Where did the Disney Ships Go?

I found personal Navigators from the 2019 14-Night Westbound Panama Canal Cruise from Port Canaveral.

The Disney Wonder set sail from Port Canaveral on February 24, 2019.
Yes, we were on that cruise. Four nights in WDW prior, 14-night westbound Panama Canal, and four nights at Disneyland after arrival in San Diego. I wonder (no pun intended) when we might be able to do a repeat of that, if ever, since the Wonder may be sailing out of the Gulf ports (Galveston and New Orleans) in the future as new ships come on line.

Yes, we were on that cruise. Four nights in WDW prior, 14-night westbound Panama Canal, and four nights at Disneyland after arrival in San Diego. I wonder (no pun intended) when we might be able to do a repeat of that, if ever, since the Wonder may be sailing out of the Gulf ports (Galveston and New Orleans) in the future as new ships come on line.

I feel like the Panama Canal Sailings are incredibly popular. I'd be surprised if they stopped offering them.

Port Canaveral announced that all 3 new ships would sail from Canaveral initially and Disney confirmed it so I don't thing that would interrupt the wonder's Schedule too much.

Every few days, I have been following the ships via
marinetraffic.com

They have up-to-date locations. It's been fun noting the various stops they have made to repatriate crew. Multiple runs to Castaway Cay, too.

Sunday afternoon,
Magic - Dover, England - since June 10
Wonder - left PC for Castaway Cay
Fantasy - left Willemstad, Curacao, on June 28, headed for PC
Dream - left Bullenbay, Curacao, on June 28, to arrive Willemstad, Curacao, on July 6.

Various stops for the ships have been Barbados, Grenada, Honduras.

I feel like the Panama Canal Sailings are incredibly popular. I'd be surprised if they stopped offering them.

Port Canaveral announced that all 3 new ships would sail from Canaveral initially and Disney confirmed it so I don't thing that would interrupt the wonder's Schedule too much.
The 2020 and 2021 Panama Canal crossings sail to or from New Orleans instead of Port Canaveral, and stop in Cozumel instead of Castaway Cay. It sounds like the post you replied to was sad that it will be several years, if ever, before the Canal crossings return to Port Canaveral and CC.

The 2020 and 2021 Panama Canal crossings sail to or from New Orleans instead of Port Canaveral, and stop in Cozumel instead of Castaway Cay. It sounds like the post you replied to was sad that it will be several years, if ever, before the Canal crossings return to Port Canaveral and CC.

The original post I was replying to cast doubt on whether they would continue to do panama Canal sailings at all, not necessarily the stops. Your statements above are very much correct however.

Neat. I wonder if it will be considered as a stop on future Southern Caribbean sailings.

Thanks for the posting.
If I were that country I would require something for the future to help my economy. Do we know anything about them? I don’t remember them from the past. Have we been there? What were the port adventures about? Anyone been there even if on a different ship?

Oh, I expect them to continue. My comment had to do with the Wonder sailing from Port Canaveral at the beginning of the Panama Canal cruise in 2019. That allowed us to head to WDW prior to the cruise departure. I expect future canal cruises will start or end in the Gulf of Mexico, either Galveston or New Orleans, making a WDW-cruise combination unlikely.

Every few days, I have been following the ships via
marinetraffic.com

They have up-to-date locations. It's been fun noting the various stops they have made to repatriate crew. Multiple runs to Castaway Cay, too.

Sunday afternoon,
Magic - Dover, England - since June 10
Wonder - left PC for Castaway Cay
Fantasy - left Willemstad, Curacao, on June 28, headed for PC
Dream - left Bullenbay, Curacao, on June 28, to arrive Willemstad, Curacao, on July 6.

Various stops for the ships have been Barbados, Grenada, Honduras.

Interesting. Cruisemapper has shown some different information. I wonder which is more accurate? Both Fantasy and Dream left the Curacao area days after the 28th. I think the 2nd but may have been the 1st. On the third although the site still listed PC as her destination, the Dream started lingering to the NW of Curacao and as I noted changed her destination back to Curacao on the 4th. Just now, the site lists her speed at 16 knots, she is headed NW and has cleared the Northern end of the island. Still lists Curacao as her destination but I wonder if that will change?

Checking that site has been a daily "event" for me the last few months after one of our cruises was cancelled. The Fantasy stopped at a number of islands over the past month or so. She traveled to Cozumel, the Honduras, The Dominican Republic, St. Vinvent, Grenada, St. George, Trinidad, Southfiere, Jamaica and finally Curacao just last week according to that site.

Interesting. Cruisemapper has shown some different information. I wonder which is more accurate? Both Fantasy and Dream left the Curacao area days after the 28th. I think the 2nd but may have been the 1st. On the third although the site still listed PC as her destination, the Dream started lingering to the NW of Curacao and as I noted changed her destination back to Curacao on the 4th. Just now, the site lists her speed at 16 knots, she is headed NW and has cleared the Northern end of the island. Still lists Curacao as her destination but I wonder if that will change?

Checking that site has been a daily "event" for me the last few months after one of our cruises was cancelled. The Fantasy stopped at a number of islands over the past month or so. She traveled to Cozumel, the Honduras, The Dominican Republic, St. Vinvent, Grenada, St. George, Trinidad, Southfiere, Jamaica and finally Curacao just last week according to that site.

I see her shown on map as off NW coast of Curacao, at 18 knots; so probably the same general area as you are seeing.

I’m thinking they list the closest port; not that they are actually docked. The Magic is listed as Dover and shows on the map as being out in the water. I imagine it’s safer to be away from fixed hard objects such as piers. And then I imagine taking a berth just eats up more money.

The Fantasy appears to be nearing PC.

We really do need to get a life - or better yet— a cruise. :)

Each time I looked this afternoon, she was picking up speed. The Fantasy did as well this afternoon after sailing at 12 or so knots/hr.

Totally agree we need a cruise!!! :boat:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!