Where to book my first?

There will be 5 of us - 2 adults, 6 year old, 3 year old, 1 year old and we'll be purchasing the DDP so a kitchen is appreciated but not needed.
I would choose poly -- it would accommodate your family perfectly - one child in the pull out, one in the Murphy and one in the pack-n-play. It does have 2 bathrooms and have heard that some people will pull the pack n play into the bathroom for nap time just so it is a little quieter and dark for the little one.

We actually own the same 2 resorts. We bought AK resale first. Our first stay was a split between Poly then AK -- what a mistake. We fell in love with the Poly and added on a resale there. There is really nothing more magical than looking out and seeing the castle. It has great pools, beautiful grounds to stroll around and a quick monorail ride to Epcot.

Also worth noting, you do get some dining discounts with your blue DVC card so i would run the number to see if the dining plan does in fact make sense. Typically the dining plan only provides a convenience and not a real savings. And it is often too much food. Off the dining plan you could choose a sit down place and just order a few apps, but with the dining plan you are pretty much locked into getting the meal and dessert. just something to consider.

What you could do is buy discount Disney gift cards from target (using the target red card) for the same amount that the dining plan would cost. Use those gift cards along with your DVC discount to see how you fair. My guess is that you will come out a little ahead without the dining plan. If you are going heavy on the character meals that may change the numbers. But work out the number to see which way makes sense.

We’re a bit nuts with the dining plan. This last trip we actually went deluxe - and used every single meal and snack.

We’ve grown accustomed to the tricks of using the dining plan and it’s starting to get it’s own sentimental value. For example, I took this shot watching the fireworks underneath the castle. Something we wouldn’t have figured out to do without the dining plan. (Our last trip CRT total was nearly $400 all covered by the dining plan)

8A4CBF97-21CE-4E2F-AF81-38D59FF47066.jpeg

We sat on a bench and had that view for the entire show. No crowds, no noise, no shuffling. It’s since changed and we wouldn’t be able to see the light projections; but that was truly one the most magical moments we’ve ever had at Disney and it felt like a private fireworks show.

I’m normally frugal. To give you an idea how much. We’ll pay for trips and dues in the future with gift cards. We buy Walmart and sams club gift cards for usually 1-2% off, collecting 2% cash back on our credit cards. We then use those to buy Disney gift cards from Sams Club (4.6% off) through the Ibotta app (2% back) which comes out to around a consistent 7% off. But throughout the year we’ll buy as credit card deals pop up and we usually average 12% off using gift cards.

But I have to ask. We usually paid for our DDP with gift cards too. Can we not do that as a DVC member?

Whatever you do, don't book a one bedroom villa on your first trip. You will never go back to studios. Especially with a family of five. Do studios until the baby hits three. Then you are officially five.

We’re a bit nuts with the dining plan. This last trip we actually went deluxe - and used every single meal and snack.

We’ve grown accustomed to the tricks of using the dining plan and it’s starting to get it’s own sentimental value. For example, I took this shot watching the fireworks underneath the castle. Something we wouldn’t have figured out to do without the dining plan. (Our last trip CRT total was nearly $400 all covered by the dining plan)

View attachment 437527

We sat on a bench and had that view for the entire show. No crowds, no noise, no shuffling. It’s since changed and we wouldn’t be able to see the light projections; but that was truly one the most magical moments we’ve ever had at Disney and it felt like a private fireworks show.

I’m normally frugal. To give you an idea how much. We’ll pay for trips and dues in the future with gift cards. We buy Walmart and sams club gift cards for usually 1-2% off, collecting 2% cash back on our credit cards. We then use those to buy Disney gift cards from Sams Club (4.6% off) through the Ibotta app (2% back) which comes out to around a consistent 7% off. But throughout the year we’ll buy as credit card deals pop up and we usually average 12% off using gift cards.

But I have to ask. We usually paid for our DDP with gift cards too. Can we not do that as a DVC member?
Wow incredible photo.

...But I have to ask. We usually paid for our DDP with gift cards too. Can we not do that as a DVC member?
Sure, you just give MS the gift card numbers when you book it. You may want to consolidate the cards since I think they are limited in the number of cards they can take.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!