Where the magic lives! An August solo dining adventure! Final thoughts and cost analysis 11/12.

Sorry your last meal was a bit of a bust, but happy to hear you got some park time in. We did Kona sushi once and I'm with you that it was nothing special. CG definitely has the best in the world, but for future trips Tokyo Dining is pretty good too
Luckily I still had Nomad Lounge, Mickey waffles and lunch at Sanaa to console myself with. Will report on those soon. :) Is your trip really only six days away?? You must be so excited! I can't wait to read all about it!

It's always awesome to get free food and a free Starbucks is a great way to end your last day. I'm sorry the sushi wasn't very good. I didn't like my food when I went to the Kona Cafe, I didn't try the sushi bar area, but I'll probably not go back. The Mickey ice cream sandwich looks delicious.

so happy to finally see they had cheese danishes! I don't know what it is about Disney cheese danishes but they really are a whole other level of yumminess.
Yes, yes they are! I don't care what the other offerings are, when I see a cheese danish in Disney, it's mine :cloud9:

We were going to stop at Kona for Sushi but never got around to it, sorry was lackluster. We also have a grocery store in town that makes really good sushi, I stop in there at times and enjoy some sushi on the go!

Literally my 3 favourite things at Disney!
Mine too, lol!
It's always awesome to get free food and a free Starbucks is a great way to end your last day. I'm sorry the sushi wasn't very good. I didn't like my food when I went to the Kona Cafe, I didn't try the sushi bar area, but I'll probably not go back. The Mickey ice cream sandwich looks delicious.
It was such a nice treat and totally unexpected. It really made my day! :)

Yes, yes they are! I don't care what the other offerings are, when I see a cheese danish in Disney, it's mine :cloud9:
I thought of you when I saw them I thought to myself "Ariane would ditch the protein bar and go for the danish so you should too." It was awesome!

We were going to stop at Kona for Sushi but never got around to it, sorry was lackluster. We also have a grocery store in town that makes really good sushi, I stop in there at times and enjoy some sushi on the go!
Oh well, not every Disney meal is going to be 100%. I am already looking forward to next year and making some new choices.
Great list! Never thought about doing a solo trip but considering now.
Solo trips are wonderful! I am in the very beginning stages of (hopefully) planning a 3rd solo trip for next summer!

I arrived back at AKL after my less than stellar lunch and headed down to the pool to relax for a while. Soon I was feeling a little hungry so I thought I'd pop by the Mara to grab some fruit to enjoy with my couscous salad from the night before. This made a nice light afternoon snack before heading over to AK for the evening.
IMG_1136.JPG
The couscous salad was yummy with diced veggies and a nice dressing and the clementines were sweet and juicy. I had repurposed my refillable mug as a wine glass for the remainder of my white wine and snacked on a bit of candy from the Halloween party as well. Of course, I also had company from my favourite new friend of the week.
IMG_1137.JPG
I really enjoyed my snack and soon it was time to be on my way to AK for my last park evening. It was an absolutely beautiful day and I was happy to head off on safari and enjoy the scenic view. So many of the animals were out and active.
IMG_1142.JPG
Next up I had a date with Nomad Lounge. Originally I had booked Tiffins with the ROl package but then I saw the Madame Leota purse and knew I had to have it. Difficult decisions had to made, so Tiffins got set aside for Nomad Lounge and my darling new bag came home with me. :)
IMG_1182.JPG
I loved the atmosphere at Nomad and quickly settled in at one of the tables along the railing on the deck. I had the most wonderful server who was so friendly and efficient. I knew I had to try @kastoney recommendation of the Annapurna Zing and this did not disappoint! (although it did go up in price to $11). This was a combination of Bombay Sapphire gin, passion fruit puree and mint and finished with ginger beer. Of course, it was so pretty with the glowing lotus blossom as well!
IMG_1146.JPG
I didn't want anything too heavy as I had a FP for my second journey on Flights of Passage coming up next. I decided upon the Lionfish Tacos (breaded lionfish with pineapple and jalapeno). This were fresh and yummy if a little on the small size but perfect for what I wanted just then.
IMG_1148.JPG
I was very happy with my first visit to Nomad Lounge and headed off to FOP which was just as amazing the second time. I decided to hit up Pongo Pongo afterwards as I wanted to try a Pongo Lumpia. This was delicious if a little messy to eat as the warm cream cheese kind of oozed everywhere. Nonetheless, I really enjoyed it and headed off to watch Rivers of Light full and happy. It was a perfect last evening.
IMG_1150.JPG

Daily totals:
Cheese danish and banana at the Mara ~ $3.60 and $1.80
Mickey ice cream sandwich at MK ~ $5.00
Iced passion tea at MK ~ free! My last day present from Mickey!
California roll at Kona Island ~ $14.00 and unsweetened iced tea $3.99
Clementines at the Mara ~ $3.99
Annapurna Zing at Nomad Lounge ~ $11.00
Lionfish tacos at Nomad Lounge ~ $9.00
Pongo Lumpia at Pongo Pongo ~ $2.99

Food total for today: $44.37
Drink total: $11.00
Savings vs using the DDP: $69.35- $44.37 = $24.98.

Attachments

• IMG_1139.JPG
    IMG_1139.JPG
    332.1 KB · Views: 0
Ahh what a wonderful last afternoon and evening. I so wanted to try the Annapurna Zing but I have a hard time drinking when I am with Andi. I don’t know why I know she really wouldn’t care, Glad you enjoyed it!

That purse is sooo cute! What a great find!

If a person didn't really like gin, would this still taste ok? Or is the gin pretty prominent-I like all the other ingredients!
The gin is pretty prominent, if you are not a gin fan this might not be your fave. But there are lots of other yummy drinks on the menu. :) Thanks for the compliment on my new darling, it is my 10th Disney Dooney and while I love them all, she is one of my faves!

Ahh what a wonderful last afternoon and evening. I so wanted to try the Annapurna Zing but I have a hard time drinking when I am with Andi. I don’t know why I know she really wouldn’t care, Glad you enjoyed it!
Thanks! I usually just have a drink or two when I am on my own. I don't want to go overboard as a solo traveller. If I'm out with the boys on my own I don't usually have a drink either but they certainly don't care either and see me enjoying a glass of wine or a beer at home. Legal drinking age is 19 here and I know Jack has sampled drinks at a party or two but he is not a big fan of it. Is it 21 in Minnesota? Two more weeks for you guys, you must be so excited!

Nomad lounge looks like a great spot for quick bite or to hang out. Loved the look of your drink. Not a huge gin fan but maybe with ginger beer it might not taste so much like gin lol.

Nomad lounge looks like a great spot for quick bite or to hang out. Loved the look of your drink. Not a huge gin fan but maybe with ginger beer it might not taste so much like gin lol.
Nomad Lounge is a sweet little spot for sure. The decor and vibe were terrific....definitely worth checking out!

I just binged your report. Sounds like a lot of fun.
It was an awesome trip, thanks! I don't have anything booked for next summer yet but am hoping to soon. Last day post and final thoughts coming up!

Well today was the day......the day I would have to board the Tragical Depress and return to reality. I started organizing and packing up a few things but decided I needed a little treat to console myself so headed down to the Mara for some Mickey Waffles. These were perfectly light and fluffy, served with whipped cream and fresh berries and a side of bacon. Paired with a fresh cup of coffee this was breakfast perfection!
IMG_1170.JPG
Feeling full and perfectly satisfied, I finished up my packing and got ready to say goodbye to my home for the week. I headed down to the lobby to drop off my luggage with Bell Services and pick up some cast compliment cards for some truly exceptional CMs I had the pleasure of meeting during my trip. I was so excited about my last Disney experience of the trip......I was heading to my beloved Sanaa for lunch! And what was I planning on ordering?? Of course I went for the bread service which was utterly fantastic. I sat at the same table I did last year and had a wonderful server who used to be a chef but decided he wanted to try front of house instead. We had a great chat about all things Disney.
IMG_1176.JPG
Isn't that the most heavenly thing you have ever seen? So good! My faves were the tomato jam, the coriander dip, the tamarind and the groundnut. I loved the onion kulcha with the garlic ginger naan a close second. Of course I needed something fabulous to enjoy with all this yumminess and went for the raspberry ginger mojito. Mmmmmm! It was a perfect blend of flavours and so refreshing!
IMG_1177.JPG
I had managed about 1/2 of the bread service and was so full! However I knew my food options for the next 12 hours was sad and boring airport food so decided I would go for dessert. I chose the triple African chocolate mousse which was amazing. White, milk and dark chocolate mousse which was creamy and decadent. I polished off every bite. What a perfect ending to a blissful eight days in my happy place.
IMG_1178.JPG

Today's totals:
Mickey Waffles at the Mara: $8.49
Bread service at Sanaa: $15.00
Triple African chocolate mousse: $8.00
Raspberry ginger mojito: $11.25

Food total: $31.49
Drinks total: $11.25
Savings vs using DDP: $69.35 - $31.49 = $37.86

Final thoughts coming up next!

I LOVE Sanaa!! I think it is my favourite restaurant!! That bread service is incredible, and you can never go wrong with Mickey Waffles!!

What a great way to end your vacation! Thanks for the report!
Thanks for joining in! I can't wait to go back! :)

I LOVE Sanaa!! I think it is my favourite restaurant!! That bread service is incredible, and you can never go wrong with Mickey Waffles!!
Me too......it was such an awesome last day with yummy food!

I am officially at the end of my dining adventures for my sixth (second solo) trip to the World! It was an amazing trip and I thoroughly enjoyed every moment. Paying OOP proved to be a winner for me yet again as I ate very well and came out well ahead of what I would have spent on the DDP.

Favourite CS this trip: The Mara wins hands down; the falafel sandwich, butternut squash soup, mickey waffles, great coffee and awesome CMs made it my fave spot!
Favourite snack: White chocolate coconut ice cream at Les Halles
Favourite TS: Sanaa!
Favourite drink: Cucumber lime margarita in Mexico

OOP costs: $330.89 (food) $105.94 (beverages)

DDP costs for 1 adult for 7 nights: $485.45
Savings vs using DDP: $485.45 - $330.89 = $154.56

Thanks to all for joining in and commenting, it's always great to share the love of Disney with like minded friends. See ya real soon!

Thank you for writing this awesome Dining Report! I really enjoyed reading about all your experiences and delicious food you tried.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter