Where In The World 21. We are now completely legal!!!

Cold, wet night last night; drove to Brenham this morning in HEAVY fog... 3/10's mile visibility; this afternoon it's a beautiful, clear, perfect 65 degrees. Texas weather :confused3!

i-bm5vfWh-Th.jpg

:thumbsup2 This is a baseball glove; it's in a park. :tink:

MK? Caseys?

Off to the fundraiser now for the private pre-school DD works for. Looking forward to some GOOD food and silent auction items. They even have a condo in Orlando up for auction! (I think I'll skip that one...wouldn't want to stay off property...then we'd have to DRIVE! :eek:)

i-bm5vfWh-Th.jpg

This is from HS so not from Casey's. :goodvibes :tink:

Toy Story?

What's wrong with driving? lol :car:

Toy Story?

What's wrong with driving? lol :car:

Fun fundraiser and excellent Italian food. SIL got his "dream" weekend of golf for a mere $800 :faint:. (Private country club with yearly dues of $12,000...membership fee $100,000...he wanted that SO bad!) Beach house in Galveston for a week went for $2,900; told my friend I can go to DW for a week on a solo trip for that much! Left before the Orlando condo came up for bid; staying on property is a must for us. One of these days DH and I MAY drive once again but it will be a 2 week trip with a week on the road and then we'll park the car! That 17 hour trip we did with only one overnight stop was the TRIP FROM HELL for us :eek: and we're so spoiled with the Disney transportation we'll never drive IN DW again. :rotfl:Never...ever. ::yes:: Magic Express is my "Cinderella carriage" princess: and I'm not planning on riding a tram from a parking lot again either. :rotfl: My cakes brought over $200 in the dessert auction too. :dance3:

i-bm5vfWh-Th.jpg

No Ma'am, not from Toy Story either. :goodvibes :tink:

Fun fundraiser and excellent Italian food. SIL got his "dream" weekend of golf for a mere $800 :faint:. (Private country club with yearly dues of $12,000...membership fee $100,000...he wanted that SO bad!) Beach house in Galveston for a week went for $2,900; told my friend I can go to DW for a week on a solo trip for that much! Left before the Orlando condo came up for bid; staying on property is a must for us. One of these days DH and I MAY drive once again but it will be a 2 week trip with a week on the road and then we'll park the car! That 17 hour trip we did with only one overnight stop was the TRIP FROM HELL for us :eek: and we're so spoiled with the Disney transportation we'll never drive IN DW again. :rotfl:Never...ever. ::yes:: Magic Express is my "Cinderella carriage" princess: and I'm not planning on riding a tram from a parking lot again either. :rotfl: My cakes brought over $200 in the dessert auction too. :dance3:

i-bm5vfWh-Th.jpg

No Ma'am, not from Toy Story either. :goodvibes :tink:

Sounds like it was quite the auction. We are about 24 hrs away last time we took 2 stops. We could have done it in one but we stopped early on the first day and stopped the second night about an hour away. May do the same thing that way we can check in early instead of late at night and wasting a day. Thought about doing DS that day to save a day in park tickets. They are so expensive. I heard they are going up next month so I have to buy tickets before then.

Is this from an attraction? GMR?

Sounds like it was quite the auction. We are about 24 hrs away last time we took 2 stops. We could have done it in one but we stopped early on the first day and stopped the second night about an hour away. May do the same thing that way we can check in early instead of late at night and wasting a day. Thought about doing DS that day to save a day in park tickets. They are so expensive. I heard they are going up next month so I have to buy tickets before then.

We left Houston that morning at 10 AM and ran into a 4 HOUR traffic jam/construction in Louisiana. :headache: By the time we got out of LA I WAS READY TO SCREAM and we were 4 hours behind! We had reservations in Tallahassee and didn't arrive at that hotel until 3 AM. We were both so tired we couldn't drive over an hour at a time. We slept until 9 AM and drove to Orlando staying at one of the non-Disney hotels in the DS area and spent that afternoon at DS. Of course, as our luck was...it was RAINING the whole evening.:umbrella: Stopped when we got back to the hotel for the night :rotfl2:and was a beautiful evening. :rolleyes: We'd planned on driving straight through on the way home. We left on a Saturday and DD needed to be home by Sunday to get ready for work. BAD mistake...and I hadn't planned on having a "highly infected finger" by that time throbbing with pain. I was on pain meds and didn't trust myself to drive over an hour at a time. DD couldn't make the whole drive by herself and I was feeling really, really bad by that time so we decided to stop in Baton Rouge...only to discover damn near EVERY hotel was full! :( Ended up staying in a "not so nice" one...slept in our clothes :rotfl2: and got 5 hours sleep getting up at the crack of dawn to make it home. I needed to get to the ER as soon as I got home and DD needed to get home. It was a nightmare and "cured" us of being adventurous and driving on the spur of the moment! :rotfl:

There's SO much different stuff at DS you'd really enjoy an afternoon/evening there instead of using a park ticket for half a day. We ate at Earl of Sandwich ... pretty cheap meal and I love their sandwiches! You're right...they're SO expensive you don't want to waste a day. You'll be at AoA so you could take the bus to the MK and monorail or boat to the Poly to watch the fireworks that night. OR...go visit some different resorts and just look around. You could explore AoA and you can walk over to POP from there and check the cool stuff there. I spent one of my mornings doing that and caught the bus to the MK from POP. Really enjoyed that. And YES...get those tickets ASAP! :tink:

They are so expensive. I heard they are going up next month so I have to buy tickets before then.

I just bought mine because I heard they were going up Jan. 4th and they did go up about $20 (on a 6 day ticket. no hopper) so I'm glad I bought them before then.

i-bm5vfWh-Th.jpg

This is not from an attraction so not in GMR. :goodvibes :tink:

Is it seasonal or always there? Inside or outside?

The numbers are in and a pretty darn good fundraiser last night for the pre-school. $63,000 worth of "pretty good"! :faint: Amazing in fact for our little town! The silent auction brought in $31,000 of that amount, thanks in part to the World Champion Astros! Tickets and "game experience" (meals in the "Diamond Restaurant", club house meet and greet and tickets directly behind home plate for 4) went for $6,200! :faint: Class sizes are limited and there aren't enough "spaces" for everyone wanting to send their children to the school. They auctioned off an "Automatic Entry"...that spot for the kindergarten class sold for $4,800 and for the 18 month class for $3,000 :eek:! Needless to say DD's boss, the Head Mistress, was beside herself! :dance3: Looks like they can buy the school van they've been wanting! :yay: :tink:

This is from Port Orleans. He's not King Triton, but he could be his brother. He's not Santa.

Are you looking for a name of the guy or a location? Looks like that guy sitting on top of the "creature" at the slide. Not sure which one is creepier ... that "thing" or the Boardwalk Clown! :rotfl::tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter