Where In The World 21. We are now completely legal!!!

Got a good laugh from our local weekly newspaper this evening. The Editor writes a weekly column in the sports section titled "Sidelines". This week he writes, "The hardiest sports fans are not those that sit up in the Frozen Tundra of Green Bay or Buffalo, N.Y. watching football with their shirts off. Nor is it those who opt to sit at an outdoor hockey rink watching gladiators collide below in Chicago. Nope, the hardiest are those down here in Texas who will brave the elements to sit through a spring sports scrimmage. Years ago, the joke was when the cold weather comes, it's time for baseball season in Texas. Then we changed it to softball season and now we can say soccer season. Scrimmages are important but I still maintain that no one has ever won a championship by being a good scrimmage team. But anyone who can sit through a blustery cold scrimmage for several hours, watching something that's end result is really meaningless, now that's a true fan. I know a few weeks ago our local soccer teams participated in a scrimmage in some bitterly cold weather. I wasn't there. But I've seen pictures and heard the stories. I won't mention any names, but I saw a photo of a fan who was so bundled up, I'm not sure how she moved at all. She was well layered and it is my understanding she toughed it out the entire ordeal. That's a scrimmage fan." He went on how when he was in high school and was required to participate in a track meet during VERY cold weather (he's originally from north Texas). One of his fondest memories was looking up in the stands, which were almost empty, before his race and seeing his father sitting there watching. :lovestruc

Guess who he was talking about? :lmao:

i-TT33s3h-L.jpg

He and I have this "thing going"...we call it "GOT YA"...well...he got me this time! :faint: :tink:

Got a good laugh from our local weekly newspaper this evening. The Editor writes a weekly column in the sports section titled "Sidelines". This week he writes, "The hardiest sports fans are not those that sit up in the Frozen Tundra of Green Bay or Buffalo, N.Y. watching football with their shirts off. Nor is it those who opt to sit at an outdoor hockey rink watching gladiators collide below in Chicago. Nope, the hardiest are those down here in Texas who will brave the elements to sit through a spring sports scrimmage. Years ago, the joke was when the cold weather comes, it's time for baseball season in Texas. Then we changed it to softball season and now we can say soccer season. Scrimmages are important but I still maintain that no one has ever won a championship by being a good scrimmage team. But anyone who can sit through a blustery cold scrimmage for several hours, watching something that's end result is really meaningless, now that's a true fan. I know a few weeks ago our local soccer teams participated in a scrimmage in some bitterly cold weather. I wasn't there. But I've seen pictures and heard the stories. I won't mention any names, but I saw a photo of a fan who was so bundled up, I'm not sure how she moved at all. She was well layered and it is my understanding she toughed it out the entire ordeal. That's a scrimmage fan." He went on how when he was in high school and was required to participate in a track meet during VERY cold weather (he's originally from north Texas). One of his fondest memories was looking up in the stands, which were almost empty, before his race and seeing his father sitting there watching. :lovestruc

i-TT33s3h-L.jpg

He and I have this "thing going"...we call it "GOT YA"...well...he got me this time! :faint: :tink:

That's sweet:goodvibes but kind of funny at the same time.:rotfl:

Speaking of cold. It was 12 degrees this morning and Laura had the window open for like 3 hours and then after she shuts it says how cold it is in the office. :headache:

Speaking of cold. It was 12 degrees this morning and Laura had the window open for like 3 hours and then after she shuts it says how cold it is in the office. :headache:

:crazy: AN OPEN WINDOW IN 12 DEGREE WEATHER? :crazy: Now THAT'S CRAZY! :crazy2: :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2: I thought the article was very funny and I laughed out loud when I read, "I won't mention any names"! :rotfl: He and I went "back and forth" that night on Facebook because HE decided to go to the boys basketball game...in the WARM gym...instead of covering soccer. :rolleyes: I asked him if an "old lady" was tougher than he was! :rolleyes1 Was also very sweet; could really tell how much it meant to him to see his Dad in the stands. He went on to say, as a freshman, he got SMOKED by the upper classmen :rotfl:but he didn't really care...his Dad was there for him. And ever BETTER in this weeks paper...Redstorm was name "Athlete of the Week" for her hat trick last Saturday! :cheer2: :tink:

i-TT33s3h-L.jpg

That's more than I wear to feed the pigs! But then you had to sit out there a long time. :cold:

At your job? I have problems going from my house, the car, lessons, rehearsals.. I dress because I'm going out in 30 degree weather but lessons and rehearsals are so hot I wish I was in a tee shirt. That's in the Jr. HS band room. I can imagine it with 70 kids! No windows.... yuck

i-xfTjjk5-Th.jpg

This silly little thing lives at an other. :goodvibes:tink:

Boardwalk or DS? Is it a frog?

That's more than I wear to feed the pigs! But then you had to sit out there a long time. :cold:

Yes...just sitting for 1 1/2 hours and it was COLD. I could never wear that much clothes and do physical activity! :rotfl2: Usually use DH's old Army jacket for that...or a small hooded jacket. If I'm "active", I'm usually comfortable in colder weather with the exception of my hands and feet...and Diane recommended some GOOD "northern gloves :goodvibes" for me that I ordered last week. :goodvibes :tink:

At your job?

Yes at my job. The woman I work with likes to open the window in the office all the time, even in the winter when it's cold. I think she does it just because she knows I'm always cold. She is so mean to me and everyone and I can't stand working with her. She absolutely hates the other administrative assistant that works in the afternoons and I get the feeling she doesn't like me very much either. I don't know why she works at a school she doesn't like kids and is really mean to them. I try to ignore her but have a hard time when she has the window open and it's freezing in the office and she won't close it because SHE is hot and it's HER office. I can't really say anything because she has been there forever and I think the principal and asst principal are afraid of her.

Yes at my job. The woman I work with likes to open the window in the office all the time, even in the winter when it's cold. I think she does it just because she knows I'm always cold. She is so mean to me and everyone and I can't stand working with her. She absolutely hates the other administrative assistant that works in the afternoons and I get the feeling she doesn't like me very much either. I don't know why she works at a school she doesn't like kids and is really mean to them. I try to ignore her but have a hard time when she has the window open and it's freezing in the office and she won't close it because SHE is hot and it's HER office. I can't really say anything because she has been there forever and I think the principal and asst principal are afraid of her.
I hate that for you. Some people are really just that petty. You should get a little heater for your desk or something. (And blow it on her when she's not paying attention.)

Bring a small space heater and keep it at your desk, that is what I have to do.

i-xfTjjk5-Th.jpg

Good job Elizabeth :thumbsup2...I'm thinking this is a mantis too, I know it's not a snake, turtle or frog. It's not on a shelf. :tink:
Have we determined which "other " it is at yet? Now that I know it's a bug and those are big bug eyes, I am a little freaked out, I HATE BUGS!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter