• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to eat???What are your favorite places and why??

Dval00

Earning My Ears
:earsgirl:

Going to be in WDW from 12/22-12/29 this year and it will be our first time visiting the parks...Need help on good places to eat..On a budget...

Here are a few places I am interested in..

Crystal Palace
50's Prime Time Cafe
Biergarten
Cosmic Rays

What are your favorite Restaurants and why????

:bounce: :bounce:

Hollywood and Vine a buffet with characters--MGM Lunch is great Mediterranean cold slaw, outstanding salad bar, red velvet cake, rotisserie turkey, flank steak, sweet potatoes in root beer sauce--Minnie, Pluto, chip and dale & Goofy in Hollywood heyday costumes---- open kitchen great services.

Spoodles for lunch, especially Sunday brunch open oven pizza, Mediterranean dishes, great gourmet deserts. salmon. atmosphere on boardwalk and Italian decor. Strolling accordion play takes your request.

Clam bake beach club buffet--New England Clam bake--- steamed clams and mussels, peel and eat shrimp,salad bar excellent with shrimp and yellow tomatoes, clam chowder, ribs, broiled fish, red potatoes and corn or cob, gourmet deserts.

Boma African buffet Animal kingdom Lodge---Zebra mounds, prime rib----- nuff said

Buffets run from 13-20 dollars. however go at lunch make this your big meal of the day, it less expensive and same food as dinner. Save money and experience Disney cuisine.

:o ;) :p :p :p :bounce: :p :p :p :jester: :cool:

Thanks so much for the info!!! Going to check that out too..thought since this is the budget board..someone might have some good ideas....

Thanks again!!

Aw shucks, Mame. You sure are welcome.

I'm sure some budget meal info if so facto is forthcoming too!

;) :bounce: :p :bounce: :jester: :cool:

FAVS AT MK!

Cinderella's Castle Character Breakfast: I love the cream cheese french toast (I have the recipe and try to make it for special occasions). The characters are great and the room is lovely. There is no better place to dine for me!

Crystal Palace Character Dinner: EVERYONE loves Pooh and Friends and the buffet is very nice!

FAST FOOD AT MK:
Columbia Harbor House: great ham sandwich and peacan salad.
Pinocchinos: very nice salad and you can sit at a table that overlooks the INSIDE of IT'S A SMALL WORLD!

cobb salad
Cobb salad at rainforest cafe $12 will feed 2 normal people or one deputy disney. at downtown disney and AK

Cobb salad (orginal recipe) brown derby at MGM $17 will feed 2 normal people or one deputy disney.

Most of the sit down restaurants on disney, the single portion will feed 2 normal people or one deputy disney.

Do lunch at the buffet in norway/Epcot $12 etc. make that the big meal of the day.

You can do it inexpensively by sharing and careful planning of lunches.

All the CM at the restaurant are working people and understand the need for budget!!!!!!

You will have a great time, too!

checkout
This story appeared in a recent Houston Chronicle:

eating cheap at WDW!

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/story.hts/travel/926159

:o :p :bounce: :p :bounce: :p :bounce: :o :rolleyes: :jester: :cool:

Thanks for the link..interesting article..Going to have to try that cobb salad too!!!

Cosmic Rays has a good Chicken sandwich.

Crystal Palace is great. We were so full, ie we ate like pigs ;) , that we only snacked for dinner.

1. Sci Fi Dine In
After reading reviews I decided not to make a ps, but when we got to MGM, I could not help myself...I wanted to try it and it was GREAT! The atmosphere and themeing is some of the best. The food was onpar with the rest of Disney. The wait staff was friendly, attentive, and in character. This was my favorite place.

2. Liberty Tree
Great place to relax for lunch at the MK. Food was HUGE and waitress was freindly.

3. We ate around the world in epcot...originally I made ps-es in Norway and Morrocco, but when we got there we wanted to try it all...definitely try for fish and chips in UK and pasteries in France and Norway. You said you were interested in Germany and it really looked like a fun time inside.

4. Love the Minnie bars at the stands :)

My vote is for a Character Breakfast and the Fantazmic dinner packages At Hollywood & Vine in MGM!!

From FrommersBudget Travel Newsletter
Turning to MGM's all-you-can-eat digs, the best you can do is Hollywood & Vine, next to Echo Lake. Lunch is an exorbitant $17 adults/$9.25 kids, but curiously, at dinner, the price doesn't change, which makes it one of the best deals in the resort (most places charge over $20/$10 for dinner buffets).
Here's the link to this article Mini Mickey
http://www.frommers.com/newsletters/05-15-01/article2.html

Here is the link to the first part of this article Mini Mickey
http://www.frommers.com/newsletters/05-14-01/article1.html

Cosmic Rays is one of our favorites. You can get whole chickens with all the fixins in large containers...mashed potatos, etc. Just like at Boston Market Restaurants. So the whole family can share. It works out to be much cheaper. Also...Ohana at the Polyenisian is great...all you can eat and lots of fun. Cape May Buffet is a must for us at the Y&B Club. The clams and clam chowder is excellent. The last two restaurants are about $20 and are not open for lunch though. Don't forget the big turkey legs!

Sci FI Dine In. I took my DD there last year she hadn't heard anything about it. She thought it was so cool. I had a great burger and drink her kids meal was served on a glow in the dark frisbee.
Riverview :smooth: :bounce: :p :bounce: :wave:

For budget restaurant eating, you've got some good choices. Just remember to order small and share at first. If you want to get more food after you see the portion sizes, order more.

Most of the condiment bars at counter service restaurants only offer packets or dispensers of ketchup, mustard, mayo relish, etc. But some (like Cosmic Ray's) have more, like fresh lettuce & tomatoes, onions, pickles, peppers & hot cheesy sauce (for cheesy fries). At one of those restaurants, you will get more food for your money if you like your sandwich piled high. Our kids eat that stuff like side dishes!

At some of these restaurants mentioned, like Rainforest and Sci-Fi, most appetizers are huge. We sometimes order one appetizer, one salad, one entree and one dessert and leave a place like that with two of us (good eaters!) absolutely stuffed! ;) And this let's you sample a lot without breaking the bank. Skip the expensive beverages and drink lemon water, if that's not too much of a hardship - it saves our family about $10 per meal. Now that our kids are getting bigger and have more adventurous, adult appetites, it's getting even easier to share around the table in restaurants.

Also, the buffets are wonderful but they do add up. If you arrive around 3:30, you will pay lunch rates and get to have seconds at the dinner buffet, with more variety. If you go to a breakfast buffet, go at 10:30 and make it a big brunch.

Have fun with the restaurants, too. Don't hesitate to stop into one during the quieter times between meal hours and see if you can be seated for dessert only, without a p.s. Then you get to try the place without dropping a bundle. For our family, it's $10 just for Mickey bars! So $20 for a couple shared desserts + tip is worth it for the ambiance. It also doesn't take nearly as long to be served as cooked-to-order food. :D

:) :D :) :D :)

Thanks for all the cool information!!! I really appreciate all of the things that have been posted here...it really helps when you are planning a trip for the first time!!!

I really like these Boards!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter