Where to cash a check?

Bunchkin

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know where we can cash a personal check in the theme parks? If this is even allowed?
I know when we went to DisneyLand you could cash one easily on Main Street.

Hmmm...it's been a long time, but I think you can still cash a check at the bank on Main Street in the MK. If I remember correctly, you will need to show a major credit card. I remember it being a bit of a hassle, but I did manage to get the check cashed.

There's a bank branch in each park where you can evidently cash a check. I think the limit is around $200. I've never done it, but I've read it in the guide books. ATMs are also available at those banks and in the hotels.

Thanks for the replies!
I would rather cash a check instead of using my ATM card for emergency cash, especially with all the fees that will be charged for using it at a different bank than mine.

seashoreCM,
As a well versed traveler I wouldn't expect anyone but a bank to cash a check for me. And as we had been able to cash checks at the bank in Disney Land with no problems, I did expect Disney World to follow suit. And understand through my own research that they will cash checks without problem.
And we have never had any problems having a check accepted with the proper ID from any merchant while traveling throughout the US.
I don't rely on personal checks. As my comment stated it would be for emergency cash.

... if you are staying in a hotel, that is. The front desk will normally cash checks for guests.

Hi, I beg to differ about writing checks. I wrote many checks in the stores all over Disney World in December and previous trips and have had no problems at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter