Where is everyone from (poll)

Where is your DVC family's primary residence?

• International

Votes: 37 13.1%
  • NorthEast

Votes: 100 35.3%
  • SouthEast

Votes: 34 12.0%
  • SouthWest

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • MidWest

Votes: 51 18.0%
  • West

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Hawaii or Alaska

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Florida

Votes: 14 4.9%
  • California

Votes: 13 4.6%

• Total voters

LuigiSpice

Mouseketeer
This came up in another thread and thought a poll could be interesting as I've haven't seen it done this way. Using the attached map as a guide select where you primary residence is. I separated Florida and California from their regions. 435104

It seemed a little funny to say I was international (even though technically I am!) since I am from Canada and I am literally 45 minutes by car from the US border. You may want to separate Canada as it might skew your international numbers, if your looking for more European or Australian. Just a thought. :)

It seemed a little funny to say I was international (even though technically I am!) since I am from Canada and I am literally 45 minutes by car from the US border. You may want to separate Canada as it might skew your international numbers, if your looking for more European or Australian. Just a thought. :)

And here I was thinking I was doing you a favor by not clumping you in with us. LoL. Isn't there slightly different rules for those outside the US in terms of hoops to jump through in purchase?

And here I was thinking I was doing you a favor by not clumping you in with us. LoL. Isn't there slightly different rules for those outside the US in terms of hoops to jump through in purchase?

You are right about extra hoops, as in if we buy direct from Disney we have to be at Disney to do it. I guess I was thinking because the topic of Disney and Florida vacations comes up around the office so much that I almost forget it's a different country. LOL :hyper2:

You are right about extra hoops, as in if we buy direct from Disney we have to be at Disney to do it. I guess I was thinking because the topic of Disney and Florida vacations comes up around the office so much that I almost forget it's a different country. LOL :hyper2:

I think you can buy direct from Disney from anywhere in the World but only if you are settling without finance, at least the DVC rep we saw said that

Currently SE and in NC. But lived most of my life in the NE (in MD). Owned DVC for 13 years and was in MD 10 of those 13 years.

I think you can buy direct from Disney from anywhere in the World but only if you are settling without finance, at least the DVC rep we saw said that
I could not buy direct from Germany. I had to visit the US to sign. They cannot even have a sales call to a non DVC member, if the customer is in Germany.

Maybe everyone should use the location where you purchased your first contract.

My state New Jersey was maybe still is number 3 for dvc members. If I remember correctly it was Florida number one. New York number 2 than New Jersey number 3. Haven’t seen the numbers in a long time where everyone is from.

Maybe everyone should use the location where you purchased your first contract.
LOL. That could be really confusing for me! :)
  1. Florida: Where I gave my credit card to a guide to go on the waitlist while staying at BWV via RCI Exchange.
  2. California: Where I resided at that time (and still do).
  3. Oregon: Where my contract was sent as DVC was not, at that time, licensed for sales in California. The guide coached me to go through a friend in an eligible state ... so I worked through a friend's address in Oregon. That made for quite a mess during the closing process when trying to phone in for status. The CM would ask, "What is your home address?" I failed that question at least three times until I remembered to use my friend's address for the start of every phone conversation.
So, what is the location of my first contract?

Use where you lived when you purchased your first contract. Not where you were when you did it.

Bought into DVC while living in the beautiful Mid Hudson Valley NY. 1992 was first contract at Disney Vacation Club. Now living in NC.

Louisiana, really South central.

Best thing to ever come out of Texas is I10 east. It leads to South Louisiana

Just kidding by the way.

I was born in Louisiana and raised in TX. My whole family is from Louisiana. I get it. ;)

I guess the question is why would that matter for a poll on where you live?

And CA is in the west. ;)

Not that I have anything against the Midwest, but I’m just happy to see a map where western Pennsylvania is rightfully lumped into the Northeast. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!