Where do I buy gold Mouseears, like 7/17 ones?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I'll be at DL on Friday, 7/22. Where would I go to buy the gold Mouseears like I see in the pictures from the 17th? And are the ones I'll find for sale exactly like the ones from the 17th or slightly different?

They are slightly different. They won't have June 17, 2005 on the back and the front is different too.

Although I'm sure there are many of the 17th ones on E-bay right now.

Instead of the iron on decal on the front, the normal golden ears have a cloth patch on it with the 50 logo & a marching Mickey Mouse - you can have your name embroidered on the back. That hat itself is just the same.

The ones you can buy are in my sig. Pic of Mickey on them, the ones for the 17th had the 50th logo and embroidered with July 17, 2005. You will not be able to buy those ones. The ones from yesterday DL would not embroider (you could do it yourself though) the regular golden ears they will embroider names on the back. My daughter wanted Minnie ears, so when we bought her Mickey ears, we had them make them Minnie for her. Only a few places that sell the ears can make the Minnie ears so ask. You can buy the ears at most merchandise locations throughout the park. There are only about 5 or so locations that can embroider on them. I think if you buy them that day you can have them embroidered for free at most of the locations. The one in the front (by the Steamboat Willie mural) uses a different type of machine and I know for most things they charge. I got the impression one time I was in the shop, that they charged to embroider the mouse ears also. You can buy the mouse ears, and then take it to the locations that will make them minnie. I can't remember the cost for this but it was under $2 (I didn't pay, and I didn't pay attention how much extra it was to convert them).

they also sell them in world of disney and DCA. I know they can embroider them in greetings, not sure where else.

Donna

Okay while it may be a nice shot of my daughter wearing her ears, I guess you can't really get a good pic of what they look like.

Here's they are:
AP_GoldenEars_d.jpg

dletz said:
The ones you can buy are in my sig. Pic of Mickey on them, the ones for the 17th had the 50th logo and embroidered with July 17, 2005. You will not be able to buy those ones. The ones from yesterday DL would not embroider (you could do it yourself though) the regular golden ears they will embroider names on the back. My daughter wanted Minnie ears, so when we bought her Mickey ears, we had them make them Minnie for her. Only a few places that sell the ears can make the Minnie ears so ask. You can buy the ears at most merchandise locations throughout the park. There are only about 5 or so locations that can embroider on them. I think if you buy them that day you can have them embroidered for free at most of the locations. The one in the front (by the Steamboat Willie mural) uses a different type of machine and I know for most things they charge. I got the impression one time I was in the shop, that they charged to embroider the mouse ears also. You can buy the mouse ears, and then take it to the locations that will make them minnie. I can't remember the cost for this but it was under $2 (I didn't pay, and I didn't pay attention how much extra it was to convert them).

they also sell them in world of disney and DCA. I know they can embroider them in greetings, not sure where else.

Donna

I recently picked up the golden ears for Miri at the Mad Hatter location in Fantasyland. I know that you could make the minnie ears there AND at that location, they still use the had controlled embroidery machines instead of the computer controlled.

dletz said:
I think if you buy them that day you can have them embroidered for free at most of the locations. The one in the front (by the Steamboat Willie mural) uses a different type of machine and I know for most things they charge. I got the impression one time I was in the shop, that they charged to embroider the mouse ears also. You can buy the mouse ears, and then take it to the locations that will make them minnie. I can't remember the cost for this but it was under $2 (I didn't pay, and I didn't pay attention how much extra it was to convert them).
The Mad Hatter's (near the entrance) doesn't charge to embroider mouseears. They do charge for the other hats. I bought my kids Mouseears at the Emporium, and toook them to Mad Hatter's, showed the reciept, and they embroider them for free.

I bought my ears at the Showcase store (first store on the right as you enter Main Street), and took them to the Frontierland hat shop, and they embroidered them by hand. As long as you have your receipt you won't be charged for embroidering the ears.

There is a cart on Main Street, near the Main Plaza (flag pole) that sells the ears also.

Thanks everyone! I'll be looking for those ears Friday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter