• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where is Room charge accepted?

kwdietrich1

<font color=purple>It's that darn mouse!!!! I have
Hi, Just checking and wrapping up loose ends before we leave...

Where is the room charge slip accepted for purchases in DLR? I presume the snack carts do not accept the room charge, and most, if not all, of Downtown Disney. We don't want to take too much cash, and prefer to use the room charge feature. We will have cash for the snack carts and a few incidentals, but just want to make sure that the resort restaurants as well as the counter service and sit down places in the parks also accept the room charge. We do not want to use our debit/charge card for every single point of sale purchase, because that would send our credit union into a tizzy having A LOT of purchases each and every day. Periodic charges to the debit/charge card every few days is better.

Thanks so much!

PS; Woo Hoo! We leave next week!!!! :sunny: :Pinkbounc :cool1: :wave: :woohoo: :dance3: :yay:

Never had a problem with our CU and the debit card. Took small amounts of cash just in case we need something from the carts. I like to reconcile the charges and cash flow daily to keep up on the expenses. Sure does not keep the family from spending the $$$. Sorry can not help with the room charge slip.

Jack pirate:

Yes, you can use your room charge at any of the restaurants or store in the parks. I dont believe you can in downtown Disney- other then at the candy shop and world of Disney. I will warn you though, the room charge system is out of date. It takes them FOREVER to do the paperwork, and you will be required to show your ID each time. We did it a couple times, but it wasnt worth the hastle.

Thank you both for your answers. It's a shame that DLR is behind the times. I don't understand why if the Walt Disney Company has the technology to implement a more advanced type of room charge at WDW, why they can't do the same for DLR!? Oh well.

We started to use the resort card to charge, but it was such a hassle that we just used our debit or credit card instead.

At DTD, only the World of Disney and Marcelline's Confectionary take the room card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter