Where do you start?

If watching youtube videos and reading articles, make sure they are up to date. I looked for years and the one major drawback that I read is that it wasn't worth it if you did not go for 2-3 weeks. That is so wrong! Like most, wished we bought in sooner than we did! Good luck and enjoy the ride!

Thinking about purchasing DVC but have done zero research. Can someone tell me where to start? Thank you!

Here is where I'd start...

First - try learn about the resorts. Pros and cons are subjective, but this video is pretty good when it comes to WDW resorts and gives you an idea of things to think about:

Second - learn how use years work with banking deadlines, and how they align with your travel plans. You don't want a March use year if you travel in January, for example.

Third - buy your first contract resale at one of the pre-Riviera (aka "O14") resorts. You'd be giving up direct perks like EPCOT lounge or Moonlight Magic but you'd reap the primary benefit of having access to 14 resorts, including Hawaii. By buying resale you are minimizing your "exit cost" in case you decide DVC was a bad idea. On the resale market you're paying the "market price" and if you sell a year later you will probably recover most of what you paid, less commissions and such. With a typical direct purchase, you will likely lose much more if you sell shortly thereafter.

Fourth - Keep an eye on incentives. 2023 had some great deals on direct DVC buys at AKV and VGF that arguably made the direct purchase a no-brainer, especially VGF. Many here wish they bought more at the time...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter