really post much on Instagram either…I'm mostly there to see what DD posts! I'm "kelsterminnie," if you see me on there :wave2:
I saw you :goodvibes I made an account originally for the same reason, to see what Ricky posted lol. And then when I realized so many of my co[workers were using it for business I changed it over and.......yeah, still haven't really figured out how to utilize it :laughing:

I suspect it would make me a little dizzy, but I'd consider trying it anyway...except that I'm a scaredy cat and I don't think there's any way I could convince myself to do it!! :scared1: I almost considered trying it in August...but I totally chickened out. Maybe December...haha...right. If I did it I'd probably try to schedule a FP or something for later in the day, so if I felt yucky after I could go back to the hotel and sleep it off. I don't know...some people say it's not nearly as scary as they expected, and some people say it's downright terrifying... :confused3
I don't understand the people who say it's terrifying, seriously! It's not terrifying. The scariest part is BEFORE the actual ride! And I think your stomach would be more affected than your head!

WE WILL BE THERE TOO!!!!!!!!! (23rd-27th):love:
awesome!!! Two meets :cheer2:

Congrats on a new trip! The new Pop rooms look awesome, so it won't be too bad to stay there.
They do look good, although I'm not the biggest fan of no carpeting. But the rest of the room looks good!

OMG I'm so excited we'll be there 3/23-4/1 :cool1: I see La Vie en Rose in France in our future :hug:
Definitely! I assume Kathy will be with you?

So exciting to have another trip planned. March seems to be such a great month weather wise.
I believe it's supposed to be lol. Our one March trip was in the very beginning of the month and it was chilly and rainy so not the best. But I'm hopeful that this time it'll be better!

We should be up in November for an early Thanksgiving. I will def let you know when once we pick a weekend. But I know you will be a bit busy around then. But I will let you know!
Yes let me know! Most of my running will be during the week with Ricky so hopefully I'd be able to meet up with you :)

Before I start this update I want to thank you all for following me on Instagram! The contest ends 11/1, there are lots of us participating but I'll let you know how I do :goodvibes

'BYE, PHOENICIANS!
We woke up on our 4th full Disney day with another RD plan, this time at EPCOT! All the time we'd spent there so far was our one walk-through evening on our way to Cape May, and a quick ride on Soarin'. Even though we weren't planning on a full day here we had a couple FP's to use and were all looking forward to it.
We started out getting some breakfast from the lounge, and noticed the sign out already for the evening Wine and Cheese spread:

IMG_6836.JPG

Chris was being a bit "Chris" this morning and didn't want anything the lounge offered. We sat there and ate, and watched another CL guest inquire about using the CL phone to call her relatives back in Europe. They let her do it no problem :) She told the CM that her phone wasn't working, or wouldn't let her through, or something like that. The CM was super nice about letting her make the call.
We were down to the bus stop at 8:35, bus came 8:37 and we were in front of Test Track at 9:04. They had just started letting people in when we approached the tapstiles so we pretty much made RD! Change of pace, Chris actually decided to make a car with ME:

IMG_6842.JPG

Usually the boys make their cars together, suprisingly enough.
Once out Chris was ready for food. Even though we'd all had a little bit o'breakfast in the lounge we were all a tad hungry and definitely thirsty since it was already high-heat o'clock in Florida. I'd heard tell they had Grey Goose in Epcot-and I found it!

IMG_6845.JPG

Behold the Strawberry Grey Goose Slush from a stand in FW :love: I want to say it was near Figment? But I could be wrong lol. Renee @ArielSRL may remember.......Wherever it was these bushes were close to it:

IMG_6844.JPG

See how those bushes are squared off? When Steve and I did the UnDiscovered Futureworld tour last year, we learned that all the bushes in FW are square because......of the future :scratchin and over in WS they're rounded; the curbs are the same. Um, that isn't the best explanation and it was much better on the tour lol, I probably should have just left this part out. But I like the picture and wanted to try giving you all a little trivia. My bad!
Back to the slush, it was gooooood. Nice and breakfast-y as any vodka slush should be. Chris got a big chocolate chip cookie so he was happy.

Our FP's weren't starting yet so we moved on to something new to the boys that Steve and I had done back in January of 2016:

IMG_6848.JPG

When we saw it, it was fairly new and we enjoyed it; on that trip it was a chance to get out of the unseasonable cold. It was colder that trip in Florida than it was in NY, like low 40's during the day. We hadn't seen it on any of our adults only trips since then because it was the same 3 movies, but they'd recently changed two of them and since the one they didn't change says POUGHKEEPSIE in it, I wanted the boys to watch.
Here are the current ( at least as of August) movies:

IMG_6850.JPG

"Get a Horse" is the one that's been there since the beginning. I didn't realize but I'd seen "Piper" before too. The boys enjoyed the films and they're all cute.
Now it was time for our first FP so we returned to TT, but not before hitting up another strawberry GG slush because #priorities. This time Ricky designed a car with me and let me do most of the designing, so we ended up with this:

IMG_6852.JPG

I know, weird and not too exciting but I never said I was a car girl. Next up was our 2nd FP and it was just about time for it since we hit TT at the end of our window. We were going to SE and I was looking forward to it, because not only had we not ridden this last Nov. with the boys but Steve and I hadn't ridden it in March or May, either. And it's a good thing we had a FP because.....

IMG_6854.JPG

Aaaaaaaalllllll those peeps that are small in the pic as well as those in the front were in the SB line. The wait was around 40 minutes which is far too long to wait for SE, as good a ride as it is. The FP line still took a good 15 minutes but it was worth it to get these pictures of Chris, who sat with me but for some reason my face didn't show up:

IMG_6859.JPG IMG_6858.JPG

LMAO! I love it! I don't know why he looks this way but his face is almost as good as his RnRc picture!
While we were riding this, I was relaxing and enjoying and thinking how we were half way through our trip. When we got to the "Thank the Phoenicians" line I turned to Chris and said "Thanks, Phoenicians!" because I'm a dork like that. He said "OMG Mom" which prompted me to say "Bye, Felicia!" I'm sure most of you remember that? Which then led to me saying, "Bye, Phoenicians!"

*AND BEHOLD THE BIRTH OF THE SECOND PART OF MY TR TITLE*
By now the slush's, club food and cookie were wearing off so after a stop in Mouse Gears to search again for my Farewell GMR AP shirt we went over to WS in search of some lunch. It was about 12:30ish and my plan was to leave Epcot by 2 for our next destination which was something we'd been wanting to try for a couple years but kept cutting out of our plans. First stop was La Cantina de San Angel followed by Les Halles because one QS stop wasn't enough. France put us in the perfect spot to begin the trek to Disney Springs; we took a boat to the BW (too hot to walk anymore!) and caught the bus. Where in DS were we going? Stay tuned, the answer might just

BOWL YOU OVER!
I know. I'm sorry. It's late.

I'm generally a lurker and don't comment much on TR's, but I want to say I've been enjoying yours! And I'm so sorry to hear about Ricky's knee!! I tore my ACL in March this year and had surgery in April. I can't imagine how it would have affected me going through it in high school when sports were such a big part of what I did. I wish him a smooth recovery!! It's a long process since certain things can't be rushed, but I'm sure he'll bounce back at a record pace being so young and athletic.

Wherever it was these bushes were close to it:

That really narrows it down :rotfl:

See how those bushes are squared off? When Steve and I did the UnDiscovered Futureworld tour last year, we learned that all the bushes in FW are square because......of the future :scratchin and over in WS they're rounded; the curbs are the same. Um, that isn't the best explanation and it was much better on the tour lol, I probably should have just left this part out. But I like the picture and wanted to try giving you all a little trivia. My bad!

I like the trivia! Kept it coming! Maybe this will be my next tour :cool1:

Nice and breakfast-y as any vodka slush should be.

:rotfl2: Of course! And it has fruit which is always part of a balanced breakfast!

LMAO! I love it! I don't know why he looks this way but his face is almost as good as his RnRc picture!

The best! :rotfl:Chris is definitely the photo star of this report!

"Thanks, Phoenicians!" because I'm a dork like that. He said "OMG Mom" which prompted me to say "Bye, Felicia!" I'm sure most of you remember that? Which then led to me saying, "Bye, Phoenicians!"

I think we should ALL thank the Grey-Goose Slushies, for the title of this trip report! :rotfl2:

I don't understand the people who say it's terrifying, seriously! It's not terrifying. The scariest part is BEFORE the actual ride! And I think your stomach would be more affected than your head!

Okay...maybe I'll be brave this time... :S I hate the feeling of going up and down, like when an airplane takes off, or during turbulence, or even riding a normal non-twilight-zone-ified elevator...but I might be able to try it once. lol

:rotfl2:

Square bushes...because...future? Okay, sure.

Back to the slush, it was gooooood. Nice and breakfast-y as any vodka slush should be.

:rotfl:

Aaaaaaaalllllll those peeps that are small in the pic as well as those in the front were in the SB line. The wait was around 40 minutes which is far too long to wait for SE, as good a ride as it is.

Oh my gosh!! That rarely happens!

The FP line still took a good 15 minutes but it was worth it to get these pictures of Chris, who sat with me but for some reason my face didn't show up:

img_6859-jpg.277000

Best face! Chris is a hoot. :rotfl2:

"Thanks, Phoenicians!" because I'm a dork like that. He said "OMG Mom" which prompted me to say "Bye, Felicia!" I'm sure most of you remember that? Which then led to me saying, "Bye, Phoenicians!"

I was so curious about this! You're such a cool mom, obviously. :cool2:

Where in DS were we going? Stay tuned, the answer might just

BOWL YOU OVER!
I know. I'm sorry. It's late.

Ariane. Oh my gawd. :sad2:

Haha kidding. I actually laughed.

You had me at slushy :love: that looks so good can’t wait to try one or two next month :drinking1
Love the pic of Chris on SE :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!