Where should we have our character meal?

kandmwedding

Lover of all things Potato Head
We - my fiance (the husband) and I - decided we should have a character dining experience during our honeymoon, but now can't decide where. Recommendations so far are for Garden Grille or Liberty Tree Tavern. I don't know much about either. What place would you suggest and why?

Thanks!!

Who are your favorite characters? Crystal palace is a bit more elegant than the others with Pooh and the gang. LTT is colonial in style with a sit down platter service of turkey and the fixins. Excellent food with Chip n Dale, minnie, and a few others. My kids love Chef Mickeys for the fun factor.
I would say go to wdwig.com and read the menus and what characters will be there and pick what you both like best. In my opinion you can't go wrong at too many of them.

Are you going to be in the parks every day? If not, you may want to try your character meal on an 'off' day. We are arriving on Sunday afternoon, so our character meal will be the Cinderella Dinner at the GF 1900 Park Fare. That way, on the days we are at the parks we don't have to worry about being at a character meal at a certain time.

Breakfasts are nice, especially if you get them for the time before the park opens. We had the Cinderella Breakfast at the castle on our last trip and it was lovely walking to the castle on main street when the crowds were not there.

I haven't tried Chef Mickey's yet at the Contempory, but would like to do that sometime. That would be a good one for an 'off' day.

If you are going over the holidays, I have heard that the character breakfast at Animal Kingdom has the characters dressed in holiday clothes (but I have not seen it for myself, I just remember someone posting that on this board).

One of our favorite character meals was the ice cream social at the Garden Grill at Epcot. It isn't really a 'meal', but you get a very nice ice cream sundae and the tables are on a rotating floor. The characters come around and visit with each table. We really liked it. I believe it was around 2 or 3:00 in the afternoon. It was a nice break for us.

Have a great trip!

DJ

We heard lots of good things about the Garden Grill. We will be trying that on our upcoming trip. Also heard that 1900 Park Fare is yummy as well (we are trying that one too:teeth: )

We've done Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary, Crystal Palace at Magic Kingdom and Donald's Breakfastosaurus at Animal Kingdom, so that's the limit of my personal experience (so far!).

We really didn't care for the food at the Crystal Palace - I think the biggest problem was the time of day we went. We went for a late lunch and were in the group between the lunch and dinner rush and I don't think they had much food out. Atmosphere was great, but I doubt we'll do that one again.

Chef Mickey's was wonderful! Had dinner there, and everything was great - atmosphere, food, just everything. We definitely plan on going there again.

Donald's Breakfastosaurus was a wonderful surprise! The atmosphere was incredible and we had an amazing and hilarious waiter! We weren't expecting that much going in, but the food was great too. Definitely one we're doing again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter