Where are we, Jersey? Bye, Phoenicians! An August 2017 TR * NEW DINING/TR LINKS*

Yay! Thanks for coming along!

:welcome: Glad to have you!

Joining in! I really enjoy reading your trip reports!
Oh, thank you :goodvibes I hope you enjoy this one, too!

Following along! :wave2:popcorn::
:wave: Glad you're here :hug:

I'm here! :wave: Looking forward to reading about your latest trip.
Hey Fiona, hope the family is doing well, glad you're here!

My first day back on the Dis for about a week and I had to hightail here to hear how all went. Looking forward to more. Boy Ricky sure is maturing, are you nervous mama?
LOL I knew you were coming back :thumbsup2 It's true, they grow up SO fast. I think I'd be more nervous with a girl?? But I actually do worry more than I thought I would with a boy!

Yay! Here!
YAY :banana: Hope your first week back to work didn't kick your butt too bad lol

Can't wait! Your boys have grown so much!
Hi there, glad you came by! Ugh it's true what everybody says about "it goes by so fast" :( Ricky will get his driver's permit in April and whenever I think about that I get a lump in my throat!

Following along...
:welcome: my fellow New-Yorker ( I assume!)!

I'm here. Yay, it's started!
Oh it most definitely HAS started lol, glad you're back with me :)

I'm here can't wait :goodvibes
Hey Tammy, thanks for coming along again and say hello to Kathy!

Yay! Can't wait to read all about it! Your boys are so grown up......Ricky looks like a young man now.
Doesn't he :sad1: And his voice has gotten so deep, too.

I was looking in at Jack (17) the other day and thought how can this bearded, broad shouldered man be my baby?
I don't even want to think about 17, I can imagine your pain (and pride :goodvibes) And yes OMG the beards lol! Some of the kids Ricky plays football and basketball with look more like men than my husband does! Over 6ft, beards, legs hairier than a spiders :scared1:

I totally hear you on difficult children at times......I liken raising teenage boys to herding cats at the best of times, LOL!
:laughing: When I talk to my friends with girls I often think they're harder, but there are definitely challenges with boys I never though about! Fun though.....usually :rolleyes1

I've been looking forward to this...

And here it is! Hopefully I won't slack as much with this as I did with my last PTR

I am joining in! I have lurked on your last couple of TR's but am finally coming out of lurk-dom to say hello!
:PinkbouncWell I'm so glad you decided to say hello and I'm glad you're here!

I have never stayed at YC or Wilderness...YC isn't super high on my list (we stay at Beach Club pretty frequently though!) but WL is so beautiful and it's my dream to stay there one day!
We've stayed at BWV 4x and then BCV once, so I figured at some point we should try YC to round it out lol. A few years ago I had absolutely NO desire at all to try WL; the theming just did nothing for me. But then I kept reading @xlsm's TR's where she gushed on and on about it and I was like, "what the heck is this WL all about??" So glad I decided to try it because it is 100% my favorite resort now :love: I do hope you get to stay there one day!

I am also devastated about GMR closing...like...I cried when I heard the news. My boyfriend looked at me like I was nuts!
While we were riding Ricky kept asking me if I was crying so I tried sucking it up and saying "no" in a normal, non-stuffy voice but he could see right through.............

I am working on my TR from December (still :rotfl:
lol I'll have to take a jump over and check it out since it's still going on!

I am looking forward to reading all about your trip!
I hope I can keep your interest again :-)

:hippie:

Following
:welcome: thanks or coming by!

I see how it is... no flare... making me come ALL the way over to the trip reports board to find you...
I just like making you youngsters work :rotfl2:

(but it's friday and you know I love you so here I am anyway)
Well I love you too :hug: so I guess you just visit the old folks' home on Fridays? :P

Awesome, so glad you're coming along with me again :thumbsup2

I'm here, too! Reading in the dark in a hotel room while we wait for the girls to fall asleep. Vacations are fun!!!
:rotfl: It's just not Disney, right?? I'm glad it appears your room situation as straightened out though :rolleyes: and I do hope you guys are having fun. And of course I'm glad you're here!

I'm here :cool2::cool2:
(hey, is that emoji wearing eclipse glasses??)

Can't wait to hear how the trip went!!!

YAY :banana: Hope your first week back to work didn't kick your butt too bad lol
Actually I'm three weeks in (2 for the students) and yes, these 3 weeks have totally kicked my butt. Lol. But I'm slowly catching up on reports. I still think I need to read more of your May report....

Fun start! I just finished you last food report--loved it--so I'm happy to see this new trip report!

Hi from Jersey, checking in. I am so sad that I missed riding GMR one last time, as we are arriving in 2 days and its already closed :sad:. Looking forward to reading your TR, I just finished your last one.

I just found this and I am in! Looking forward to a report filled with your great humor and sarcasm!
I shall try to deliver :-) Glad you're here!

I'm here :cool2::cool2:
(hey, is that emoji wearing eclipse glasses??)
Yay!
Yeah probably, darn emoji's buying them all up are why they're sold out everywhere :rolleyes:

Can't wait to hear how the trip went!!!
It's an interesting one!

Hi Ariane - I can't wait to hear about your trip, especially your experience at WL CL. :)
Hey Sue, It was such a treat staying CL and the CM's there were fabulous

I like @pepperandchips had to come all the way over here and find you myself. I'm now exhausted thank you very much and need a drink:drinking1
I think both you and @pepperandchips were :drinking1while trying to find my report, because I posted at the end of my PTR that I started it! Pay attention guys!!!!

Actually I'm three weeks in (2 for the students) and yes, these 3 weeks have totally kicked my butt. Lol. But I'm slowly catching up on reports. I still think I need to read more of your May report....
Um, guess I lost a couple weeks there :blush:

Fun start! I just finished you last food report--loved it--so I'm happy to see this new trip report!
Thanks for reading that one, and :welcome: over here!

Hi from Jersey, checking in.
Hey neighbor :wave2:

I am so sad that I missed riding GMR one last time, as we are arriving in 2 days and its already closed :sad:
I've seen your posts in the Aug. 2017 thread :) I'm so sorry you missed GMR, it stinks that they announced the closing so close to the actual closing date. I do hope you guys have an amazing time though!

Looking forward to reading your TR, I just finished your last one.
I hope you enjoyed that one and I'm glad you're here!

I'm here and can't get wait! Because I need to keep reading lots of reports instead of finishing my to-do list, right? ;)

I keep reading the title and thinking of Bye Felicia! :rotfl:

Hey I'm here!! Excited to hear more about your trip! I forgot to ask you more about the Pirates and Pals actually when I saw you, or maybe that was before you did it, I can't remember!!

What up my peeps? Hmm, maybe I'm too old to talk like that. How about this

You are not at all old to talk like that. Or if you are, I am too lol​

we did the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Cruise

Can't wait to hear more!

I'm here and can't get wait! Because I need to keep reading lots of reports instead of finishing my to-do list, right? ;)
Yay, glad you're here :cheer2: Thank you for spending time with me instead of packing lol.

I keep reading the title and thinking of Bye Felicia! :rotfl:
You just might have made the connection ;)

im in! love your reports!
:welcome: and thank you! I'm glad you enjoy them :goodvibes

Hey I'm here!! Excited to hear more about your trip! I forgot to ask you more about the Pirates and Pals actually when I saw you, or maybe that was before you did it, I can't remember!!
Hi Kathy, and welcome back! I loved seeing all your pictures after we left and loved that you had time to post on your PTR while you were there! I'll be sure to write lots when I get to the P&P cruise, and you can always text me if you have other questions. So happy we got to meet :hug:

Bring it on Lady! Can't wait to hear about the adventures! As an aside DH and I LOVE YC...so hoping you had an awesome stay there too.

I'm here!!! Can't wait to read about your trip! :cool1: I should be packing...but DH disappeared, and I have tomorrow off to finish that...:surfweb:

When I get to our last rides you're going to have to endure numerous pictures, sorry!
So looking forward to seeing your pics, since we won't be able to ride GMR again :sad1:

Joining in! Sounds like yall had a blast! Can't wait to read about splitsville - we have been talking about going for about 3 trips now and never made it either!

THE NIGHT I ALMOST STARVED MY FAMILY TO DEATH
OR, ARRIVAL NIGHT
Here we GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now some of you Know we had to change our dates when Ricky decided to play football for school. Originally we were flying out of Westchester airport which is about 50 minutes from us on Aug. 23rd, but when we moved our dates up the airfare was crazy so we changed to Hartford, CT. which is about 90 minutes away. Yeah, not the most fun but what can you do? The price difference was pretty darn huge. With the new dates and flights we were leaving at 5:20pm.

And then the flight was delayed until 6:20.
Not that bad except I don't like getting in late to begin with and this would make it even later. Oh well, we ate some dinner which I did not take pictures of because airport food isn't pretty. I did take some pictures of us waiting for our flight though:

IMG_6443.JPG

IMG_6445.JPG

Does this look familiar to those of you with kids?? What the heck did we do in airports before all the electronics???

Our flight wasn't delayed any longer and we landed at 9:09 instead of 8:08. We needed to go to luggage claim because I hadn't received our ME tags-I know, TA and I don't get my own tags. It's so much more convenient having ME take your luggage but I also didn't want it delivered after midnight, and even with our original 8:08 arrival I was afraid that would happen so after one additional call to ME to find out where our tags were, I gave up
We were finally on ME at 9:53, whoo-hoo!!! And then we sat until 10:19, whoo-hoo!!! Not. This is the part Steve hates and I have to hear it every single time. I thought we were getting a taxi but.....................so we arrived at the first hotel of our stay at 10: 40 thanks to a lead-footed driver:

IMG_6682.JPG

Ha ha nice picture right?? It was dark when we arrived at the Yacht Club and this is the only picture of the outside of the resort I took during our stay. It's the corner of the resort closest to the HS walking path; our room was on the side. So bottom line we were as far from the lobby and everything else as one could get! Similar to our last experience at BWV, this was about a 10 minute walk to our room. And when you're tired and STARVING like we were when we got there, it seems even longer. I took these the next day but here's the view from our room:
Straight ahead woods:

IMG_6493.JPG

Looking to the left, that's the path in front of the resort. The BC is to the left, BW across and if you walk to the right you'll be heading towards the Swolphin resorts and HS:
IMG_6495.JPG

Neat constellation curtains!
IMG_6492.JPG

And the rug in the hallway which I really loved:
IMG_6539.JPG

Not the best view but we were only here 2 nights so it didn't much matter. For awhile there with our trips we were on an "awesome room view" streak but sadly that seems to have ended for now......and I completely failed to take any pictures of the refurbished room, sorry! It was nice I guess but I'm not a fan of no carpet. Back to arrival night!

As I said above we were starving, and I knew we would be. We'd had DD bagels and wraps at 4 and it was now 11. When we switched from POP for these 2 nights (Oh, if you didn't read my PTR, we were originally at POP until Steve decided we needed to switch) I told Steve while the food court at POP was open until midnight, our options would be limited even in the BW area after 10. We had decided we would most likely go over to Picabu at the Dolphin which is 24 hours and seems to have some good options. Well, once we got there and made the long traipse to our room, the complaining go so loud and out of hand and nobody wanted to walk ALL the way over there to eat. Like they were going to have a choice with the walking :laughing:

We went to the new marketplace at the YC which was just about to close but the shelves with the pre-made stuff were bare and we all needed more than a snack. Out to the BW we went but again, nobody wanted to walk all the way to the Swolphin. They would however walk over to the BWI/V area to see if the bakery was still open even after I told them it wouldn't be?? And what is the difference in walking distance??? I just went with it because the whining and attitude I was already getting was enough. As I knew, the bakery was closed and the only window open was the margarita one, which wasn't a bad thing except they only had Mickey pretzels by way of food. We ended up ordering from the pizza window. We did this on arrival night in Nov. 2015 not knowing any better. I'm sorry if I offend anyone (not really) but, this has got to be the worst pizza in the world. I really, truly hope it is because if anyone serves pizza that tastes worse than this they should be shut down immediately. When we ordered in 2015 we all ate it because 1. the kids didn't think it was that bad and 2. Steve and I ordered the supreme and the toppings kind of masked the nastiness. This time Steve and I just couldn't stomach it after 2 bites so we ended up getting pretzels. Chris saw nothing wrong with the pizza; Ricky didn't like it but wanted more than pretzels and so he ate it. Yuck. Between our later arrival time, wait on ME, room that was far, far away, and not good late night meal, arrival night was kinda crappy. The one saving grace for me at least besides being in my happy place was sitting on the Boardwalk, which is always peaceful late at night.

IMG_6447.JPG

There were other people there but it wasn't busy and sitting there was nice. Eventually we made it back to the room and went to bed after very minimal unpacking; the next day was one of a few rope drop days I had planned. Let's hope a good day made up for a less than magical arrival night! I promise more pictures in the next post and less words :thumbsup2

OUR FIRST ROPE DROP MORNING OF THE TRIP! MAYBE? AND I THANK KATHY BATES AND JESSICA TANDY FOR THE TURN ON

That pizza is the worst! I'm pretty sure Digiorno pizza would be better. At least the food could only get better from that point!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!