Where to watch MK fireworks outside of the park

RLGNC

DIS Veteran
If we want to avoid the MK crowds but watch the fireworks, what's a good location? We have done the Polynesian beach and enjoyed that, but I was wondering about other possibilities. Thanks in advance!

Balcony on 4th floor of Contemporary. Get there early if a seat is important to you. Or you could splurge on dinner at California Grill. You can watch fireworks at their viewing area on the Contemporary roof that night no matter when in the evening you ate dinner there.

My favorite is the Poly beach. To me, it gets you the best mix of a centered viewing angle, space to watch, and audio During our Oct and late Dec trips the audio was MUCH IMPROVED over prior visits. For the longest time the audio around the Poly beach was really spotty (read, horrible)... you could easily be in a good viewing spot but not hear anything. Recently the audio has been quite loud - almost blowing the speakers loud. As always, YMMV.

But since you’ve been there/done that, here are some other options:

GF outside of Gaspy’s - Generally OK audio, slightly off-centered view

GF boat dock - A little better view but limited audio

TTC - great audio and centered view, not a lot of atmosphere

CR - 4th Floor observation deck or Cali Grill dinner, as mentioned by @glassslippergirl

Poly - Trader Sam’s outdoor patio

Hope that helps!

TTC - great audio and centered view, not a lot of atmosphere

It doesn't have the ambiance of the contemporary, but I think that near the boat dock from the TTC is the perfect spot. The audio is crisp and clear and the view is straight-on.

So if we do the TTC option, what's the best strategy? For instance, if we're leaving MK, what time should we hop the monorail or ferry to TTC?

Or I was just thinking, if we want to head into MK for EMH one night, would it make sense to get to TTC a little before 10 for the fireworks and then head into MK?

Thanks again!

So if we do the TTC option, what's the best strategy? For instance, if we're leaving MK, what time should we hop the monorail or ferry to TTC?

Or I was just thinking, if we want to head into MK for EMH one night, would it make sense to get to TTC a little before 10 for the fireworks and then head into MK?

Thanks again!

Depends on when HEA is on your day in question. Can you say when you’re going? FYI, there have been very few 10PM HEAs - it’s not like things were a few years ago when 10PM fireworks were more the norm during certain times of the year.

Depends on when HEA is on your day in question. Can you say when you’re going? FYI, there have been very few 10PM HEAs - it’s not like things were a few years ago when 10PM fireworks were more the norm during certain times of the year.

Oh, oops. I just assumed they were at 10:00. We will be there July 15-21.

It doesn't have the ambiance of the contemporary, but I think that near the boat dock from the TTC is the perfect spot. The audio is crisp and clear and the view is straight-on.

TTC-Fwx-CU_011517_zpskraqffi4.jpg

Last edited:
Below are the angles of the views in the Seven Seas Lagoon area.

MK-7Seas-Resorts-Fwx_012913_zps84390ca0.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, oops. I just assumed they were at 10:00. We will be there July 15-21.

While this could change, HEA is currently on the schedule for those dates at 9:15pm each night. Last year, it was at 9pm all summer.

As to what time to leave MK to get to the TTC, I’d say 8:30-8:45ish.

Hope that helps!

I’ll add another vote for the TTC. We arrived there once just as Wishes was starting, completely by coincidence, and it was magical! Hardly anyone else there, and as PP said the sound was good and view perfect.

And of course we were on the parking tram or in our car before the monorail & ferry began discharging hordes of people!

Another vote for Contemporary. We splurged for an early dinner and you can come back with your receipt and watch/hear it from Balcony. It was not crowded and very relaxing.

If we want to avoid the MK crowds but watch the fireworks, what's a good location? We have done the Polynesian beach and enjoyed that, but I was wondering about other possibilities. Thanks in advance!

We prefer to watch the fireworks outside of the park for that very reason. Exhausted from a long park day, waiting forever holding that good spot and then fighting the crowd to get out and then waiting in long lines for the monorail or boat to leave just isn't worth it.

Boat ramp at the TTC has the best view - but not a great place to go and hangout, unless you parked there.
We enjoyed the Poly beach - Audio isn't that good though, seems like they just had one speaker on the far end of the resort.
We had a great seat in front of the window at Narcoosees, but right before the fireworks started, a boat brought a group in from the MK and they all stood in front of us on the deck outside of the restaurant blocking our view. Very disappointing - though the angle isn't best.
Cali Grill is great, but getting an ADR for dinner can be difficult at times.

Last edited:
Polybound said:
We had a great seat in front of the window at Narcoosees, but right before the fireworks started, a boat brought a group in from the MK and they all stood in front of us on the deck outside of the restaurant blocking our view. Very disappointing - though the angle isn't best.

The outside deck at Narcoossee's is now marked for the exclusive use of restaurant patrons.

Last edited:
You quoted me, but that's not my post. Weird.

That has been happening quite a bit.
The DISboards site has been having some problems, lately.

Anyway, I just manually fixed the attribution of the quote.

Below are the angles of the views in the Seven Seas Lagoon area.

This is very cool. Thanks!

While this could change, HEA is currently on the schedule for those dates at 9:15pm each night. Last year, it was at 9pm all summer.

Thanks for this. Don't know why I assumed 10:00. Probably because Illuminations is usually at park closing. And I was able to find the calendar on the Disney website, so that will be helpful going forward!

I’ll add another vote for the TTC. We arrived there once just as Wishes was starting, completely by coincidence, and it was magical! Hardly anyone else there, and as PP said the sound was good and view perfect.

I think we will try TTC. The good view and low crowds sound like just our speed!

We prefer to watch the fireworks outside of the park for that very reason. Exhausted from a long park day, waiting forever holding that good spot and then fighting the crowd to get out and then waiting in long lines for the monorail or boat to leave just isn't worth it.

Yes, definitely trying to avoid that scene! I think we will try catching them on our way in for MK EMH, though!

The outside deck at Narcoossee's is now marked for the exclusive use of restaurant patrons.

That's good. It was the 2nd week of December, 2016. Not sure if it was marked then or not. People may not have paid any attention to the sign if there was one then.
On the other hand, there's nothing to stop people eating at the restaurant, who don't have a table by the window to go outside on the deck and stand in front of those who do.

If you want no ambience and absolutely no crowd, the main entrance to BLT at the Contemporary also pipes in the music. You are at ground level. We had to leave the Top of the World lounge during the fireworks, and were pleasantly surprised when the music was playing at the ground floor entrance to BLT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter