Where to eat at Universal Orlando including menus...UPDATED REGULARLY

damo

Proud Redhead
I've searched this LOOOOOONG thread a bit and found a few mentions, but... my husband was recently diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and as such, avoids starches and sugar like the plague. I'm wondering if, in general, at the table service restaurants do they bat an eye if you order, say, burgers or sandwiches without the bun? I saw at a couple of places that this isn't a problem, just wondering if, say, Cowfish would have an issue with that? I really want to try it, but there's not much on the menu for him if he can't order with lettuce instead of a bun and sub out the fries/tots for something else. Or at any of the sit downs where there are potatoes or polenta or rice or whatever, subbing in some extra veg?
The table service restaurants are great at serving your needs. Don't hesitate to ask!!!

macraven

Proud Redhead
DisGhost, I’ve ordered a burger w/o the bun at Cowfish
And had the toppings all put on the side

You shouldn’t have any issues doing that as I paved the way for you....lol

DisGhost

Earning My Ears
DisGhost, I’ve ordered a burger w/o the bun at Cowfish
And had the toppings all put on the side

You shouldn’t have any issues doing that as I paved the way for you....lol
LOl thank you everyone! I imagine something like, say the burgerooshi might be a problem (though TBH that thing kind of freaks me out.) We had great luck at Disney but the local amusement parks? Not so much.

• only hope

DIS Veteran
    What type of bbq sauce does Monsters Cafe use? Sweet, spicy, tangy...I don't like any level of spicy heat in my food, not even black pepper. Monsters Cafe would be an excellent use of the dining plan but not if I wouldn't like the food. :) I haven't been since they changed the menu.

Suprachica79

Mouseketeer
    I’ve yet to speak to anyone who’s opinion I trust, give a good review of Big Fire yet........very disappointing indeed.

I think we may try a drink at the bar and have dessert one night, but no desire to eat entrees there.
    My wife and I tried here the first night of our trip, it was fantastic. My pork chop was perfectly cooked, and her beer glazed scallops were as delicious a dish as I’ve ever had. Our meal was so good, we went back again for our last dinner of the trip. Again, food was outstanding. Not sure where the hate is coming from, I think for the price, this place is a steal.

damo

Proud Redhead
    What type of bbq sauce does Monsters Cafe use? Sweet, spicy, tangy...I don't like any level of spicy heat in my food, not even black pepper. Monsters Cafe would be an excellent use of the dining plan but not if I wouldn't like the food. :) I haven't been since they changed the menu.
    I had the brisket and I don't recall any level of spiciness.

• Jimmy Mouse

My other car is the Monorail
    We just booked our first trip to Universal Orlando for 6 nights in October and staying at Hard Rock Club Level. Looking on the website for dining is so confusing compared to Disney. We are not picky eaters but like to do at least one sit down a day. My question is do we need to make reservations for lunch or dinner daily? Or can we walk up and get a table? Any advice will be appreciated!

patster734

DIS Veteran
    We just booked our first trip to Universal Orlando for 6 nights in October and staying at Hard Rock Club Level. Looking on the website for dining is so confusing compared to Disney. We are not picky eaters but like to do at least one sit down a day. My question is do we need to make reservations for lunch or dinner daily? Or can we walk up and get a table? Any advice will be appreciated!
    In most cases, you’ll be able to walk up and get a table pretty quickly, especially for lunch. However, on Halloween Horror Nights nights, you may encounter a 60 minute wait or longer at dinner time for walk ups at Citywalk restaurants. On those nights, you might want to consider a reservation, but unlike Disney, those reservations are usually available the day before, and in many cases the morning of, so you don’t need to reserve 30 days or more in advance.

The restaurants at the hotels aren’t full and can typically seat guests in a few minutes for walk ups. Inside the parks, Mythos and Finnegan’s are popular on weekends, and can experience 30 minute waits or longer for lunch.

There is one exception and that is Finnegan’s for dinner on HHNs nights. Because Finnegan’s is a holding spot for the Stay And Scream area, people will reserve a table weeks in advance so that they can eat while Universal Studios is converted over for the HHNs event.

Jimmy Mouse

In most cases, you’ll be able to walk up and get a table pretty quickly, especially for lunch. However, on Halloween Horror Nights nights, you may encounter a 60 minute wait or longer at dinner time for walk ups at Citywalk restaurants. On those nights, you might want to consider a reservation, but unlike Disney, those reservations are usually available the day before, and in many cases the morning of, so you don’t need to reserve 30 days or more in advance.

The restaurants at the hotels aren’t full and can typically seat guests in a few minutes for walk ups. Inside the parks, Mythos and Finnegan’s are popular on weekends, and can experience 30 minute waits or longer for lunch.

There is one exception and that is Finnegan’s for dinner on HHNs nights. Because Finnegan’s is a holding spot for the Stay And Scream area, people will reserve a table weeks in advance so that they can eat while Universal Studios is converted over for the HHNs event.
    I didn't even consider HHNs! Are they every night? and does the park close early for it? TIA!

patster734

DIS Veteran
    I didn't even consider HHNs! Are they every night? and does the park close early for it? TIA!
    HHNs typically runs from Thursday to Sunday, with the occasional Wednesday. On HHNs nights, Universal Studios will close early so that they can decorate for HHNs, but there are holding areas for guests that possess both a day pass and a HHNs ticket. IOA will stay open to its normal time because it doesn’t host HHNs.

• Jimmy Mouse

HHNs typically runs from Thursday to Sunday, with the occasional Wednesday. On HHNs nights, Universal Studios will close early so that they can decorate for HHNs, but there are holding areas for guests that possess both a day pass and a HHNs ticket. IOA will stay open to its normal time because it doesn’t host HHNs.
    We won’t be doing the HHN since my girls are 6 & 8. But good to know IOA will still be open.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.

UNIVERSAL PODCASTS

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO VIDEOS

UNIVERSAL ATTRACTIONS