Where to find 'strange' spices . . .

piratesmate

<font color=red>Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue t
This is not an ad - I am in no way connected with this place. Someone had asked where I found several of the stranger spices for the dishes at Boma's. I checked with the place I get my spices & they are in the process of having a Web site set up - www.spicesmuggler.com - but they do take orders over the phone. I forgot to ask what they charge for shipping, though. Sorry.:(

The only time I buy spices at the grocery now, is on a Sunday - or if it's a last minute emergency & I don't have time to run down. There is nothing like using FRESH cinnamon, or one of their special mixes like Apple Pie Spice or Taco Seasoning. When I first started using fresh, I had to cut the amount I was using in half, because the flavor was so much stronger. (I don't do that any more, though - we're all used to it.)

The Spice Smuggler
219 W. Main St.
Lansdale, PA 19446
(215) 362-8893

I thought it might be helpful if you knew some of their prices. This is what I got yesterday:
Ginger 4 oz - 2.99 (This was about a cup??)
Turmeric 1 oz - 1.69
Cardamom 1/2 oz - 2.39
Pumpkin Pie Spice 1 oz - 1.99
Annatto 1 oz - 1.99
Taco Seasoning 4 oz - 3.99
Lemon Pepper 2 oz - 1.99
Toasted Garlic 2 oz - 2.89

I also get thinks like craisins, dried cherries and loose Mango Mist tea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter