Where do I get AP activated?

adlitam

Earning My Ears
I will be purchasing an AP for the first time so we can take advantage of the room discounts.

My question is - when I check into the AKL, do I have to have an activated AP to be sure we get the room discount or will the voucher do?

Thanks!

- Joyce
:wave:

Technically yes, it must be activated so that you have a card with your name on it. You just need to stop by the guest services located at the entrace to all of the theme parks to have it exchanged. You could always try to register at your hotel without it, then explain you haven't had a chance to get it activated yet. I would think they would just have you stop back by to show your card later, or not even ask for your card at all. It is up to whoever is working the front desk at the time. I have always had mine already activated, but I have never been asked to show it either. I guess it would be up to you and what you want to do.

Laura

You can also get your AP activated at DTD or TTC. If you have not purchased a voucher, you can buy an activated AP at the Disney stores in the Orlando airport. LOL. ::MickeyMo

When we stayed at AKL a few years ago, we used an AP discount. We didn't have it activated yet when we checked in. They did ask for it, but we said it wasn't activated. They said to bring it back activated before check-out in order to get the discount. It was no problem for us and the check-in folks had no problems with it either.

RyMickey

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter