Where did the Disney Ships Go?

CaliMike

Earning My Ears
Recently all four ships were docked in Port Canaveral, but now they are all gone. Anyone know where they went?

Recently all four ships were docked in Port Canaveral, but now they are all gone. Anyone know where they went?
...all 4 weren't in PC recently.

Magic is in Europe, floating near Dover. Wonder did the Panama Canal traverse and is headed towards PC but has not been there yet this summer. Only Fantasy and Dream have spent significant time at PC in the last 60-90 days.

Fantasy and Dream are currently near Curacao.

Close. 3 were there together and 1 (Wonder or maybe the Magic) was on the west coast. although we’ve only been down as a country for a little over three months it seems like almost a full year doesn’t it?

although we’ve only been down as a country for a little over three months it seems like almost a full year doesn’t it?

Yes, it does. At least barber shops are back open. It was starting to look real 1970's in our area with months of no haircuts.

The drone video showing 3 ships in Port Canaveral was of the Dream, Fantasy and Magic when they were all 3 in port to transfer crew members between ships, in preparation for the Magic to make the trans Atlantic passage to repatriate European crew members. Since then the Wonder has transited the Panama Canal East and met up with the Fantasy and Dream in Curacao for more crew repatriation, the Wonder since has departed for Port Canaveral leaving the Dream and Fantasy hanging out around Curacao.

The drone video showing 3 ships in Port Canaveral was of the Dream, Fantasy and Magic when they were all 3 in port to transfer crew members between ships, in preparation for the Magic to make the trans Atlantic passage to repatriate European crew members. Since then the Wonder has transited the Panama Canal East and met up with the Fantasy and Dream in Curacao for more crew repatriation, the Wonder since has departed for Port Canaveral leaving the Dream and Fantasy hanging out around Curacao.
I knew it was something like that. I’m not sure if it’s me or my stubborn phone, my search capability is often thwarted.

Wonder is docked at Port Canaveral right now. I check out portcanaveralwebcam.com to try and find the Disney ships.

The Dream and Fantasy left Curacao 2 days ago, and are headed back to Port Canaveral... Wondering if we might get another "meeting" of the sisters in port again like they did with the Magic. That would be great!

On Cruisemapper, the Dream is now headed back to Curacao. Yesterday she stopped traveling toward PC with the Fantasy. Just seemed to putter around for a day or so with PC still listed as her destination but is now slowly heading back to Curacao.

Wouldn't that be awesome to see, BartmanLA? I saw a lovely video of that meeting.

Does anyone remember when the Wonder was last at Port Canaveral?

2018?

7-Night Eastern Caribbean | Disney Wonder
Sailing from Port Canaveral, FL – Philipsburg, St. Maarten; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Disney Castaway Cay
2018 Sail Dates | Feb 18 • Mar 4

Found a later date Spring 2018

3-Night Bahamian | Disney Dream, Disney Wonder &
Disney Fantasy
Sailing from Port Canaveral, FL – Nassau, Bahamas;
Disney Castaway Cay
Disney Dream
2017 Sail Dates | May 5, 12, 19, 26 • Jul 14, 21, 28 • Aug 4, 11, 18, 25
Sep 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 • Oct 6, 13, 20, 27
Nov 3, 10, 17, 24 • Dec 1, 8, 15, 26*
2018 Sail Dates l Jan 2, 5, 12, 19, 26 • Feb 2, 9, 16, 23 • Mar 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
Apr 6, 13, 20, 27 • May 4, 11, 18, 25 • Jul 13, 20, 27
Aug 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 • Sep 7, 14, 21, 28
Disney Wonder
2018 Sail Dates l Feb 8 • Mar 15, 22, 29* • Apr 5*
Disney Fantasy
2017 Sail Date | May 17**
2018 Sail Date | Jul 11
*Day at sea instead of Nassau, Bahamas
**Additional stop at Disney Castaway Cay instead of Nassau, Bahamas

Good detective work, Fighting Irishman. Had no idea she had been there that recently. Thanks.

On Cruisemapper, the Dream is now headed back to Curacao. Yesterday she stopped traveling toward PC with the Fantasy. Just seemed to putter around for a day or so with PC still listed as her destination but is now slowly heading back to Curacao.
So if I understand the ship planned to go to PC but changed it’s mind? Now would that be illness or someone forgot to get off ship? Maybe had to get home for an emergency?

Of course, I only know what the Cruisemapper listed as destination. Both the Fantasy and Dream were headed to PC but then Friday morning, the Dream slowed down and pretty much circled around NW of Barbados. Then by yesterday the destination was changed to Curacao and she headed slowly back to that island.

I can't imagine it is illness as she is moving slowly and just puttered around for a day. I also think there is no way someone would forget to get off the ship. My best guess is that there may be a new opportunity to repatriate a crew member(s). Since she is going so slowly, I would guess any such flight is not imminent. I suppose there is also a chance that someone is flying in to Curacao to join the crew. At some point I think it is possible that existing crew will need to be replaced even if it is a much, much reduced crew??

As with all our musings these days, this is all just supposition.

I found personal Navigators from the 2019 14-Night Westbound Panama Canal Cruise from Port Canaveral.

The Disney Wonder set sail from Port Canaveral on February 24, 2019.

The Wonder Used to go to San Juan and sail 7 night round trip southern Caribbean itineraries for several years then go to Canaveral for a month or so before going back through the panama canal. In 2021, she isn't scheduled to sail from San Juan or Port Canaveral At all. The sailings from there were replaced with more Galveston and New Orleans Sailings.

I was hoping to do one of the 7 nights from San Juan this next year, but that is (obviously) not in the cards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter