Where to fly into for Disney...

pstepka

DIS Veteran
When I looked for flights, I had two options for airports...are there two different ones in Orlando?

Pam

Most people fly into MCO (Orlando International), which is only about half an hour away from Disney. At one time, we had Pan Am flying out of Gary, Indiana, (we're in Chicago) and going into Sanford, which is also supposed to be in the area. But we never tried them because Pan Am discontinued those flights. I had asked our Happy Limo driver once because we fly into Orlando a lot and we wanted to be sure they would be able to pick us up out of Sanford. He said that they do make pick-ups there but that it is mainly international flights. However, if you can find a cheap flight there, it sounded like it would be feasible.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I have used the Sanford airport once, and it was a very good
experience. It's not as close as MCO but the time you save
with this being a smaller airport, eg. ( no huge lines for baggage
or for car rentals). The time it takes to do all that at MCO ...
the chance is good that you would be at your Hotel sooner.

Smaller airports are more relaxing. But also consider how many flights your airline has into the particular airport. Delays or cancellations at smaller airports often leave you with less options.

Flew into Sanford on our last trip to WDW. It was a very nice airport. Would use it again if it was used by an airline that I'm flying with. We had used PanAm but they aren't flying out of our area now. It took us about 50 minutes to get to WDW from the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter