where can a solo find someone to share a cabin on DCL

dhamilt

Earning My Ears
My mom ( 58 )has a cat. 10 cabin reserved for the 9/11 western Cruise. Her travel friend has backed out. My dh, ds, dd and I are on the same cruise. She is very sad about not being able to go now. She would love to find someone to share her cabin so she can still afford to go. Does anyone have a suggestion how she might be matched with another solo traveler?

Have you thought about paying the difference it would cost for your daughter to stay in the room with her grandma?
That way you would have more room in your cabin (which is very small) and Grandma would have some alone time with her grandaughter. Peggie

There is actually a cruise board on the DIS and there are many wonderful people on there that I'm sure could help you out. Several "singles" that go cruising that may be able to adapt their plans to go with your mom.

I don't want to imply anything about your mom, but are there senior day centers or activity groups that meet in her area that she could post a request?

Brenda

ROTFL! Senior Day Center? I know - It's a relevant suggestion I suppose. It's just that I will be 53 in December, so not much younger than her mom, and well . . Do I look like I go to a Senior Day Center? (DON'T answer that!) - -
<center>
TiggerSM062004.jpg
DaleSM062004.jpg
</center>

I park-hop at WDW all day at least a couple of times per week. LOL.

If I didn't already have the eastern Magic booked for Oct. 30, I might be interested. I did the western last time and loved it! My grown nephew's airline schedule may cause him to back out, and I'll be solo in Cat. 7 again.

If you do seek a roommate from the boards whom your mother has not met, be VERY careful. We of the "over 50" group can be quite set in our ways and difficult to "live" with! :teeth:

Originally posted by taswira
ROTFL! Senior Day Center? I know - It's a relevant suggestion I suppose. It's just that I will be 53 in December, so not much younger than her mom, and well . . Do I look like I go to a Senior Day Center?
A lot can happen in 5 years..., Tas :wave2:

Well - Tell that to my nearly 82 year old mom! She still park-hops, too and is anxious to cruise again but I'm not taking her this time. :teeth:

I know that I have to be *so* careful with the senior day care suggestion as that seems to conjure up images of bingo and people who are immobile.

My church partners with a senior center, any one 50 or older can participate in the programs and a younger person can be a "guest" along any of their trips. They plan day trips to local attractions as well as national outings. These people are anything but "feeble". Most of them have me beat in the physically fit department and they are ACTIVE ACTIVE ACTIVE canoeing, backpacking, you name it they do it.

So perhaps "activity center" would be a better name for it? I don't know if they are something that is even available nationally but it seemed like the kind of place one might be able to connect with other travelers.

(And I have no doubts that an 82 year old mom could whip my butt with how far/long she could travel around the parks)

Good Luck!

Brenda

Originally posted by JC Butterfly
I know that I have to be *so* careful with the senior day care suggestion as that seems to conjure up images of bingo and people who are immobile.
No offense was taken - It just made me LAUGH! :teeth: Except for my mom, most of the time I tend to hang out with people who are from ten to even thirty years <I>younger</I> than I am. Yet I don't try to hide my age. I guess that's why my "vision" of someone in their 50's at a senior center just sent me ROTFL! :hyper:

But on the flip side, I have also seen some people in their twenties and thirties act like senior citizens at WDW! :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter